What's new

Finally took the plunge and published my book

Guys, my third book just hit today. Hunt of the Bandham.

Things have been pretty crazy over the last month. The first book has been hovering in the top 50 of Epic Fantasy on Kindle and the second has been doing almost as well. Both books sold over 1000 copies in August.

I just want to thank you guys for your support as I was getting started with all this.

hey wow, I missed all these posts back in September - it's always nice to hear/read GOOD NEWS, but it's an especially nice change of pace today with all the coverage of the school shooting - Congratulations Edge on getting your new writing career off to such a good start!

Thanks, Moe!
I was really excited with the new book coming out and then the CT news came out this morning and put a damper on it.
Still happy with where things are with my books. Sold over 13000 copies since the whole thing started in May.
I get to relax and watch the Jazz game tonight, take my wife to see the Hobbit tomorrow and then it's back to work on the 4th book.

Thanks, Gyp!
I have a question for you guys. It's kind of a marketing thing.

I have had a few requests for a combo package of all the books so far. I just don't know if that would sell. Basically it would be books 1-3 of the main series plus Hilt's Pride for 7.99 on Amazon Kindle. That is a savings of 2.99. But my only concern is that the series isn't complete yet. I still have two books to go before I'm done. The next book will be awhile yet, maybe six months or so. What do you think?

I was getting some feedback from readers that said they almost didn't buy the first book because of the cover. I bit the bullet and hired a professional to redo it. What do you think?
317957_436645326406979_348607490_n.jpg

Thanks Colton and Larry. I Keep trying to find ways to get more visibility and the cover is the first thing people see. I have found that 90% of the people who buy the first book buy the other three, so visibility is crucial. That's why I have kept it at 99 cents.

Thanks, Gyp!
I have a question for you guys. It's kind of a marketing thing.

I have had a few requests for a combo package of all the books so far. I just don't know if that would sell. Basically it would be books 1-3 of the main series plus Hilt's Pride for 7.99 on Amazon Kindle. That is a savings of 2.99. But my only concern is that the series isn't complete yet. I still have two books to go before I'm done. The next book will be awhile yet, maybe six months or so. What do you think?

definitely like the new cover.

also, sorry to be so late with this response, but I just noticed your question in the earlier post. I think you should go ahead and market the first three books as a package with a teaser for the next book. I've noticed that done quite a bit these days, even for books that are not part of a series. Maybe also include an expected publication date if you have a rough idea when it'd be ready.

well, I passed on this thread back in the day. Never liked this kind of fantasy. . . . Lord of the Rings and such. . . .

I have a brother who published on Amazon and got a little notice, but he was not popular because what he had to say just annoyed a lot of people who are happy to be ignorant.

Just want to say I do appreciate your standards for not just doing the vampire and other stuff that's totally worthless.

Do you actually have anything to say, being edgy and all that, that might be an interesting twist on life, art, philosophy, and such, or are your characters just dreamers wandering in the woods?

I do like your titles, and find that "Bowl of Souls" image almost enough to crack my tighwad habit and make me splurge a buck. . . .

also, sorry to be so late with this response, but I just noticed your question in the earlier post. I think you should go ahead and market the first three books as a package with a teaser for the next book. I've noticed that done quite a bit these days, even for books that are not part of a series. Maybe also include an expected publication date if you have a rough idea when it'd be ready.

Also, send money.

ATTN: Larry S. Elbows
602 E 500 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84102

well, I passed on this thread back in the day. Never liked this kind of fantasy. . . . Lord of the Rings and such. . . .

I have a brother who published on Amazon and got a little notice, but he was not popular because what he had to say just annoyed a lot of people who are happy to be ignorant.

Just want to say I do appreciate your standards for not just doing the vampire and other stuff that's totally worthless.

Do you actually have anything to say, being edgy and all that, that might be an interesting twist on life, art, philosophy, and such, or are your characters just dreamers wandering in the woods?

I do like your titles, and find that "Bowl of Souls" image almost enough to crack my tighwad habit and make me splurge a buck. . . .

I would like to think that my characters have a philosophy and honor to portray, Justan's being mainly about hard work and a drive to fulfill ones dreams.

I don't really like comparing my writing to Lord of the Rings. My books are epic fantasy in scope but they read more like adventure novels. My focus is on character and action.

It may be hard to believe coming from the guy that wrote them, but I would consider them worth giving a try. I wrote the kind of story that I wanted to read. Maybe you'll like it too. Is 99 cents worth the gamble . . ?

Thanks, Moe. I am definitely considering it.

Thanks a ton. Actually, I get 35 cents per download, but at the moment this isn't for the money. It is for exposure. If I get enough downloads then I have a much better chance of convincing a major publisher to take me on.

I myself have four indy books to read for people who bought mine before I can get back to reading Game of Thrones.

My Kindle Overfloweth
Missed this thread the first time around. Congrats on the writing, I hope your sales gain momentum.

Thanks MoTown. I hope so too. If it can grow to the point where I can quit my day job, life would be so much easier.

Writing the fourth book in the series is taking me longer than expected. With work and other responsibilities, I only have a few hours to write each night.

I would like to think that my characters have a philosophy and honor to portray, Justan's being mainly about hard work and a drive to fulfill ones dreams.

I don't really like comparing my writing to Lord of the Rings. My books are epic fantasy in scope but they read more like adventure novels. My focus is on character and action.

It may be hard to believe coming from the guy that wrote them, but I would consider them worth giving a try. I wrote the kind of story that I wanted to read. Maybe you'll like it too. Is 99 cents worth the gamble . . ?

you may be on to something here. . . . twentieth century writers were all about hopelessness and meaninglessness and absolute dissolution of "soul" and character. I have three avid readers of fiction in my family, I'll spread the word that a literary revolution is underway. . . .

For myself, I insist on a hard copy that can sit on my shelf and demand attention from visitors. . . . . I will get back to you when I have investigated this interesting concept in literature. . . .

Book four coming soon

Here is the cover for Book four: The War of Stardeon

Due out the second week of April

602053_466213210116857_926977385_n.jpg

I'm really excited. This is a BIG one.