What's new

Hayward & Jazz - not close to agreement (Hayward leaving 4/40 on the table)

Fair enough i just read it different. He doesn't say "the Jazz likely did not want to offer beyond x amount"

He says they did not feel comfortable going above 50 as though he is aware that was offered. Oh well.

Yes, that's definitely what he's implying. He's implying that he's aware that $50 mill is what was offered. But I think he's blowing smoke, wanting to come across more informed than he actually was. He chose his words carefully... if he actually had evidence that that's what the Jazz offered, he would have phrased things very differently in my opinion.

Yes, I read that. And as I said, he doesn't cite any source or anything. Where did he get that $50 million number from? And he doesn't even say that the Jazz for sure offered that number. Seems like a lot of nothing to me. I doubt he knows what the Jazz offered.

Reporter: Were the Jazz willing to go beyond a 4-year, $50 million deal?

Lindsey: <snicker> No, we were not <hee,hee> prepared to go beyond $50 million. <Hah, hah, hah, hah, hah!>

Reporter: Were the Jazz willing to go beyond a 4-year, $50 million deal?

Lindsey: <snicker> No, we were not <hee,hee> prepared to go beyond $50 million. <Hah, hah, hah, hah, hah!>

This is EXACTLY how I'm picturing things. Nice job.

Wow. If the jazz really did go to 4/50 and Hayward turned it down, he is bat **** crazy.

It means one of two things: 1. He is full of himself, and is probably not going to be with the team after next year. Or 2. He is about to show us that he is really awesome as a first or second option and all around player.