What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

McGary looks like he could be a mid first-rounder, in part because he's 6'10". His game is pretty limited, but he's tough and has a good IQ. Yeah, maybe you could compare him to David Lee. I was also thinking that he plays a Tyler Hansbrough kind of role, but he's a tad bigger and seems a bit more versatile. He'll probably end up a back-up PF in the NBA.

Racist post

Picture Jeremy Evans with a tad less hops, but a solid dribble and passing game, as well as the ability to finish with either hand, plus shooting range out to international 3-pt range as an 18 year-old. My biggest concern is that he'll keep growing and have to play PF.

Giannis has very average, if not below average, explosive athletic ability. Tad less hops than Evans is an understatement.

I don't think you can judge him by this game alone. He had been pretty good in this tournament if you go back and look at his previous 2 games.

This might actually help us a bit if he slides.

Nah, but you can judge his 39% shooting percentage over the whole ****ing season, combined with 30% 3pt shooting.

Kelly > McGary FOR SURE.

McGary is a great college big, but lacks the skill and athleticism to be worth a lottery pick in the NBA draft.

Think about it-- a lot of his game predicates on his timing, and rebounding skills vs. college bigs. He won't get nearly as many offensive rebounds in the NBA.

Not to mention his 45% FT shooting in the tourney. His hands are probably his best attribute.

Uhh, rebounding is the one skill that is directly translatable from college to the NBA. McGary will still be a great rebounder. The thing I like most about him is that you can just tell he has a natural feel for the game. He isn't very skilled at this point, but I can easily see that changing in a few years given his soft hands and natural IQ.

If I was McGary I would probably stay in school. He could be a lottery pick next year IMO.

Please shut-up about how next year's draft is loaded. Yes, it has star talent, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see more long term NBA players come from this draft.

Giannis has very average, if not below average, explosive athletic ability. Tad less hops than Evans is an understatement.

The Greek Freak also grew three inches in the last year. I'm sure he is still trying to figure out things. I actually expect him to become even more athletic than he is now.

This draft is driving me insane.

My desires of this morning

Draft Burke, MCW, McCollum (in that order)

Then it gets complicated for me looking at BPA at the SF or Big. I think this draft has a lot of talent in the big category.

honestly at 14 or 17 where we will be drafting what group would you rather draft from? (if the top 4 pg are gone)

GR3, Franklin, Saric, Caldwell-Pope, Goodwin, Crabbe, Greek Freak VS Zeller, Len, McGary, Plumlee, Olynyk, Withey, gobert, Austin, Dieng, Adams, McAdoo

right now i am leaning towards taking a big first if the top 4 PG are gone

honestly at 14 or 17 where we will be drafting what group would you rather draft from? (if the top 4 pg are gone)

GR3, Franklin, Saric, Caldwell-Pope, Goodwin, Crabbe, Greek Freak VS Zeller, Len, McGary, Plumlee, Olynyk, Withey, gobert, Austin, Dieng, Adams, McAdoo

right now i am leaning towards taking a big first if the top 4 PG are gone

I'm still at BPA.

I will also add that the Greek Freak has that complete bust or complete steal look to him. In this draft it wouldn't hurt to swing for the fences and miss.

The Greek Freak also grew three inches in the last year. I'm sure he is still trying to figure out things. I actually expect him to become even more athletic than he is now.

Yes, he should become more fluid when he grows into his body, but I doubt he will ever be considered explosive.

as far as drafting BPA in this draft it is very hard to judge. this draft is very deep in bigs. this draft unlike drafts before teams will draft for needs first. word is that most teams agree that they are looking for rotational players before game changers.