What's new

Herro Rumors

No. They looked into trading for him last summer according to reports, but once Collins started the year rough they didnt follow up. Bucks, Raptors and Pels were the other teams reportedly calling Atlanta near DL.
So there is interest.

We can only know speculation brother until it happens.
Im happy to discuss anything of basketball relevance, speculations or not. Personally I still dont think there is a chance they include Collins.

But lets wait and see if his name pops up in the rumors. I would hate that move but I know a lot of guys in here would not.

I would be surprised if we traded Collins at this point but even more surprised if we traded JC. He is in Utah for more than basketball reasons based the image and appeal Ryan Smith wants to give off about Utah. They signed him for a reason. Not saying he would never be traded but I will be very surprised if he is not around at least a full season and possibly two unless he decided he wants out. Moving Sexton makes complete sense to me.

If its a choice between Sexton and Herro... I think Herro is the better player... but is he one first round pick better?

I'm also a little hesitant because Collin has leaned in to being here all summer and working. Unsure if Herro going from Miami to Utah gonna make him super happy.

The duplication on the roster with JC/Sexton/Herro? and potentially Key (if he's good) is gonna be tricky to work around.

If its a choice between Sexton and Herro... I think Herro is the better player... but is he one first round pick better?

I'm also a little hesitant because Collin has leaned in to being here all summer and working. Unsure if Herro going from Miami to Utah gonna make him super happy.

The duplication on the roster with JC/Sexton/Herro? and potentially Key (if he's good) is gonna be tricky to work around.
Quality dependent, he's at least two first rounders better. The 3pt shooting volume is a huge game changer.

I don't think it would be Collins but mostly because I don't think Portland is looking to acquire him. If they trade Dame its full tanks ahead on a rebuild. Likely move Grant midseason.

I don't think it would be Collins but mostly because I don't think Portland is looking to acquire him. If they trade Dame its full tanks ahead on a rebuild. Likely move Grant midseason.
So then the only thing they would truly value out of us (as far as players go) would be Hendricks.

Quality dependent, he's at least two first rounders better. The 3pt shooting volume is a huge game changer.
He also makes 12-14M more per year which would factor into my calculus. if the cost is more than a first (plus Sexton and stuff) I'm all the way out.

So then the only thing they would truly value out of us (as far as players go) would be Hendricks.
Picks is the obvious trading currency here. Portland would likely love a lotto talent but nah. They will take salary flexibility and picks back.

I know that history is often not kind to times where you prioritize “potential” over a more established player (like Favors and Kanter over Millsap), but I’d honestly just rather roll with Hendricks and George over making moves for big minute eaters like Collins and Herro. I know, I know, cue all the reasons why they’re not mutually exclusive and how minutes are earned and development and Hardy and etc., etc., etc.

I know that history is often not kind to times where you prioritize “potential” over a more established player (like Favors and Kanter over Millsap), but I’d honestly just rather roll with Hendricks and George over making moves for big minute eaters like Collins and Herro. I know, I know, cue all the reasons why they’re not mutually exclusive and how minutes are earned and development and Hardy and etc., etc., etc.
I think we are headed for a mid 30s win season... if Herro and Collins are more heavily involved maybe we are headed for a low 40s win season. That's fine but giving up a pick (or three if you are @Saint Cy of JFC ) and tying up a lot of future cap to get that boost? IDK... would obviously want to see what the move looks like... would also be nice to know the end game cuz a Herro/JC backcourt seems kinda weird.

Back