What's new

GAME THREAD: Jazz at Hawks 11/15/2015 6pm EST

It was all about intense frustration...

He can't stand in the corner for 5-6 consecutive possesions though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we've literally had 8 road games and 2 home games..

5-5 would have been amazing during the D.WILL DAYS right?
This. And Rudy was hurt and our best player has sucked.
Jazz are good ya'll
Gonna be right there at the end fighting for a playoff spot.

Ya, as much I like seeing the three wing line-up trey has been pretty damn great and consistent all year.

I say neto should get zero minutes from now on and give most of them to trey and the rest to the 3 wing line-up

Basically this.

Burks's line is nice. 7-13, 18 points, six boards, two assists, two steals off the bench.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

And yet we're 5-5 despite having played eight games on the road.

You'd think the sky was falling. Hayward sucks. Rudy had been hurt and has lacked some of his intensity. Hood sucked (until tonight). Lyles blows. We miss Exum. Quin can't develop an offensive system (I'm looking at you franklin) and yet we're still 5-5 despite having played eight of those games on the road.

I'll take that right now. Winning is a learning process and we have to be relatively content with where we're at right now imo.
Alla dat

Wow, Hayward can't make mistakes in your eyes eh? Hood played much better tonight and hit some big shots, he was in control. Gordon....meh. Hopefully he get out of his funk, we need him

Nah, Gordon played really badly most of the game, but he made the plays he needed to make in the final minutes. He didnt do anything amazing, but he didnt give the ball up and let the other team win.

I say ShortShorts makes the next gamethread

I am just getting tired of our default one on one offense. With Burks back, Hood excelling and Burke actually looking like an NBA player on offense, we should look so much better. We had some decent passes/assists tonight, but we need to find better spacing and easier shots. I notice the Hayward is doing a great job kicking to the open man, and Burks has been doing a little better. Hood seems to focus on shooting at the expense of finding the open man sometimes. He had a good game, but our offense stagnates a bit on his one on one moves. Finally, we need to start the offense much faster. Starting our sets w 10 sec on the shot clock is not ideal IMO.

Can't we just enjoy a win rather than hunting for the player who had the worst game and ripping him???

No. Hayward is terrible and needs to be traded now.

Also, Favors? Yeah, he had a great game, but he missed an open shot that would have sealed the win. Trade.

Burks's line is nice. 7-13, 18 points, six boards, two assists, two steals off the bench.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

With Burks the defense has to respect his pull-up, spot up, and his drive. Keeps them off balance. He was fantastic.

Can't we just enjoy a win rather than hunting for the player who had the worst game and ripping him???

I'm enjoying the win like any other, it's called being ambitious. Asking to trade Hayward is obviously an overreaction. However, perhaps it's the time to bench him like we did in 2013-14 until he's ready to carry a bigger load. Right now his lack of energy is hurting us some imo.

After 10 games, Trey Burke is scoring 12.6 points per game on 48.0%/48.4%/81.3%. He's also pitching in 2.6 assists, 2.0 rebounds, and 1.0 steal.

Not bad, Trey. Not bad at all.

I am just getting tired of our default one on one offense. With Burks back, Hood excelling and Burke actually looking like an NBA player on offense, we should look so much better. We had some decent passes/assists tonight, but we need to find better spacing and easier shots. I notice the Hayward is doing a great job kicking to the open man, and Burks has been doing a little better. Hood seems to focus on shooting at the expense of finding the open man sometimes. He had a good game, but our offense stagnates a bit on his one on one moves. Finally, we need to start the offense much faster. Starting our sets w 10 sec on the shot clock is not ideal IMO.

Burks/Hayward/Hood all have an annoying habit of resetting the play by dribbling the ball out and wasting 3-5 seconds of clock. This use to be primarily a Burke problem, but now it seems like all our wings do it.

I'm enjoying the win like any other, it's called being ambitious. Asking to trade Hayward is obviously an overreaction. However, perhaps it's the time to bench him like we did in 2013-14 until he's ready to carry a bigger load. Right now his lack of energy is hurting us some imo.

Bench Hayward? That too is ridiculous

Bench the guy who carried your teams offense with no help last year because he has had a bad start?

OK.

I actually think the UCLA offense would be perfect with our roster. Favors at the ft line, Gobs weak side burks on a wing for back cuts (even starting the set and looking for shots off the screen from favors gobs after the first pass to wing, hood top with burke or hayward. With Favors shooting well, it would be very, very hard to stop.

We can't be a playoff team/win close games with Hayward playing like this season in general.

I mean, just compare last year's down to wire games to this year... This year, all you see is Jazz coming short, blowing 6-8 point leads.

Still, great job by Derrick and Rodney.

He always starts slow. Hopefully he'll get his rhythm back with some home games