What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

Why did Cole Anthony choose UNC? Did he just really want to play for Williams? Did he know they were gonna suck and he thought he could lead them to a successful season singlehandedly? Wonder how his draft stock would look if he chose a better situation.
did he know they were gonna suck? absolutely not... lots of underperfomers on that team... coach deserves PLENTY of blame too. He looked senile out there at times imo, like he was throwing his players out to the wolves.

Anthony probably thought in his mind he went to UNC as a bit of a pair with bigman Armando Bacot, who to me looked bad last season, he looked small out there listed at 6'10 but idk if he's really that tall, plus he's a rebounding big and shot like 45% from the field...

Sterling Manley would've been huge for that team but he had surgery on his knee in decemeber and missed the season.. That is one of the true tragedies of the season, and it kinda gets swept under the rug. The one 3-star kid they have who was a major recruiting pull is injured in the season they need him the most.

I recall really not liking many of roy's coaching decisions when watching UNC this year... Way too much Garrison Brooks featured, which was really a very ****** band-aid solution.

Lots of disaters... Leaky black shot 25% from 3... Cole was the captain of a sinking ship, no doubt about it...

UNC's super duper bigtime PG recruit next year, Caleb Love, will have a MUCH smoother showcase, there will be MUCH more of a team surrounding him tho. They have a 7-footer incoming named Walker KEssler too whos really gonna help things.

Seems like McDaniels has been rising lately. In Vecenie's latest mock, he said people around the league would be surprised if he makes it past 20.

From what I have read/heard, my guess is the Jazz's preference for tonight is:
1. Have Saddiq Bey fall far enough that they could trade up for him
2. Josh Green
3. Jaden McDaniels
4. Desmond Bane

How many tiers is Saddiq Bey above Woodard? I think I see more Tobias Harris in Bey's game than Woodard. Bey's 3 point shot looks like it is more likely to translate. But I suppose if the Jazz love Bey, I could see them liking Woodard

538 is really enthused with Saddiq Bey, Aaron Nesmith, and Devin Vassell. All out of our range presumably. Still, who knows what happens today...

i am ready for the draft. Right now i wish the Jazz had 4 picks because I like a lot of guys and our bench sucks and then I realize that most likely our pick is going to struggle to get minutes and within a game or two Jazz nation will have a new whipping boy. I just hope we can get a bench guy who makes our bench better and has some length and nba athleticism.

How many tiers is Saddiq Bey above Woodard? I think I see more Tobias Harris in Bey's game than Woodard. Bey's 3 point shot looks like it is more likely to translate. But I suppose if the Jazz love Bey, I could see them liking Woodard
about 2... Bey has a solid chance at landing in the lottery... For me personally I have Bey over Isaac Okoro... Which is unpopular but hey, I prefer shooters in this day and age.

I'd really be SHOCKED... high-key shocked, if Tyler Bey is a better 3pt shooter from NBA range than Robert Woodard, in fact I'd say if thats the case Bey is way underrated and should be comfortably projected inside of the top20

Last edited:
538 is really enthused with Saddiq Bey, Aaron Nesmith, and Devin Vassell. All out of our range presumably. Still, who knows what happens today...
Well if Bey does make it out of the lottery one potential landing spot, Portland, might have changed its team needs away from a player like at his position with the acquisition of Robert Covington.

Wow! This is a great trade. I love it. In such a crapshoot of a draft picking up another top 40 pick for drop of just 4 places is great. Nice. Now Woodard makes even more sense, since 23 seemed a bit too high for him.

On the other hand... isn't it a bit weird that NYK are doing that trade before the draft and before knowing whether the guy they want is going to be there? This seems like somewhat of an erratic move for them.

Wow! This is a great trade. I love it. In such a crapshoot of a draft picking up another top 40 pick for drop of just 4 places is great. Nice. Now Woodard makes even more sense, since 23 seemed a bit too high for him.

On the other hand... isn't it a bit weird that NYK are doing that trade before the draft and before knowing whether the guy they want is going to be there? This seems like somewhat of an erratic move for them.
They could combine 23 with 8 and move up a few spots or trade for someone. Dumb if they draft at 23.

Well okay, now the Jazz can talk about Tyler Bey and Robert Woodard. They must have felt that McDaniels and Green would be gone, and they must've thought the price to trade up was too high.

At #27: Bey, Flynn, Bolmaro, Nnaji, Woodard, ?? Personally, I'd look at Paul Reed here.
At #38: Nwora, Perry, Reed, Pritchard, Scrubb, .... maybe Cy's guy from NV

A Tyler Bey / Jordan Nwora draft or Zeke Nnaji / Peyton Pritchard draft would be strong.

Last edited:
They could combine 23 with 8 and move up a few spots or trade for someone. Dumb if they draft at 23.
Yeah... I don't know what they are thinking... Isn't 23 about the same value as 27 when you are trading up ? I wouldn't consider it that much of a difference if i'm one of the teams in the top 5-6...