What's new

Game Of Thrones

So time travel is thee laziest concept in writing. The recent Avengers movie depended on it.

I see this episode being similar, not with time travel, but with an army of Dragons, or at least a few more anyway, joining the one living one, to kick Euron’s *** and even things out. Sort of cheesy imo but based on the preview where Euron appears scared *****ess looking at the sky, and knowing the one dragon disappeared for a couple seasons, I fully expect we find out it was gone raising baby dragons and now, conveniently, they appear to save the day.

Weak.
I think time travel can be done well, but when it's just the deus ex machina then it's usually crap. Avengers made it work because they had been building to it for several movies, so it wasn't just a pull-it-out-of-your-*** concept, although they did screw up the continuity it was still pretty well done. There is a movie I really liked called time lapse that was a pretty good time travel concept, a different way to look at it.

But generally yes, used as a trope time travel is lazy writing.

The big rule that grrm built his world by they are slowly breaking, and that is he said that magic can be the cause of problems in the narrative but can never be the absolute solution.

I'm looking forward to this episode. I hope there's some good battle strategy and the dragon queen stops walking into ambushes.

So much to unpack.

If you’re reading this still spoilers are on you. Dumbass

Wow 5, 6?, major character deaths.

1. Maise has a major fan

2. Dany’s turn to evil Queen deserves a season or two

My final prediction:

Arya kills Dany and Jon kills Grey Worm. Jon assumes the iron throne, Sansa is warden in the north, Bran an advisor and Arya his hand.

So much to unpack.

1. Maise has a major fan

My final prediction:

Arya kills Dany and Jon kills Grey Worm. Jon assumes the iron throne, Sansa is warden in the north, Bran an advisor and Arya his hand.

what time zone are you in?

I enjoyed it. I feel like if you read the spoilers and watch it just so you can circlejerk over how much you can **** on it you will leave hating it. My expectations have been adjusted pretty low for a couple seasons now so I am just enjoying the ride.

So much to unpack.

1. Maise has a major fan

My final prediction:

Yep. Pretty much this.

I like the part where Drogon's fire received an overnight +10 fire, +10 explosive fire, +10 dodging, +10 wall breaking, +10 horse noises, +10 stamina, +10 invincibility, +10 backdraft ability.

The dude playing with some up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, select, start type cheat codes.

I didn't think it was possible to ruin a great series in the eighth season but.... gawd damn it.

Last edited:
Cersei's and Jamie's death were so anti climatic.

Jamie's character's progression was all for naught.

Cersei's death could have been on of the most memorable moments in the series, but the totally ****ed that up.

The Hound's death was predictable and ruined as well. He's probably my favorite character in the series. **** the queen.

The show is so rushed and trying to make too much happen. It's like trying to put a clown car up a clown's *** instead of getting away with putting lots of clowns in a small car.

Well, I expected that battle to be much closer than it was, I have to say. I get that Danerys wanted to route Cersei's army, but geez she burnt her capital to the ground practically, setting off stores of wildfire that her father probably placed throughout the city.

I guess the only question that matters now is whether Bron will ever get his castle.

Obviously, the Starks are not going to get on board with this. Arya is the most survivable person ever and she might go rogue.

Last edited:
Well so much for dragons only have so much fire. Pretty much unlimited. Dany full on crazy bitch. Bad episode imo. I liked the dragon stuff at the beginning, but she went full ******* on that one. Not much satisfying in there at all. Wasted some really good setup. Whoever wrote this **** should never write another episode of tv. Terrible.

Cersei's and Jamie's death were so anti climatic.

Jamie's character's progression was all for naught.

Cersei's death could have been on of the most memorable moments in the series, but the totally ****ed that up.

The Hound's death was predictable and ruined as well. He's probably my favorite character in the series. **** the queen.

The show is so rushed and trying to make too much happen. It's like trying to put a clown car up a clown's *** instead of getting away with putting lots of clowns in a small car.

The Hound dies?!?! Oh nose!!!!

Well, I expected that battle to be much closer than it was, I have to say. I get that Danerys wanted to route Cersei's army, but geez she burnt her capital to the ground practically, setting off stores of wildfire that her father probably placed throughout the city.

I guess the only question that matters now is whether Bron will ever get his castle.

Obviously, the Starks are not going to get on board with this. Arya is the most survivable person ever and she might go rogue.
Yeah it's also highly unlikely that the throne she wants survived the attack after the red keep is destroyed

Some iffy periphery parts (Euron v Jamie wtf), but the Dany mad queen storyline (while a bit rushed) was well enough done and the needed ending to the story.

Dany needs to add to her title now:

Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains. Burner of women and children. Murderer of the innocent. Destroyer of cities. Psycho nutjob.