What's new

I hate rapists...

Oh my... I mean, forget that the prosecutor has to have actual "facts" in order to charge someone, that **** is not important.

Because being raped is a matter of opinion?

Of course, prosecutors could do investigations to get more facts. Say, like the one from the victim in December 2011, who apparently was dealing with a suspect with two prior complaints, but couldn't be bothered to investigate enough to find that out. Because, you know, opinion.

Do you think his defense lawyer really said this or it was just a typo?:

“Their allegations are simply not true; this simply didn’t happen. Our client didn’t commit a crime or commit any legal acts,” says Cara Tangaro, Peterson’s Defense Attorney.

Maybe a Freudian slip on the part of the person typing it up?

Here I thought Sandusky was going to prison based on people saying he did something bad. In fact, a whole university is being punished for not reacting strongly enough about people saying that.

Was it one person's word against another person's word, or did they have to actually build a case?
Are you going to continue to play the not so smart card?

Because being raped is a matter of opinion?

Of course, prosecutors could do investigations to get more facts. Say, like the one from the victim in December 2011, who apparently was dealing with a suspect with two prior complaints, but couldn't be bothered to investigate enough to find that out. Because, you know, opinion.

Or it could be that it took a little while to realize the complaints/reports were about the same person as they were made to different agencies. It's easy to criticize isn't it?

Was it one person's word against another person's word, or did they have to actually build a case?
Are you going to continue to play the not so smart card?

Yes, they did have to build a case. There was also a case to be built in Dec 2011 against this rapist. Perhaps that prosdecutor confiscated the not-so-smart card.

Or it could be that it took a little while to realize the complaints/reports were about the same person as they were made to different agencies. It's easy to criticize isn't it?

For all I know, the prosecutor was just buried in cases, and one rape just wan't important enough to merit attention.

Sure a predator would, but a truly spiritual person would not.
You make it sound like all people that are seen as spiritual people are liars and predators.
I think the liars and predators are still fewer than the decent people, and are seen as wolves among the sheep.

Nah. If someone has sex, that does not make them an evil person or a predator. That is your spin. I do think there are plenty of people who probably don't care much one way or the other about the religious stuff, but enjoy the social interactions, connections, activities, benefits, and status they experience as part of a religious community.

Nah. If someone has sex, that does not make them an evil person or a predator. That is your spin. I do think there are plenty of people who probably don't care much one way or the other about the religious stuff, but enjoy the social interactions, connections, activities, benefits, and status they experience as part of a religious community.

Wait. Did spazz say that having sex makes one evil? He may have, but I missed it.

Oh, and since you were kind enough to acknowledge the benefits spazz gets as a 'member of the religious community', I think I'll return the favor and congratulate you on your furture eternal spot in hell .. unless you change your ways and accept God, of course.

Wow, I've been away from the board for a few days and feel kinda wiry .. better go before I get an infarction or something.

Wait. Did spazz say that having sex makes one evil? He may have, but I missed it.

Oh, and since you were kind enough to acknowledge the benefits spazz gets as a 'member of the religious community', I think I'll return the favor and congratulate you on your furture eternal spot in hell .. unless you change your ways and accept God, of course.

Wow, I've been away from the board for a few days and feel kinda wiry .. better go before I get an infarction or something.

spaz used the term predators first

We were talking about this rapist, and the fact that he used religion and the perception that he is a spiritual person not to get women to have sex with him, but to force them to have sex with him.
In my definition that is a predator.

No spin NE, a person that targets specific people to harm them is a predator. What is your definition?

I said nothing about people having sex being predators.
You people need to seriously brush up... or learn for the first time, comprehension skills.

pred·a·tor Listen to audio/ˈprɛdətɚ/ noun
plural pred·a·tors
[count] 1 : an animal that lives by killing and eating other animals : an animal that preys on other animals
▪ predators like bears and wolves ▪ The population of rabbits is controlled by natural predators.
2 : a person who looks for other people in order to use, control, or harm them in some way
▪ a sexual predator [=a person who commits sexual crimes against other people]

If by 'you people' you mean northeast, I agree. If you were including me, well, that's a different story.

If by 'you people' you mean northeast, I agree. If you were including me, well, that's a different story.

lol, no you were not included, you just got here.
northeast and one brow are playing a game and I am playing along.

spaz
I don't understand what game you think is being played.

but you used the word predator in reference to my post about people who might simply meet within a common social setting and experience normal interactions. I don't think it is deviant to try to appear attractive to someone you are attracted to. I don't know why you thought I was trying to make normal people appear to be predators. I certainly was not implying that every person who is attracted to another person is a predator, whether in a religious setting or not.

Last edited:
Have you not seen this same scenario with Salty? There are some people that it just isn't worth arguing about, because no matter what you say, they will spin it until it vomits. It's fun with Salty, because he's dumber than a sack of hair -- it's not so fun with OneBlow because he's smart, and is good at using big scary words to intimidate casual posters. Frankly, it's just not fun to argue with him.

What are the chances OneBrow is Salty?

By the way, when I come out, I'm staying at your place. In your bed. You can have the sofa.

spaz
I don't understand what game you think is being played.

but you used the word predator in reference to my post about people who might simply meet within a common social setting and experience normal interactions. I don't think it is deviant to try to appear attractive to someone you are attracted to. I don't know why you thought I was trying to make normal people appear to be predators. I certainly was not implying that every person who is attracted to another person is a predator, whether in a religious setting or not.

I'm going to figure I misunderstood the meaning of your post way back there. It was my understanding you were still talking about this dude that was saying things to appear spiritual to prey on lds women. In reading it over I see how you could have just been trying to make some point about guys trying to look cool because they wanted to bed some girl.
I may not even agree with that point, but I see how it is different than talking about this predator guy and guys like him that aim to hurt the women. This would be why I introduced the predator comment.

If this is true I apologize, and will sign up for my reading comprehension class asap.

As to the spiritual guy saying whatever it takes to "boink" some girl, I would think that is a sure sign he is not a "spiritual" guy.

By the way, when I come out, I'm staying at your place. In your bed. You can have the sofa.

Good for you, Wes. Props to Trout for being a supportive friend. I know it won't be easy telling your girl, but she has to have picked up on some of the same signs that all of us on this board have. Wouldn't be surprised if she already knew and you guys remain great friends. Good Luck.