What's new

Herro Rumors

View: https://twitter.com/JWeinbachNBA/status/1703868163199303712

Some more Tyler Herro rumors... starting to feel kinda John Collinsy with how often his name is connected to us. The roster has some fit issues/duplication that give me concern. In a vacuum I get it... if something like this happens I think its another year of waiting for the second shoe to drop. Last year it was "when are we moving Mike?". This year it would be "when are we moving JC or Sexton?"

I won't be shocked if it happens... I'd just like to know what the long term plan is (or if there is one other than "get good players")

Oh lord have mercy!! Trading for Herro would be a huge mistake!!! I still don’t understand the Collins trade and this would be even more idiotic. Why can’t the jazz just build slow for once? We are just making the same mistakes. Grabbing high usage bucket getters to sacrifice defense. I wasn’t a fan of the Hendricks pick or any of the picks last draft, but at least with Hendricks we were adding defense, but then we add Collins to keep Hendricks on the bench and now we are rumored to want Herro to add to Clarkson and blocking Agbaji who has potential as a really good 3&D. Sometimes when thinking about this rebuild I get the 3 blind mice song running in my head. This damn org has 3 blind mice in charge it feels like some times.

Also his contract is a non-issue imo. Even if he doesnt get better, it's still going to be a crazy value in the final 2 years.

I like Herro A LOT. I do have a few questions

1st - would it take 1 or 2 first round picks? I figure 2 since Miami needs more picks to the Lillard trade happen.

2nd - what players would be included in the trade? I could see a combo of Olynyk, THT, or Sexton to make it happen.

3rd - how would he fit on the team? If Clarkson can play PG maybe he would work but I also like Agbaji and Herro will cut into his development. Depending on who is included it could really complicate the rotation. I figure a second trade would have to happen. There is also the development of George.

4th - is the what would the second trade look like? Assuming THT and Olynyk are the trade the rumor i heard for Sexton was for Grayson Allen and Pat Connaughton. That just complicates the rotation.

I guess agbaji could play the 3, but Herro and Allen seem to lack a lot of defense.

I really want to see what George, Hendricks and sensabaugh can bring before making and big moves.

Also his contract is a non-issue imo. Even if he doesnt get better, it's still going to be a crazy value in the final 2 years.
It is fine if he doesn't get better but not a "crazy value". A rising cap will lift all contracts in value... so Sexton's would also rise in value as time passes. It isn't an "issue" per se... but if one player makes 35-40% more than another player then part of the trade is that the player should be 35-40% better... plus whatever else you had to give up.

If Miami could get two good firsts and expiring salary for Herro then Dame would have been in Miami a while ago. That player type has trended down a bit.

It is fine if he doesn't get better but not a "crazy value". A rising cap will lift all contracts in value... so Sexton's would also rise in value as time passes. It isn't an "issue" per se... but if one player makes 35-40% more than another player then part of the trade is that the player should be 35-40% better... plus whatever else you had to give up.

If Miami could get two good firsts and expiring salary for Herro then Dame would have been in Miami a while ago. That player type has trended down a bit.
I don't think Portland is just looking for any picks. Thats the issue. Miami could easily get that for Herro, but Portland wants premium stuff.

I don't think Portland is just looking for any picks. Thats the issue. Miami could easily get that for Herro, but Portland wants premium stuff.
They want as much as they can get. If Miami could get that for Herro they'd have 4-5 firsts they can offer plus Jovic and Jaquez. None of us know what Portland wants but that is a good haul for Dame. There is a report that Miami doesn't even know what it will take because Portland hasn't told them... they just want all of everything possible. Whether its prospects or picks.

If I had to guess at what the sticking points are it would be Portland trying to stick Nurkic's deal in the trade and finding a good return for Herro that returns stuff that Portland wants.

If we dump picks for Herro, then I really wish our overall strategy was a little more cohesive.

