What's new

General NFL 2010 Regular Season Thread

06-10-18786EBcopy--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

The NFL is turning into the Pansie FL.

Now you can't take the legs out of the QBs, safeties can't chop the heads off WRs coming across the middle, and now they can't play games in horrible weather? Jeez. Might as well put them in tuxedos and ask them to dance.

It had nothing to do with the players playing in bad weather, it was about the fans. With over 100 accidents on the NJ Turnpike Sunday morning, the league felt that having an additional 20-30,000 cars heading to Philly didn't sound like the safest plan. Let the blizzard blow over and have the game when the fans can get there safely and without hassle. Sounds like a good plan to me.

The NFL is turning into the Pansie FL.

Now you can't take the legs out of the QBs, safeties can't chop the heads off WRs coming across the middle, and now they can't play games in horrible weather? Jeez. Might as well put them in tuxedos and ask them to dance.

If no fans can get to the game they don't make any money on beer, etc. It had little to nothing to do with bad weather for the players.

It had nothing to do with the players playing in bad weather, it was about the fans. With over 100 accidents on the NJ Turnpike Sunday morning, the league felt that having an additional 20-30,000 cars heading to Philly didn't sound like the safest plan. Let the blizzard blow over and have the game when the fans can get there safely and without hassle. Sounds like a good plan to me.

I was being sarcastic. I understand and agree with the game being canceled.

Notice how I included the part about chopping the heads off WRs coming across the middle? Some of those hits have been downright vicious.

Big Joe Webb fan after tonight. Not so much as a starting QB but as a Brad Smith-esq do everything, swiss army knife, type player for next season. At least we could spoil something for somebody.

Lots of speculation that the 49ers are going to end up with Jim Harbaugh. I really hope this turns out to be true. I would be happy with him, and hopefully he could help orchestrate a trade with Carolina to land Andrew Luck.

I would imagine Carolina goes after Harbaugh with everything they have in order to land him and Luck. 49ers ought to look at somebody like Ryan in Cleveland or Linehan in St. Louis. IMO I'm wary about coaches making the jump from college to pro. Too many Sabans and Spurriers, too little success stories.

IMO, in many ways, bringing on Harbaugh and drafting Luck is a potential disaster waiting to happen. The latter automatically becomes the former's teacher's pet of sorts and additional pressure is unnecessarily added onto the kid. Hell, and the coach. If you're truly in love with both, heck, I guess go for it. But Harbaugh better have a hell of a plan for that kid and team.

Big Joe Webb fan after tonight. Not so much as a starting QB but as a Brad Smith-esq do everything, swiss army knife, type player for next season. At least we could spoil something for somebody.

I really like Webb too. I'm most impressed with this guy's arm. He can throw much better than his sixth round draft pick suggests.

I would imagine Carolina goes after Harbaugh with everything they have in order to land him and Luck. 49ers ought to look at somebody like Ryan in Cleveland or Linehan in St. Louis. IMO I'm wary about coaches making the jump from college to pro. Too many Sabans and Spurriers, too little success stories.

Linehan is now in Detroit, and if anyone considers him for a head coach opening, they deserve what they get. The guy was an absolute disaster in his years with the Rams. Some guys are meant to be generals, some are made to be lieutenants. He should remain Lt. Linehan.

I think it's going to be Pat/Atl. No one's going to beat the Falcons in the Dome.

I'm not sold on their defense or Ryan in a big spot. I could see the Bears defense playing lockdown d, intercepting Ryan two or three times, Forte doing his thing, and Cutler playing smart enough to get the job done in a 17-13 type game.

I'm not sold on their defense or Ryan in a big spot. I could see the Bears defense playing lockdown d, intercepting Ryan two or three times, Forte doing his thing, and Cutler playing smart enough to get the job done in a 17-13 type game.

I can also see the Saints beating them (again) before the Bears get them. The NFC is wide open. 5 of the 6 teams have a real shot at the Super Bowl. The other is an argument against divisions and seeding, especially if it is Seattle.

I can also see the Saints beating them (again) before the Bears get them. The NFC is wide open. 5 of the 6 teams have a real shot at the Super Bowl. The other is an argument against divisions and seeding, especially if it is Seattle.

So your Rams don't have a shot at the Bowl?