What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

PG
You was right about Whitehead. I wasn't for sure at him at first but past 3 weeks he has made me a believer. Late first round this year but he could come back and have a Dunn like jump in his game and into lottery the following year... Leftys that can score are a good weapon to have, Total props to you since you was first on here raving about this kid.

Brisco reminds me of a former Bulldog, Santiago(spelling???) Gaines.. Anthony Johnson another former journeyman.. I think he is going to have to go to Dleague first and earn his call up.. Ullis im really excited about if he goes to a team like say The Warriors or the Spurs... They will get the most out of him as a bench player. Reminds me a shorter former spur point guard who was called THe General.

Brisco reminds me of a former Bulldog, Santiago(spelling???) Gaines.. Anthony Johnson another former journeyman.. I think he is going to have to go to Dleague first and earn his call up.. Ullis im really excited about if he goes to a team like say The Warriors or the Spurs... They will get the most out of him as a bench player. Reminds me a shorter former spur point guard who was called THe General.

Sundiata... and he played for the Jazz as well.

Murray doesn't play much defense, which is concerning because Cal is a great defensive coach. He also doesn't have the physical tools to be much of a defender either. Good offensive player, but just average athletically. I don't see very much upside with him.

I think Ullis, if he declares, is a guy you buy a late first for. Would be a great backup, and depending on Exum's development, they could play together.

I would also take Monte Morris over the healthy PG's on our roster.

I don't think Hield is much better than Valentine. Little better shooter, but Valentine is more versatile. Valentine isn't a great defender 1 vs 1, I'd say average, but he's a pretty good team defender which is very important in my book. I'd take Valentine over Hield I think.

Poetl is really good, but do Ellenson and Ranb fit better in today's NBA? Probably depends on the team. I like all three.

Skal is too big of s risk for me right now, but that could change.

Greyson Allen isn't much of an NBA player IMO, maybe he carves out a small role, but I don't see it. Too ball dominant, feasts on athletically limited players. Strictly catch and shoot guy in the NBA IMO.

Dunn should be good, but he won't get much time as a rookie bc of turnovers. Then again, Mudiay is playing a lot. Needs to improve his shot. Otherwise very well rounded and pretty dang good.

Luke Kornet would be an excellent late first as well.

Murray doesn't play much defense, which is concerning because Cal is a great defensive coach. He also doesn't have the physical tools to be much of a defender either. Good offensive player, but just average athletically. I don't see very much upside with him.

I think Ullis, if he declares, is a guy you buy a late first for. Would be a great backup, and depending on Exum's development, they could play together.

I would also take Monte Morris over the healthy PG's on our roster.

I don't think Hield is much better than Valentine. Little better shooter, but Valentine is more versatile. Valentine isn't a great defender 1 vs 1, I'd say average, but he's a pretty good team defender which is very important in my book. I'd take Valentine over Hield I think.

Poetl is really good, but do Ellenson and Ranb fit better in today's NBA? Probably depends on the team. I like all three.

Skal is too big of s risk for me right now, but that could change.

Greyson Allen isn't much of an NBA player IMO, maybe he carves out a small role, but I don't see it. Too ball dominant, feasts on athletically limited players. Strictly catch and shoot guy in the NBA IMO.

Dunn should be good, but he won't get much time as a rookie bc of turnovers. Then again, Mudiay is playing a lot. Needs to improve his shot. Otherwise very well rounded and pretty dang good.

Luke Kornet would be an excellent late first as well.

Really good post, Bern.

Is ullis an isiah Thomas (celtics version) type player?
Is that a good comp for him?

Personally, I don't think so. However I would use it as an example that a player of that size can be successful.

Thomas is an explosive offensive player, kinda meh on defense. Little bit of a chucker, but Stevens has improved that a lot.

Ullis is just a pure player. Give him 6" and he'd be a top 3 pick. Smartest player in college IMO, good defender even with his size limitations. Knows how to run an offense and can hit open shots, but isn't a great scorer IMO. Thomas is a starter/6th man, I don't think Ullis is.

Ullis is a rich man's Burke now that I think of it. Doesn't shoot as much, better vision and better defender. Ideal backup pg.
Sounds about right. He gonna get drafted before the jazz pick?

Ivan Rabb is a top ten pick and 10 years from now will be one of the 5 best in this class. I actually think he does better then college TeaMMATE Brown in the NBA and I think Brown is going be really good. Rabb just has that look and game where you think SPECIAL PLAYER.

Murray had an awful game. Worst in a long time.
He did hit the 3 dagger at the end and still scored 17, but he was bad.

Ulis with 30pts.

Isaiah Thomas is not a good comp.
Neither is Burke, really.
Ulis is one of the very best pure PG's (true coach, deadly shot, fantastic vision, and DOES NOT turn the ball over)... but he's just too small to ever be elite.
I'd take him in the 2nd all day because he'd be a great player for the team for backup, locker room, and chemistry.