1. Offload really good players for picks.
2. Make draft selections and logjam them.
3. Cash in picks for middling talent, further fueling 2.

They want as much as they can get. If Miami could get that for Herro they'd have 4-5 firsts they can offer plus Jovic and Jaquez. None of us know what Portland wants but that is a good haul for Dame. There is a report that Miami doesn't even know what it will take because Portland hasn't told them... they just want all of everything possible. Whether its prospects or picks.

If I had to guess at what the sticking points are it would be Portland trying to stick Nurkic's deal in the trade and finding a good return for Herro that returns stuff that Portland wants.
Picks aren't all created equal.

Picks aren't all created equal.
And your point is? I understand this... I do not believe a team out there is offering two legit future firsts plus no bad salary for Herro.

So you think we should pony up 2+ of our premium picks and Sexton (plus a matching salary in THT or KO) for Herro? If so, I pass.

If we dump picks for Herro, then I really wish our overall strategy was a little more cohesive.

1. Offload really good players for picks.
2. Make draft selections and logjam them.
3. Cash in picks for middling talent, further fueling 2.
I think in that churn you find keepers but yeah... its a bit unconventional.

I think Ainge is a value hunter and if we do pull the trigger on a Herro trade it will be because we got a good deal. I would seem that we have a ready, fire, fire, fire, fire type strategy and need to mix in a little more aim.

And your point is? I understand this... I do not believe a team out there is offering two legit future firsts plus no bad salary for Herro.

So you think we should pony up 2+ of our premium picks and Sexton (plus a matching salary in THT or KO) for Herro? If so, I pass.
No, I'd keep THT at all cost.

At all costs? That sounds awful dramatic.

Let's say Sexton is in the trade vs THT

Clarkson, sexton, George, Dunn
Herro, agbaji, tht

That is a lot of guards. ThT is not going to get playing time. With his expiring contract and youth he has a decent trade value.
THT can play 1-3, Ochai can play 2-3. Dunn is gone in a year. It's not a lot of guards.

Before Herro was out during the playoffs, the heat were an 8th seed and mediocre at best. Herro got injured and the heat went to the finals.

That alone brought up his value down and give him the appearance of an overpaid, minus value, volume shooter.

Herro for Sexton, cqp flexibility, and a couple of 2nd rounders feels like a decent deal for Miami... should they come away with Damian, it feels like the right thing to do.

As for me, I NEED Herro. And I'm willing to hold out for Herro 'til the end of the night BUT he's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be fast. And he's gotta be fresh from the fight.
I'm holding out for Herro 'til the morning light. He's gotta be sure, and it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

Larger than life

Ooh ooh ooh oooooh! Ah Ah!

As for me, I NEED Herro. And I'm willing to hold out for Herro 'til the end of the night BUT he's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be fast. And he's gotta be fresh from the fight.
I'm holding out for Herro 'til the morning light. He's gotta be sure, and it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

Larger than life

Ooh ooh ooh oooooh! Ah Ah!
1695219548001.jpeg

Oh lord have mercy!! Trading for Herro would be a huge mistake!!! I still don’t understand the Collins trade and this would be even more idiotic. Why can’t the jazz just build slow for once? We are just making the same mistakes. Grabbing high usage bucket getters to sacrifice defense. I wasn’t a fan of the Hendricks pick or any of the picks last draft, but at least with Hendricks we were adding defense, but then we add Collins to keep Hendricks on the bench and now we are rumored to want Herro to add to Clarkson and blocking Agbaji who has potential as a really good 3&D. Sometimes when thinking about this rebuild I get the 3 blind mice song running in my head. This damn org has 3 blind mice in charge it feels like some times.

I don't think trading for Herro if it is at a low price is crazy but I agree about wanting to build this slow or at least make sure that we are in a position to get our draft picks consistent minutes. As it stands right now we already have a serious minutes crunch and will have a very difficult time finding Hendricks and George consistent minutes.

Back