What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

Murray continuing what he's been doing...

23pts tonight (11th straight 20+ game - averaging 25/game)
5-9 from 3

only 16 3's from Curry's record..

Maybe that's a bad measurement?

Just for ****s and giggs, I looked at the standing reach for the better shooting guards in the league.

Wade: 8'6"
Harden: 8'7.5"
Derozan: 8'6.5"
Butler: 8'5.5"
Thompson: 8'7.5"
Wiggins: 8'11"
McCollum:8'0.5"

So he perhaps best compares to CJ. Food for thought. It's a legit concern. Does CJ blow on defense like Lillard does? That said, Exum, Hayward, Favors and Gobert are all above average. Hopefully Hood and Lyles improve...so having one shaky defender wouldn't be the end of the world.

Also, and I think you've mentioned this before Cy, but Murray's standing reach ws 8'4.5" in 2014...then 8'2.5" last year...weird...I wonder if lifting and becoming more muscualr can shorten this somehow?

Can he play the 1 in the NBA?

Not sure yet. He destroyed the U.S. playing for Canada and was playing PG. Scored 24pts in just 4Q and OT.

He needs to tighten his dribble just a bit and he could. I think he's somewhere between Curry and Thompson (not saying as good, just talking their games).

Not sure yet. He destroyed the U.S. playing for Canada and was playing PG. Scored 24pts in just 4Q and OT.

He needs to tighten his dribble just a bit and he could. I think he's somewhere between Curry and Thompson (not saying as good, just talking their games).

I think he can play both and should be the consensus #3 on draft boards. He'll rise big time.

Where do you have Newman?

Nowhere. I guess I would take him in the 2nd round if he declared, but he shouldn't at all. Dude does not look like a NBA player ATM.

I mean, he is a good 3pt shooter, Ill give him that. But that is about all he has right now.

It's like you're begging Stifle to make a "joke" about his balance here.

Must resist.....................................................

Must not give in .............................................

The agony, oh the humanity ............................

Wait, did I just say something about his humanity?

Lulz...
SEC tourney.

Line to get in.

Not held at Rupp Arena.

8460000e9a5676546c9c00b4190a09e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poetl is better than Murray by a mile.

Poetl is fine... Don't think he is better than anyone in the top 7 by a mile though. Give me the freshmen combo guard that asserts himself on the game and is a lights out shooter... You can have the big guy. I'm not sure the NBA has a scarcity of big men and not sure he influences the game enough defensively. I know that every team needs more shooting.

No doubt Simmons is an incredible talent.
No doubt he has plenty of red flags.

LSU didn't even show up to play TAMU today. They have 30 points after 3rd quarter.
Simmons with 5pts.
LSU 3 of their last 35...

So LSU and the consensus #1 player need to win today and tomorrow to make the NCAA tourney...
and they manage to score 38pts for the game.