What's new

Game Thread Feb 19, 2021 8:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers

Added to Calendar: 02-19-21

So how do you explain the fact that we are the top rebounding team in the league? Sorry but you're just wrong. Yes equal effort, the taller guy has a much better shot at getting the rebound. But there are plenty of tall guys that are crappy rebounders. Sounds like you never played organized ball.
regular season stats don't mean **** if you can't sustain it comes playoffs.

we were the better rebounding team than Denver last regular season. and in that bubble series, guess what? we got outrebounded by the Nuggets. and lost the rebounding battle in each of the last three games(35vs38, 30vs43, 46vs48). those soft rebounds that were picked up by bojan, niang, royce with noone within five feet of them. you think that's gonna happen consistently in the playoffs?

last night was basically a rehearsal of playoff basketball. yes, there are tall players out there that are soft and crappy rebounders. but Clippers kawhi/Ibaka/Zubac surely weren't one of those guys. Neither were Lakers' Lebron/AD/Harrell/Gasol.

i do believe we fought hard last night. everyone gave their best effort. it's 100% due to lack of size and physicality that we were outrebounded by the clippers 38 to 45. we need someone that is bigger and stronger than the 6'4 Royce at the 4 spot if we wanna win those rebounding battles comes playoffs.

regular season stats don't mean **** if you can't sustain it comes playoffs.

we were the better rebounding team than Denver last regular season. and in that bubble series, guess what? we got outrebounded by the Nuggets. and lost the rebounding battle in each of the last three games(35vs38, 30vs43, 46vs48). those soft rebounds that were picked up by bojan, niang, royce with noone within five feet of them. you think that's gonna happen consistently in the playoffs?

last night was basically a rehearsal of playoff basketball. yes, there are tall players out there that are soft and crappy rebounders. but Clippers kawhi/Ibaka/Zubac surely weren't one of those guys. Neither were Lakers' Lebron/AD/Harrell/Gasol.

i do believe we fought hard last night. everyone gave their best effort. it's 100% due to lack of size and physicality that we were outrebounded by the clippers 38 to 45. we need someone that is bigger and stronger than the 6'4 Royce at the 4 spot if we wanna win those rebounding battles comes playoffs.
Nobody is saying we don't need to plug that hole in our perimeter D, I've been saying it all season. I'm just saying that rebounding is not just a factor of height. Most here agree we are not going to fare as well against bigger stronger wings in the playoffs, so your changing this discussion to be about that is dumb. I was just pointing out that our rebounding success this year has largely been a product of increased effort and a mindset to attack the rim. If we're not showing that we will get out rebounded. But if we are putting in the effort, we have a pretty good shot of at least breaking even in the rebounding battle.

Not even mad we lost as the Clippers exposed some things the Jazz need to work on.
Like we did for them a few days ago.

This is a competitive match up. We actually "won" the last three quarters. But an 8 pt early deficit was too much for the game after everyone was "hot".

They will wear us out in a seven game series.