What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

He's 6'7" I think, same frame as Mikal Bridges.

I like Mikal but outside of spot up shooting and defense what does he do.

I like KBD too... that wingspan is something else. If I told you KBD was as good as Mikal in 5 years is that shocking.

This draft has a lot of interesting guys from 15-40 but none that jump out at me and say “that’s the guy”. I will be happy with whatever DL does.

I like KBD too... that wingspan is something else. If I told you KBD was as good as Mikal in 5 years is that shocking.

This draft has a lot of interesting guys from 15-40 but none that jump out at me and say “that’s the guy”. I will be happy with whatever DL does.
Overall, I agree with this. Jazz seemto be great at getting value with their later picks. I’m hoping for a high upside guy with the same type of drive and mentality as Mitchell and Gobert. Get a guy with great physical abilities, a high basketball IQ, that is willing to be selfless and has a great work ethic. I have a lot of faith in the coaching staff to develop a guy with those types of attributes.

Jalen McDaniels has a youbger brother named Jaden who looks to have immense/lotto potential ina few years, both have very long arms.

Wenyen Gabriel would fit in nicely

Brian Bowen could be a good fit in this offense.

A few guys near our range really stand out to me as having value in the NBA. I guess I'm hoping one or more will be available for the Jazz:

** Zhaire Smith has out-of-the-gym athleticism and a good wingspan. If Jazz coaches think they can teach him to shoot and handle a bit (like they seem to be doing with Royce O'Neale), then I think he's a starter. He's also young enough to grow another inch or two. Give him those inches and some strength and he could develop into a real two-way force, even though he's not likely to play much on the ball. He's already pretty good around the rim. He's likely to get buzz at the Combine when his measurements and vertical come out.

** Mitchell Robinson is a freak at 7'1" with great length and a quick first and second jump. He should be an elite rim protector. He might even be able to shoot a bit. Even though he's a center, he'd be difficult to pass on if he's there for the Jazz. The Jazz could then move Bradley. It's fine to keep developing a unique big who is 5 or 6 years younger than Rudy.

** Jontay Porter is a unique 18 year-old, 6'10+" guy who can really shoot and really pass the ball. If he'll rebound and not get killed on defense, then he stands out as a valuable rotation player. The question is athleticism and motor. Can he play at a fast pace and really run the floor, or is the modern game passing him by?

** Troy Brown has some real toughness and moves well in a deep defensive stance at 6'7" with a 6'11" wingspan. His handle, passing and potential to improve his shooting give him unique potential as a strong wing who can play with the ball in his hands. Again, as a 19 year-old he has potential to grow another inch or so.

Anyone of those guys would be solid picks in my book. I'd generally have them ranked above Keita Bates-Diop, primarily due to youth, athleticism and upside, but I can it see if the Jazz like KBD and think he can continue to develop.

Lonnie Walker working on his dribble game. I'd be surprised if he falls past 15 or 16. He most likely goes late lottery.

Last edited:
Kevin Knox workout. He probably goes 13 - 17 range.

Kevin Knox workout. He probably goes 13 - 17 range.

After seeing that the Jazz will work out Jalen McDaniels & Wenyen Gabriel. It’s clear the organisation is looking for a stretch 4 & versatile defender.

I think McDaniels has better instincts & is a smoother athlete but Knox’s potential in a Jazz uniform is sky high. Knox needs to buy into a system & be coached by coaches who will make him take pride in his game, whilst understanding his strengths & weaknesses. Knox can be a player who makes a statistical impact in every category whilst being a constant mismatch.

Knox isn’t great in any one area but he does almost everything well. I think the Jazz should move for him & utilise the depth of this draft by taking another prospect that can contribute immediately. Even if it’s just as a consistent role player. There are some intriguing wings in this draft.

Knox reminds me of Louisville Donovan Mitchell in the sense that he gets to decent spots on the floor but doesn’t finish consistently & often looks lost or out of control. If the Jazz can tidy up his game they could have a Combo forward who can do everything well.

Obviously I trust DL, but I hope Knox attitude etc ticks the necessary boxes & the Jazz trade for him.

Last edited:
Jalen McDaniels has a youbger brother named Jaden who looks to have immense/lotto potential ina few years, both have very long arms.

Wenyen Gabriel would fit in nicely

Brian Bowen could be a good fit in this offense.

Bowen could end up being a steal or could be a bust. No one knows. Tearing up High School comp doesn't impress me. Simmons is same. Lots of faith in drafting one of those guys who didn't play in college. Mitchell Robinson another bust or boom pick

After seeing that the Jazz will work out Jalen McDaniels & Wenyen Gabriel. It’s clear the organisation is looking for a stretch 4 & versatile defender.

I think McDaniels has better instincts & is a smoother athlete but Knox’s potential in a Jazz uniform is sky high. Knox needs to buy into a system & be coached by coaches who will make him take pride in his game, whilst understanding his strengths & weaknesses. Knox can be a player who makes a statistical impact in every category whilst being a constant mismatch.

Knox isn’t great in any one area but he does almost everything well. I think the Jazz should move for him & utilise the depth of this draft by taking another prospect that can contribute immediately. Even if it’s just as a consistent role player. There are some intriguing wings in this draft.

Knox reminds me of Louisville Donovan Mitchell in the sense that he gets to decent spots on the floor but doesn’t finish consistently & often looks lost or out of control. If the Jazz can tidy up his game they could have a Combo forward who can do everything well.

Obviously I trust DL, but I hope Knox attitude etc ticks the necessary boxes & the Jazz trade for him.

well I really hope Jazz draft Knox becausenthey are only staff who can coach players up to their potential.rolls eyes. Love how y'all given them so much credit but no blame for players like T.B and TLyles?

Knox should shoot the ball pretty well. His ambivalence towards defense and rebounding are a problem if that doesn't change. He can create a bit with a loose dribble. He developed quite a bit in the last year. He's okay.

I don't think he's worth moving up for. I don't think he's a difference maker at the 4. I'm higher on Zhaire Smith, both Bridges, SGA and Walker too.