What's new

Game Of Thrones

On the season 3 finale now. Dinklage crushes his role. Most (all?) are very, very good. I typically hate magic, dragons or any of that D&D crap but I am really into season 3. Zombies, giants, magic, dragons...some badass **** going on. I hope to finish this a week before school starts and then finish Show Me a Hero from HBO and restart Breaking Bad and finish that by the end of September or so.

Right now for me...
1) The Wire
2) Mad Men
3) Game of Thrones
4) The Sopranos

Breaking Bad...what other stud shows am I forgetting? I can't put Mr. Robot here yet because it's still so early on in the show.

On the season 3 finale now. Dinklage crushes his role. Most (all?) are very, very good. I typically hate magic, dragons or any of that D&D crap but I am really into season 3. Zombies, giants, magic, dragons...some badass **** going on. I hope to finish this a week before school starts and then finish Show Me a Hero from HBO and restart Breaking Bad and finish that by the end of September or so.

Right now for me...
1) The Wire
2) Mad Men
3) Game of Thrones
4) The Sopranos

Breaking Bad...what other stud shows am I forgetting? I can't put Mr. Robot here yet because it's still so early on in the show.
[MENTION=3213]Cunning Linguist[/MENTION] have you watched "The Mountain"'s duel yet? Awesome moment. And so, so, so many more to come.

Right now for me...
1) The Wire
2) Mad Men
3) Game of Thrones
4) The Sopranos

I'm with you. I'm not much a fantasy fan. GoT is fun as hell though. Unfortunately, I think you just watched the best season. Season 5 was the worst, imho. This last season (6) was very good with some of the best episodes of the series.

I hate that Deadwood is never on anyone's list. I know they ****ed it up by ending early, but what's there is so damn good. Best casting of anything I've ever watched, ever. The acting is phenomenal, in part because they put the exact right person in the perfect role.

^
Funny, I was thinking of Deadwood. I watched the first four episodes of season one about three or four months ago and liked it a lot. Maybe I'll finish that.

Right now for me...
1) The Wire
2) Mad Men
3) Game of Thrones
4) The Sopranos

Loved Mad Men. Hated how they ended it though.

Right now for me...
1) The Wire
2) Mad Men
3) Game of Thrones
4) The Sopranos

No Spartacus on your list? Come on man...

The only other show that I think may crack into the top four I listed above is Hannibal. I may rank that as high as 3rd. The show was amazing.

Couldn't get tbrough season 1 and I think Mads Mikkelsen is great.

Why? Season 1 was the worst season Imo. They played up the protag's Aspberger's just way too much that it became annoying, at least for me any way. They also were too formulaic with episode after episode being a different serial killer. Sort of silly tbh. Once they get past that and develop the main characters and their relationships to one another, it's phenomenal. Mads is an absolute stud.

Right now for me...
1) The Wire
2) Mad Men
3) Game of Thrones
4) The Sopranos

Mr Robot season 2 has been *** thus far.

I'm with you. I'm not much a fantasy fan. GoT is fun as hell though. Unfortunately, I think you just watched the best season. Season 5 was the worst, imho. This last season (6) was very good with some of the best episodes of the series.

I hate that Deadwood is never on anyone's list. I know they ****ed it up by ending early, but what's there is so damn good. Best casting of anything I've ever watched, ever. The acting is phenomenal, in part because they put the exact right person in the perfect role.

I think a lot of what makes GoT so great is just how much $$$ is in it. I'm sure it's the most expensive television show to produce of all time. Gives you a movie quality feel from a TV series.

I think a lot of what makes GoT so great is just how much $$$ is in it. I'm sure it's the most expensive television show to produce of all time. Gives you a movie quality feel from a TV series.
GRRM used to write for television and he said he started writing ASOIAF specifically to be something that could not be put on television because it was just too big and had too many characters and too many locations and too many special effects.

Kind of ironic.

I dunno how much HBO makes from GoT each year, but the last season could have easily been made into a Motion Picture format instead and fetch something like $400m at the Box Office worldwide.... CGI, acting, story, production value, etc... were superb.

This and all the hot T&A.