What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

I'm sure you've noticed that Michigan has gotten nothing but support on this board. A little critical analysis never hurts.. but everyone, that I have seen, has been down with Blue.

I am. I want the Cardinals dead Monday night.

I guess we'll see in 2014

I guess we'll see next week.

Blue - I'm one of the biggest Michigan supporter here. But I don't see a way Robinson III can improve his draft stock by staying another year, given that:

- Burke who sets up a lot of his dunks will be gone
- Next year's draft will be loaded
- UK will have all the attention next year - up to 5 players in the top 10
- why would you want to risk injury?
- Remember when Fab 5 went back for 1 more year? It wasn't easy...

Michigan's rise this year has been unexpected and there is no better time to cash in on that.

Blue - I'm one of the biggest Michigan supporter here. But I don't see a way Robinson III can improve his draft stock by staying another year, given that:

Michigan's rise this year has been unexpected and there is no better time to cash in on that.

well done.

if the jazz draft the Greek freak they would have a giannis enes on the team!

Adonis Thomas in the second round is intriguing. although his game is very similar to Carroll already.

if the jazz draft the Greek freak they would have a giannis enes on the team!

Adonis Thomas in the second round is intriguing. although his game is very similar to Carroll already.

I don't like that comp.. but setting that aside, who in the 2nd round has a game that DOESN'T resemble someone already on our roster?

I could be wrong, but I got the feeling his draft stock has probably dropped a little because he hasn't gotten a lot of attention in the tourney. GRIII can be invisible at times out there because there is so much talent on the court. With Burke and Tim leaving that opens up some room for him to show more of his game. Robinson might be the only one that could really improve his status by staying, but that's just my opinion.

I can see why people are calling this draft weak. I'm hard pressed to think of more than one or two players who will really impact the league. I think Noel will. I think Smart could. Bennett could go either way. Porter is likely to be a good pro. I do think Burke will be a good pro due to his leadership, poise and the ability to make the right read, as well as shoot from range. He's not an All Star, but he could be a solid Damon Stoudamire-type pro. Norvel Pelle if he gets good coaching and development could be an impact player. Giannis Adetokunbo has the raw ability, but needs a lot of development physically and needs to learn the pro game. I still like McCollum as a versatile shooter and think he could be a solid scorer at the next level. I like Olynyk as a pick-and-roll / pick-and-pop player off the bench. McGary will be a decent rebounder -- my latest comp for him might be Josh McRoberts. Not real excited beyond that.

I could be wrong, but I got the feeling his draft stock has probably dropped a little because he hasn't gotten a lot of attention in the tourney. GRIII can be invisible at times out there because there is so much talent on the court. With Burke and Tim leaving that opens up some room for him to show more of his game. Robinson might be the only one that could really improve his status by staying, but that's just my opinion.

That's what I was just saying.. all of this is moot if he's not getting good vibes from teams picking him in the top, say, 20.. and that isn't a guarantee at this point, imo.

I can see why people are calling this draft weak. I'm hard pressed to think of more than one or two players who will really impact the league. I think Noel will. I think Smart could. Bennett could go either way. Porter is likely to be a good pro. I do think Burke will be a good pro due to his leadership, poise and the ability to make the right read, as well as shoot from range. He's not an All Star, but he could be a solid Damon Stoudamire-type pro. Norvel Pelle if he gets good coaching and development could be an impact player. Giannis Adetokunbo has the raw ability, but needs a lot of development physically and needs to learn the pro game. I still like McCollum as a versatile shooter and think he could be a solid scorer at the next level. I like Olynyk as a pick-and-roll / pick-and-pop player off the bench. McGary will be a decent rebounder -- my latest comp for him might be Josh McRoberts. Not real excited beyond that.

There will be a few very good players, no doubt.. but there are ZERO, imo, that are 'can't miss' guys..

The GRIII camp will have to do some work after the tourney to gauge interests and see where he could go. Currently DX has him at #19, Chad Ford has him at #14. If they eventually beat the Cards - who knows?

Then you've got to ask yourself "Can I do much better than #14 in next year's draft?" That's the reward part. The risks are also there as I've outlined above: injury, team performance, personal improvements, etc.

I remembered Perry Jones III was a lock as a top 5 pick in 2011, before he pulled out and eventually landed at #29 the year after. Ouch!