What's new

hypotethical poll/discusion about favors kanter

So who would you take

• Kanter

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Favors

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • neither, i would go to the supermarket get me some cheese.

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
Disagree, we already have Burks, Hayward, and if Ty ever pulls his head out of his ***, Carroll, which is a good nucleus of wings. Wings are easier to find then elite defensive bigs.

However if I were a gm and another team came to me with an offer for their Allstar wing in exchange for Kanter I'd at least consider it, if that wing is a good scorer.

My ***.

Favors isn't a defensive big anyway. Can't guard the post for ****.

Although Kanter is my favorite player. I would take Favors after much consideration. I believe defensive bigs are a rare thing now days. And after the San Antonio game and seeing how much his presence alters the game. i have to choose who has a bigger impact in helping us win.

I would have said favors right up until march.
Kanter in march has changed my mind.

1) It is highly unlikely such a scenario would present itself for atleast another year
2) If it does - at that time we all (hopefully) will have a much better understanding of the type of players Favors & Kanter are in a major roles.
We'll know if Favors' offensive game is still trending upward, or if his defensive ability renders any offensive defficiencies irrellevant. We'll know if Kanter can be a high-efficiency inside-outside scorer who is not a defensive liability for the Jazz in a full-time role.

At this point - it's impossible to choose one of the other especially when it's not even remotely necessary. I suppose it's fun for some to think about but for me - I know the Jazz have alot more real problems & question-marks to deal with than this one.

1) It is highly unlikely such a scenario would present itself for atleast another year
2) If it does - at that time we all (hopefully) will have a much better understanding of the type of players Favors & Kanter are in a major roles.
We'll know if Favors' offensive game is still trending upward, or if his defensive ability renders any offensive defficiencies irrellevant. We'll know if Kanter can be a high-efficiency inside-outside scorer who is not a defensive liability for the Jazz in a full-time role.

At this point - it's impossible to choose one of the other especially when it's not even remotely necessary. I suppose it's fun for some to think about but for me - I know the Jazz have alot more real problems & question-marks to deal with than this one.

Man up and make the hypothetical choice. TIA.

Man up and make the hypothetical choice. TIA.
Haha! Well, both of them are still far too young and inexperienced to contribute so why not trade them both and bring back some veteran bigs who can play 35 minutes per night without getting "beat up" (as Dennis Lindsey has said).

Haha! Well, both of them are still far too young and inexperienced to contribute so why not trade them both and bring back some veteran bigs who can play 35 minutes per night without getting "beat up" (as Dennis Lindsey has said).

... or don't.

;)

Kanter.

As happens with most bigs, as they get better on the offensive end their defense will start to lack.

Kanter seems to be able to do both well.

i know just wondering what jazzfanz think.
it's more like a scenario. where a new (5 team or so)basketball league start and kanter and favors are the CLEAR nummber 1 and 2 pick.
the gap between number 2 and 3 is huge.

just wondering what jazzfanz players think on which player they think is better for a team

yeah the season is boring so it seems fun to do.
isnt thats what we are here for. for fun and discussion?