What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

Wait, im confused.

Mccollum is always lumped in with burke and mcw and smart in discussions, and when i watch his highlight video it seems that he is playing point guard.... i have also seen another poster compare him to a poor mans steph curry.
All these things point to mccollum being a point guard yet you say dont draft him cause we dont need a SG?

What is he? Shooting guard or point guard?

(i like what i have seen of him btw and would we happy if we end up with him)

DX lists him as PG/SG. I believe he played PG for his team? Correct me if I'm wrong. He averaged 2.9 assists and 2.7 TO's.

I guess you can call him a combo guard?

DX lists him as PG/SG. I believe he played PG for his team? Correct me if I'm wrong. He averaged 2.9 assists and 2.7 TO's.

I guess you can call him a combo guard?

Good answer... repped.

I still like him btw

Something you must also take into consideration is CJ played for Lehigh .. NOT a good team. Their best offensive weapon, by far, was McCollum. He probably could have had much better assist numbers if he played on a better team.

Combo guards usually don't work out unless they are elite level athletes.

That's really my main concern with McCollum for our team.

OK you can point to scorers like Steph Curry and Lillard as examples of guys who are able to play PG in the NBA. But you do need a good handle and can pass the ball.

Lillard averaged 4 assists and Curry averaged 5.6 assists in their last year of college respectively - so you can look at that have have some comfort as to their projection as a PG in the NBA. Also Lillard is quick and he can move, question whether McCollum has that quickness to play the PG.

Something you must also take into consideration is CJ played for Lehigh .. NOT a good team. Their best offensive weapon, by far, was McCollum. He probably could have had much better assist numbers if he played on a better team.

I know, his teammates were like the equivalent of Robert Morris's whole team.

True..

Your mom did the Robert Morris team... and gave them STDs.

There is a team in Kentucky that lost to Robert Morris. There is a team in Kentucky that's in the NCAA Championship game. These teams are not the same team. Can you solve the riddle as too which teams we are talking about?

How do you compare CJ to Lillard's athletic ability and shooting ability?

There is a team in Kentucky that lost to Robert Morris. There is a team in Kentucky that's in the NCAA Championship game. These teams are not the same team. Can you solve the riddle as too which teams we are talking about?

Somebody had to win during Kentucky's bridge year (between national championships)...

Let someone else enjoy the year, like your mom enjoyed the dudes of Robert Morris.

Ok, I should've included elite level shooting. We need a pg. Don't need a Terry clone, and most want Mo gone after the year. This is why I'm not as fond of McCollum as others, but if he's best on the board I'd reluctantly draft him.

Yeah If I'm Portland, I'd take McCollum over MCW and play him next to Lillard. But we desperately need a pass first PG.

Unless we want to bring back the Motown crew (Mo, Tin, Earl)

Ugh... just the thought of that...