What's new

How long have you been here?

I was on JazzFanz for at least a year before the old site crashed. My handle was something like JazzRGV, named after the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, where I live. I remember once I posted about possibly trading Carlos Boozer for chemistry reasons and that drew a critical response from a member of JazzFanz. A third JazzFanz member entered the debate and went after my detractor with a vengeance. Food fight! Everyone was watching the back and forth between those two. They eventually settled their dispute on PM. I certainly was not trying to troll, but that is my most vivid memory of pre-crash days.

I really have no idea how long I've been around between lurking, posting, and now moderating which is basically lurking.
I think I was pre crash, but not by much.
I do remember all of the referenced posters, but it's all muddled now. I don't know if I remember them, or stories about them when posters reminisce.

I really have no idea how long I've been around between lurking, posting, and now moderating which is basically lurking.
I think I was pre crash, but not by much.
I do remember all of the referenced posters, but it's all muddled now. I don't know if I remember them, or stories about them when posters reminisce.
Same here. I know I was on about 4 or 5 jazz-related message boards since they started popping up on the internet. The earliest I remember was on AOL in the mid-90's. I was on realgm, something on ESPN at one point, a few others. I'm sure I visited/lurked on the early iterations of JF but nothing really consistently until '07/'08 or so. And I feel the same way, about whether I remember the OGs or just people mentioning them. But I know I've been consistently present here since the crash at least.

The early days of the WWW really did feel like the wild wild West.

I have no idea for sure when I started an account. Probably sometime around 2007. My username is hhcurt back then. I rarely posted but read. When the new site started I started posting more. I was Broncster back then.

I have no idea for sure when I started an account. Probably sometime around 2007. My username is hhcurt back then. I rarely posted but read. When the new site started I started posting more. I was Broncster back then.

I remember Broncster. Great poster.

17 years for me. Holy cow. Came here after Deshawn Stevenson got traded for Giricek. I remember it like it was last week.

I originally went by Bellfor3. I was 13 years old at the time. I can legit say that I grew up with Jazzfanz.
Oh my hell. That explains so much.

To answer the original question, I think I've been around for at least as long as Bellfor3 - because I remember when he joined, and I had been on for a while before that I believe.
My problem is I go periods of times (years sometimes) without logging in and saying hi.

To answer the original question, I think I've been around for at least as long as Bellfor3 - because I remember when he joined, and I had been on for a while before that I believe.
My problem is I go periods of times (years sometimes) without logging in and saying hi.
Same

I always got that dude and Bronco mixed up. One if them used to go to GF's poker games.
I am curious what happened to him. He’s still listed as a mod but hasn’t been seen in two years. It won’t even let me tag him.

My origin story is tied to you in one very unfortunate way. When I started posting, Troutbum was convinced that I was one of your alts. It was immediately clear to me that he ****ing hated your guts because he wouldn’t leave me alone for... sheesh... a long time. I have no idea why I stuck around through that noise.

I think my first account was back in early 2008. That’s pre-crash, right? I had just moved to California and was so swamped with work that this became a necessary social outlet (since I wasn’t getting out much to meet new people). Also, everyone in my new neighborhood was a Lakers fan, which had a way for increasing my jazz fandom.

My origin story is tied to you in one very unfortunate way. When I started posting, Troutbum was convinced that I was one of your alts. It was immediately clear to me that he ****ing hated your guts because he wouldn’t leave me alone for... sheesh... a long time. I have no idea why I stuck around through that noise.

I think my first account was back in early 2008. That’s pre-crash, right? I had just moved to California and was so swamped with work that this became a necessary social outlet (since I wasn’t getting out much to meet new people). Also, everyone in my new neighborhood was a Lakers fan, which had a way for increasing my jazz fandom.
I miss size huge BOOBS.