What's new

Finally took the plunge and published my book

There is girl on mutant rat action.

inconceivable-1.jpg

No man, there are these mutant rats in this movie called "The Princess Bride", I meant them.

But I read the sample three chapters on the second day of your thread, that's why I emphasize that I will read it surely. It's no way inferior to the even the classics, as of the beginning. My exams are done, I'm just waiting to finish my college project to purchase it.

Sweet. And yes I am familiar with the ROUS's. They were the inspiration for the idea of moonrats, though the moonrats are actually quite different.

Here is the latest update for the Eye of the Moonrat cover. My brother is working on it. I think he has nailed the look of the moonrats.

Attachments

• moonrat2.jpg
    moonrat2.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I just downloaded the Kindle reader for PC and the book... half way thru chapter 1 and really like it so far.

Thanks! It is really hard to get anything published by a major publisher today. All they want is another Harry Potter or Twilight. Seriously go to your local bookstore or Sams Club or whatever. The shelves are dominated by tween vampire books.

By publishing it myself, the hope is to generate as many downloads and fans as possible to get the interest of a major publisher for the rest of the series. So far people are liking it and I am pretty stoked.

Edge, I was recently reading an annotated version of one of Brandon Sanderson's books. He said the key for him was to have a draft of a book that was good enough quality for him to find an AGENT, not a publisher. Then, the agent was able to shop around the book (or maybe it was a rewrite, or a different book) to different publishers. Since the agent had a relationship with the publishers already, he was able to convince them to take a look at Sanderson's book. You might want to think about doing something along those lines--shop for a good agent, rather than shop for a publisher at the next stage of your plan.

This is a wonderful tip, Edge, listen to this, I noted it already. Thanks colton.

Edge, I was recently reading an annotated version of one of Brandon Sanderson's books. He said the key for him was to have a draft of a book that was good enough quality for him to find an AGENT, not a publisher. Then, the agent was able to shop around the book (or maybe it was a rewrite, or a different book) to different publishers. Since the agent had a relationship with the publishers already, he was able to convince them to take a look at Sanderson's book. You might want to think about doing something along those lines--shop for a good agent, rather than shop for a publisher at the next stage of your plan.

That is a good suggestion, however the agents are just as hard to get through to as the publishers right now. I have sent query letters to over 40 agents and they send back the same form-letter post card rejections that publishers do. They have interns or assistants that go through the hundreds of submissions they get a month and they are told what the agent is looking for. If they see something that catches their attention, they forward it on to the agent.

Problem is that there is no way to know how far your submission got. Like I was saying above, you need to be writing the current hot topic to get passed through or have previously published work that shows you already have a following or most likely they cast it aside without reading an actual page of the manuscript.

My book has been updated and is now available in print on Create Space. The print version will show up on Amazon as well in the next few days!

https://www.createspace.com/3917143

It is all really exciting. The Kindle version price will not change though.

My own copies won't arrive until next Tuesday. I can't wait to open that box and pull out that book!

553263_355084254563087_33669373_n.jpg

Enbiggen the photo to see the full image. Just had the cover finalized a few days ago.