What's new

hypotethical poll/discusion about favors kanter

So who would you take

• Kanter

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Favors

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • neither, i would go to the supermarket get me some cheese.

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
If Kanter was a bad rebounder or a bad defender then I would take Favors.

Since Kanter can do it all and looks like a complete / all around player (who still needs time) , I'm for Kanter.

But it's a tough choice. I see more upside in Kanter. He seems to catch things quicker and develops faster. What Kanter did in the offseason makes me believe that he is the most hard-working player we have.

It's like if you had to choose between Z-Bo and Chandler. Depends on what your team needs.

I went favors. I love his defensive ability/potential.

Burks/Hayward/Millsap/Favors + hopefully a good n speedy point guard who can shoot a little would run teams out of the building.

Kinda makes me want to vomit thinking we could pretty much be playing this way.

Throw Burks at point, add some Marvin, a little Foye, some Junkyard, of course some Kanter. We would be one fun team to watch.

It's like if you had to choose between Z-Bo and Chandler. Depends on what your team needs.

Yes, just with the difference that Kanter is actually 1-2 inches bigger than Zack while Derrick is 1-2 inches smaller than Tyson.
Kanter is a better defender than Zack, Derrick is a more skilled offensiv player than Tyson.

Who the f.... wants to trade these guys ? They will be one of the best double teams in league history and thats no irony guys.

Yes, just with the difference that Kanter is actually 1-2 inches bigger than Zack while Derrick is 1-2 inches smaller than Tyson.
Kanter is a better defender than Zack, Derrick is a more skilled offensiv player than Tyson.

Who the f.... wants to trade these guys ? They will be one of the best double teams in league history and thats no irony guys.

True. I think both will get a MAX contract once their rookie contracts are up.

Imo, the only ones that are untouchable on our roster are Favors and Kanter.

underKANTER;530067 But it's a tough choice. I see more upside in Kanter. He seems to catch things quicker and develops faster. What Kanter did in the offseason makes me believe that he is the most hard-working player we have. [/QUOTE said:
It shows me that kanter has malone like work ethic.
he will succeed in this league, unless his young mind gets fooled into believing that you dont need to work on work ethic and defense. to become a big al like star

I don't get all the Burks love. He is a very, very, very, very nice player, but he isn't as good as Hayward, Kanter or Favors. I part with Burks a lot sooner than I part with Hayward, and a million years sooner than I part with Favors or Kanter.

I think Burks is a great fit to the Jazz because of his athleticism. He needs to add strength. And Jazz need a pass first PG for the Burks (SG) Hayward (SF) Enes (PF) Favors (C) lineup.

I think Burks is a great fit to the Jazz because of his athleticism. He needs to add strength. And Jazz need a pass first PG for the Burks (SG) Hayward (SF) Enes (PF) Favors (C) lineup.

Don't get me wrong, I really like him. I just like him 4th best on this team.

I want the Jazz to package Favors into an All Star wing. Pipe dream, I know, but it would be the best way to build. As has been shown the last 3 summers, anyone can pick up a solid 4 in free agency.
If forced to choose, I agree. Kanter has shown he can be 20/10+ player. Favors still struggles offensively. Enes may not have the athleticism of Favors, but he's sounder in terms of fundamentals. And he can stay on the court without getting into foul trouble. Also, a great point re: PF's. It's tough to find a franchise center, but solid PF's can be picked up as FA's.

Priority for me is:
1. Center
2. PG
3. PF
4. SG (I mean, "making" guard)
5. SF