Game #11: Nets at Jazz, Saturday 01/14/2012 7:00 MST

Nate505

Modstapo Lite
Staff member
The New Jersey/Brooklyn Nets

(probable starting lineup)

Deron Williams

Chris-Paul-Deron-Williams.jpg

(ahh, the memories of the way things were)

Anthony Morrow

morrowhopetr0.jpg

Damion James

damion-jones-hat.jpg

Kris Humphries

kim-kardashian-kris-humphries-294ss1-012411.jpg

Mehmet Okur

nba_g_okur_395.jpg

vs.

Our Utah Jazz

i_hate_la_tshirt-p235376066134316927zxoe7_400.jpg

Misc. Notes:

The Nets were just crushed by the Nugs last night, though the final score was closer than the game was.
The Nets are now 2-9, and will have played in Phoneix on Friday while the Jazz get a cool 2 days in a row of rest
The Jazzman formerly known as Deron Williams leads the team with 17 and 7.7 dimes a game.
And as the Utah broadcast has told you ad nauseum, the Nets are loaded with all sorts of ex-Jazz players (Deron, Memo, Deshawn Stevenson, Sundiata Gaines, and the ex Mr. Kardsashian)

Here's the Gameplan:

Jazz: Simply destroy the Nets. Make Deron cry.

Fanz: Be classy. Make him feel warm for a minute before the cold reality that he plays on a simply dreadful team in a dire situation sets in.

Aaand... BREAK!

Here's the Gameplan:

Jazz: Simply destroy the Nets. Make Deron cry.

Fanz: Be classy. Make him feel warm for a minute before the cold reality that he plays on a simply dreadful team in a dire situation sets in.

Aaand... BREAK!

Yeah that is going to happen. Utah fans are notoriously mean and vicious

I say cheer for the New Jersey Jazz until tip off. Then let the boo birds out in full force.

Memo and Deron should get standing ovations. They did a TON for this team and helping us fans get over John and Kawl.

I'd like to see a standing O for Memo and a scattering of applause for Stevenson, Humphries, and Sundiata. I hope there is some good applause for Deron, but everyone should boo Torrey Ellis.

I'm watching the Bronco game live and DVRing this game to watch afterwards so I will be completely unplugged from the world.

I will not cheer for any former jazz player! I will boo them to hell! They are the enemy. They play for the nets. I don't want any of those losers to feel good about themselves. I want them to feel the full effect of being in NBA Hell. I want them to realize how good they had it here, and how bad they have it now. I once lived their in New Jersey. It's a hell hole.

I will not cheer for any former jazz player! I will boo them to hell! They are the enemy. They play for the nets. I don't want any of those losers to feel good about themselves. I want them to feel the full effect of being in NBA Hell. I want them to realize how good they had it here, and how bad they have it now. I once lived their in New Jersey. It's a hell hole.

I disagree. I hope most of them have increadible careers and I wish them the best of luck except when they play the jazz. I have no hard feelings for Brewer, Memo, Korver, Matthews, DWill...

Memo and Deron should get standing ovations. They did a TON for this team and helping us fans get over John and Kawl.

I wouldn't quite go as far as to say standing ovations. But if I were at the game tonight I would cheer for both of them--before the game, that is, not during the game.

I'd give Memo a standing O. I can't think of any former Jazz man that I would do that for other than him, however.

I'd like to see a standing O for Memo and a scattering of applause for Stevenson, Humphries, and Sundiata. I hope there is some good applause for Deron, but everyone should boo Torrey Ellis.

I've been watching The Nets here and there. I've been getting a kick out of watching Kris Humpheries getting boo'ed everytime he touches the ball every where he goes.

But remember, Deron didn't ask to be traded. He loved it here and wanted to stay. He loved his coaches and his teamates, and all the moves KOC was making. In fact it was all sunshine and roses until Larry died and machunating Mama got a hold of the franchise.

It was the evil owner/managment that sent Deron, and Okur away to the New Jersey waste land. And didn't even care to ask the players opinions first. Don't you know how hard it is to be pro-athlete? How would you feel if your boss called you one day and said "You just got traded to a Wal-Mart in New Jersey". You'd probably cry. Never mind the differnce in pay, it is irrelavant. So then you come back to visit your buddies at the Layton Wal-Mart and they boo you? Man that is not cool. ***

***Portions of this post may contain sarcasm.

Reactions: kwb