What's new

Game #11: Nets at Jazz, Saturday 01/14/2012 7:00 MST

I'd be stunned to hear Memo getting boos. I didn't hear people booing Wes when he came back.

Give Deron a quick ovation and then forget all semblance of him being a Jazz man. I want this team to take out their anger on losing to the Lakers by blowing out the Nets.

More potential signage:
"DWill: Do us a Favor(s) and Sign with us next year!! PS. And there's no more HOF Coach to hold you back."

I just hope that Memo, Dwill, Harris and Favors all get up for this game to get back at their old team and give me a great game to watch.

I just hope that Memo, Dwill, Harris and Favors all get up for this game to get back at their old team and give me a great game to watch.

I love Deron and Memo, but I hope they get too up for the game and miss every shot they take. They can get their mojo back the next game.

On the flip side, though, I don't want to suffer through 10,000 posts about Deron being all washed up, either. But I'll live with that if we get a nice easy win out of this.

You do realize that had Memo and Deron had it there way, they'd still be in Utah, right? I can understand the idiotic rationalization of why fans would boo Deron, but anyone that boos Memo I consider to be lacking a chromosome.
If what you say is true and Deron wanted to stay the Jazz never would've been traded. I'm a fan of the Jazz not players. Once they leave they no longer register with me. Why in the hell do I have to cheer for them. I don't owe them anything. They are employees of a company I was a customer, nothing more nothing less. After the way Deron acted last year, I've lost all respect. Sloan gave Deron all the freedom and allowed Deron to be completely unleashed. Deron stoped giving a full effort, he checked out of Utah long before his *** was traded! If I have to be googgly eyed star struck lovey dovey over some former player that helped to run off a hall of fame coach, I'm glad I'm missing a chromosome or two. Why am I supposed to cheer Deron and memo?

If what you say is true and Deron wanted to stay the Jazz never would've been traded. I'm a fan of the Jazz not players. Once they leave they no longer register with me. Why in the hell do I have to cheer for them. I don't owe them anything. They are employees of a company I was a customer, nothing more nothing less. After the way Deron acted last year, I've lost all respect. Sloan gave Deron all the freedom and allowed Deron to be completely unleashed. Deron stoped giving a full effort, he checked out of Utah long before his *** was traded! If I have to be googgly eyed star struck lovey dovey over some former player that helped to run off a hall of fame coach, I'm glad I'm missing a chromosome or two. Why am I supposed to cheer Deron and memo?

It's not the fact that he didn't want to stay, it's the fact the Jazz didn't want to be held hostage and get screwed in the event he went some where else. The Jazz knew they couldn't surround him with talent and their only choice was to deal him to get something back. Deron didn't run Sloan out. Sloan ran himself out and people should be pissed that he at least didn't finish out the season. He's dealt with far worse players than Deron and gave up. Plain and simple.

'cause it's smarter than booing them. Go read "how to win friends and influence people."
#1. I have lots of friends

#2 why do I have to cheer for Deron to influence people? I'm a very brutally honest person, and not scared to speak my mind. People always know where they stand with me. That's what influences people. I don't like the way Deron conducted himself as the leader and star of the team. I just got done listening to DJ and PK do an interview with the Nets announcer. The announcer said the coaching staff had to personally address Derons on court body language and attitude with Deron. He is a talented player but does that sound like a leader to you?

Just because I choose to boo Deron doesn't mean I'm a social recuse. Me booing Deron doesnt make me a bad person, it's me expressing how I feel

It's not the fact that he didn't want to stay, it's the fact the Jazz didn't want to be held hostage and get screwed in the event he went some where else.
If deron wanted to stay, the Jazz wouldn't have traded Deron because they wouldn't have been worried about being held hostage.

I don't like the way Deron conducted himself as the leader and star of the team. I just got done listening to DJ and PK do an interview with the Nets announcer. The announcer said the coaching staff had to personally address Derons on court body language and attitude with Deron. He is a talented player but does that sound like a leader to you?

This is the issue I've always raised with the "Deron really, really wants to win crowd". Wanting to win is great but how you go about expressing it can sometimes be a detriment to the rest of your team - whether it be whipping the ball at a player like Hayward because he's cutting plays or showing up a player like Matthews because he's not shooting when you're trying to pad your assists stats.

If deron wanted to stay, the Jazz wouldn't have traded Deron because they wouldn't have been worried about being held hostage.

This was the exact same thought process as Cleveland. How did that turn out for them? Like some one said, or maybe it was you. Actually it was. It's a business. The Jazz played a business game and dealt him. Didn't mean he didn't want to stay. They did what they thought was best for the Jazz. Booing Deron for that makes complete sense on your part.

#1. I have lots of friends

#2 why do I have to cheer for Deron to influence people? I'm a very brutally honest person, and not scared to speak my mind. People always know where they stand with me. That's what influences people. I don't like the way Deron conducted himself as the leader and star of the team. I just got done listening to DJ and PK do an interview with the Nets announcer. The announcer said the coaching staff had to personally address Derons on court body language and attitude with Deron. He is a talented player but does that sound like a leader to you?

Just because I choose to boo Deron doesn't mean I'm a social recuse. Me booing Deron doesnt make me a bad person, it's me expressing how I feel

Ahh yes, the "brutally honest," or "real," or "people who like to tell it like it is." You sound like my sister. They think "being real" and "honest" is an excuse for having zero social etiquette and tact.

You dont have to cheer Deron, but boooing him is classless. The guy may have had some attitude towards the end, but it may have been justified. Alot of his complaints I agree with. The team should have watched film. They should have changed to force baseline. The team should have been more agressive in trades. Jerry wasnt a perfect coach. Deron was just frustrated with the insanity of trying the same thing over and over. And I agree with him.

The guy gave us all a lot fun memories. And he was tough as nails. He chose to play through injuries that he could have just sat out. And he did that for the good of the team

Deron 100 percent deserves to hear an initial standing ovation for everything he gave this team.