What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

Robert Woodard serves as solid middleground for those who like Bey but are concerned he doesnt add enough offense.

Woodard is plenty explosive he's just not quite on the level of Bey, but he is a much better 3pt shooter.

From what I've seen (which isn't that much) the 6'7" Bey mostly operates from the low and high post. He doesn't pass from there though (1.5 apg), which might make him hard to fit into an NBA offensive scheme.

Why are people here going crazy about Tyler Bey? I love his effort level. But it is SO hard to put a wing-sized big who has no offensive skill on the floor. He can't shoot, pass, handle, create with the ball in his hands. How is he gonna stay on the floor?

Look at how MKG fits in the current NBA. Or Roberson.

Taking wing sized players who do not have wing skills is just not a good move in general.

That's why I'm lower on Bey, Bey and Woodard than most.

I see a lot of discussion here about Tyler Bey, but none about the progression he's made in college. In fact y'all are sitting here talking basically like he made no progress the past few years whatsoever. the strengths and weaknesses you guys are hung up on are the same ones he had years ago --- so I have to ask --- do you think he's made little progress the past few years?

I've been tracking this story for years... Is it really the open and shut case that some are making it out to be here? Is he really even undersized? I say no, I say he plays 2" taller than his listed height and will continue to do so in the NBA (and for damn sure if he lands in Utah because of Rudy..)

The idea that because a player was positioned somewhere on the floor in college, thats where they're bound to be positioned in the NBA is false and actually it's more false than it's ever been.. Teams need their NBA guys to play in the frontcourt often or they'll get ran over.

Last edited:
Like what in the **** is the coach at Colorado supposed to do? Tyler Bey is far and away their best rebounder on the team.. The coach is supposed to play him at PG all for the sake of showcasing his NBA offensive perimeter skill, while completely forsaking the rest of his team in the process??

ls9suhwblxjktzq2i5r9

this picture of Obi Toppin back in his recruitment days made me laugh. You see, these players are all at different stages of development! Some go thru radical changes in the matter of a year!

Thats why this whole exercise that the media has made of trying to simplify and condense this draft watching information in easily digestible articles for those of you who dont watch the games is an excercise in absurdity and watering down the product.... The only thing it usually ends up doing other than drive traffic or whatever is the writer of said simplicities gets to demonstrate their bias or lack of comprehension or most imporantly and most constantly their lack of context (are these people really even watching the games?! some of the stuff i see makes me wonder..)

Taking wing sized players who do not have wing skills is just not a good move in general.

Both guys are big enough to play the 4 full time. Both are more disruptive than MKG and project to be better shooters. Roberson would still be a good rotational piece if he was healthy.

Why are people here going crazy about Tyler Bey? I love his effort level. But it is SO hard to put a wing-sized big who has no offensive skill on the floor. He can't shoot, pass, handle, create with the ball in his hands. How is he gonna stay on the floor?

Look at how MKG fits in the current NBA. Or Roberson.
Yeah, Roberson was great before his injuries.

Bey has above the rim athletic ability too. So he can dunk.

And Bey is a much better shooter than either of those two guys and doesnt have broken mechanics.

And Bey is 6'6 with a 7'1 wingspan and weighs above 220, so he is legit 4 size.

All those dudes have legit 4 size though, especially Woodard.

And what are wing skills? Saddiq Bey definitely has wing skills. Woodard can shoot. Bey is probably the least skilled, but he isnt completely skill-less. These dudes might not have guard skills, but none of them are completely devoid of any ability.

Yeah, Roberson was great before his injuries.

Bey has above the rim athletic ability too. So he can dunk.

And Bey is a much better shooter than either of those two guys and doesnt have broken mechanics.

And Bey is 6'6 with a 7'1 wingspan and weighs above 220, so he is legit 4 size.
Healthy pre-injury Roberson would have been a valuable addition to our playoff rotation... even with his broke *** jumper.

It's true.. His teammate and possible 1st rder Isaiah Stewart is 6'9" and McDaniels is about an inch taller than him.
what do you think about Isaiah Stewart? I read an article and he seemed like a guy the Jazz would be interested. High motor athlete, good defender and can rebound some. I have seen him play so I would appreciate your comments about him.

I think Bey has more wing skills than you may be giving him credit for. He's not going to create off the dribble much, but he has 3D potential, can move the ball, can attack closeouts, etc. He just played in the high post and off of cuts at Colorado. With the Jazz, he'd be a complementary, low-usage player. His role would be like a Jerami Grant.

He's not a star or anything, but he's an NBA athlete, versatile defender, and adequate rotation player. I think he'd be a pretty safe, slightly conservative pick for the Jazz in the 20s--someone they know can play a role and can probably start contributing by the end of his rookie season. His athleticism and length probably give him some upside.

i'm far less concerned with players who has athletic ability but lacks skills than players with some skills but lacks size/athleticism. Coach can teach skills, but they can't teach height/athleticism.

I think he is likely gone before we pick. I'd like to see us draft Bey, Woodard, or maybe Jalen Smith.

Bey is kind of exactly what we need. Could see him snatching the Niang minutes from day one.
Jalen Smith is nice and has improved every year at Maryland. He reminds me of a bigger Millsap. Speaking of Millsap wow what a game he had tonight. Morris told him to go pack his bags and go home and he got MAD

There are two Bey’s?

****, I’m reading this whole page all wrong.
Tyler Bey from Colorado
Sadikk Bey villanova
Might of misspelled the 2nd one both both wings. Tyler is better defender but not by much but SBey shot is better. Both should be solid nba players