What's new

General NFL 2010 Regular Season Thread

I hate to say it, but it's too little, too late for Miami. They are in a position where they basically need 2 outta 3 really good teams to falter (Jets, Pats, Steelers) and all the while Miami will have to run the table with games @NYJ and @NE still remaining.

I'm so used to analyzing different playoff scenarios, because we have been a borderline playoff team most seasons since Ricky Williams first one in Miami, that I never give up until we are mathematically eliminated. Imagine if we wouldn't have gotten screwed against the Steelers and won, if everything else turned out the same way we would both be 7-4 with a half game lead over those bitches.

Jets fans may want to lose this game as if they win they may very likely have to beat the Pats three times in a season to make it to the Superbowl. Beating a Belicheat team three times in row is going to be very difficult bordering on impossible.

I'm so used to analyzing different playoff scenarios, because we have been a borderline playoff team most seasons since Ricky Williams first one in Miami, that I never give up until we are mathematically eliminated. Imagine if we wouldn't have gotten screwed against the Steelers and won, if everything else turned out the same way we would both be 7-4 with a half game lead over those bitches.
Yep, I really should let it go but every time I look at the standings that pops in my head and while I normally don't mind the Steelers that game has me pissed and disliking them very much and hope they lose out based on their bad karma.

Also, even though we don't own tiebreakers over Pittsburgh and the Ravens we can still own a tiebreaker over them in the event of a three or more team tiebreaker. Just have to keep winning and get some help.

Also, even though we don't own tiebreakers over Pittsburgh and the Ravens we can still own a tiebreaker over them in the event of a three or more team tiebreaker. Just have to keep winning and get some help.

Keep winning? Bro, you're more delusional than Salty if you think you're making the playoffs.

It's sad that an AFC team will be left out of the playoffs while a NFC west team will make it. Half the WAC could win that division. Perhaps even San Diego St. could win that division.

I like the steelers but I hate Ben R. Excited to see him against the Ravens this weekend while playing injured on a broken wheel. He's going to be beaten down even more by R. Lewis.

Eagles look scary.

I have some posting to make up here. Here goes.

Having no real home team, it's been difficult for me to have a consistent horse in the race.

That said, I am primarily a Packers fan (by choice because of history and market-size) with the Jets being a close second (can't totally identify why, smaller NY team? Bad-*** front-office? Play the game the right way and have an awesome roster? Awesome coach?). I also like the Lions because I like underdogs and I think they're built to be really good if they can put it all together (kind of like the Clippers since forever? Sigh). I also like the Colts because they're the affiliate BYU team (kind of joking, but they play the game the same way), they're a smaller market, my GF is from there, and they're just fun to watch.

I hate the Patriots because they have such a clean, pretty-boy image/persona, but they're the biggest confirmed cheaters in the NFL today. I hate Bellicheat. I hate Brady. I hated Moss. **** them. I hate the Saints and I have no clue why. I always root against Philly because Michael Vick is an especially rare villain that is deservedly hated. I root against the Redskins because it's easily the most offensive and insensitive team name in professional sports... possibly in the entire world. Repugnant.

I'll see if I can keep up in this thread. But if the Packers ever find a healthy, good RB, all y'alls ****ed.

I'm going to enjoy watching the Cowboys ruin the Eagles season these next few weeks. Should have fired Wade a few weeks earlier.

I hope a pitbull bites off Vick's ******* and the Eagles season goes down the tubes, but please take no offense to that because you seem like a pretty decent fellow.

You animal abuser! How could you subject an innocent animal to all the STDs he's sure to suffer from contact with Vick's genitals?

Manning was dreadful today. That being said, I'm not sure how any QB can win with the absolute utter lack of running game the Colts have. Donald Brown is just a waste as a first round pick.