What's new

How has the virus affected you directly?

He probably couldn't get surgery in the US right now even if he wanted to. My mom has been undergoing chemo for stage 4 ovarian cancer. After 3 rounds she was supposed to have surgery next week but that has been cancelled. Apparently surgery to remove cancer is an "elective" surgery. All they will do at this point is keep giving her chemo which will just **** her immune system up even more.

Gawd damn it. I feel like an *** complaining. This puts things into perspective for me.

I hope the best for your mom. If there's anything I can, please, don't hesitate to PM me and I'll do my best. I can't imagine, man. :/

Gawd damn it. I feel like an *** complaining. This puts things into perspective for me.

I hope the best for your mom. If there's anything I can, please, don't hesitate to PM me and I'll do my best. I can't imagine, man. :/
Thank you. At this point it is just a wait and see what happens scenario. The ****** part is that absolutely no one can visit her and she cannot leave the house, at all.

Her 2nd week of chemo she did develop pneumonia. This would have been the first week of March. She was treated and overcame it. I have my suspicions that she did have covid but was never tested as this was early on in the outbreak and they weren't testing anyone at that point.

Thank you. At this point it is just a wait and see what happens scenario. The ****** part is that absolutely no one can visit her and she cannot leave the house, at all.

Her 2nd week of chemo she did develop pneumonia. This would have been the first week of March. She was treated and overcame it. I have my suspicions that she did have covid but was never tested as this was early on in the outbreak and they weren't testing anyone at that point.

Good luck mate. Its an incredibly difficult situation. Got my fingers and toes crossed for you and your fam.

He probably couldn't get surgery in the US right now even if he wanted to. My mom has been undergoing chemo for stage 4 ovarian cancer. After 3 rounds she was supposed to have surgery next week but that has been cancelled. Apparently surgery to remove cancer is an "elective" surgery. All they will do at this point is keep giving her chemo which will just **** her immune system up even more.

Little ray of sunshine in my world amidst all the gloom and doom. My mom went in for her 4th round of chemo this past Wed. Before each treatment they test her cancer antigens to see if treatment is effective. The lower the better. Before her first treatment they were at 458 which is on the high end. Wed when they tested it has dropped all the way to 51. They are shooting for 35 with zero being the obvious ideal. Her immune system is shot to hell and she feels like crap but it is definitely headed where we want it. I thought a little positivity in the universe would be a good thing about now.

Little ray of sunshine in my world amidst all the gloom and doom. My mom went in for her 4th round of chemo this past Wed. Before each treatment they test her cancer antigens to see if treatment is effective. The lower the better. Before her first treatment they were at 458 which is on the high end. Wed when they tested it has dropped all the way to 51. They are shooting for 35 with zero being the obvious ideal. Her immune system is shot to hell and she feels like crap but it is definitely headed where we want it. I thought a little positivity in the universe would be a good thing about now.

Great news!

My daughter got appendicitis Thursday night. Surgery was Friday morning, I picked her up Saturday.

Thank to the COVID19 precautions, neither I nor my wife I could not spend one minute in the hospital to visit or comfort her (she's 19, a legal adult).

My daughter got appendicitis Thursday night. Surgery was Friday morning, I picked her up Saturday.

Thank to the COVID19 precautions, neither I nor my wife I could not spend one minute in the hospital to visit or comfort her (she's 19, a legal adult).
That's the part of this that is so horrific. The lack of human interaction with those that need it the most.

That’s fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Good to hear that she is doing a bit better.

That's so difficult. Terrible timing for appendicitis, and glad she's doing well.

The self quarantining isn't great for single people.. not gonna lie my sex life's been non existing for a month now.. LOL ..