What's new

I want apologies for all the Niang hate on this board!!!

I'm no hater but he's a good trade asset to have if the jazz are truly serious about making a run this year. Besides it's just a regular season game. If it was the nba finals I'd be ecstatic.

we praise him when he plays well and makes shots. we roast him when he doesn't. not sure if there's anything wrong with that or worth apologizing for. feel happy for him tonight though. a good game for him and a good win for us

Niang has played good defense all year and consistently makes good decisions with the ball. The shot hasn't been there for him this year, but we really should have known that he was a better shooter than this. If he can shoot like he has for the past couple of years he's a really solid player for us.

Niang gets way too much hate. We need a guy like him who's not afraid to shoot the ball. He is also surprisingly pretty good when he gets opportunities in the paint.

It's pretty clear Niang is a guaranteed rotation player for the rest of the season.

He's defending well both individually and in team defense. He's starting to hit shots again. He's running the offense and making plays in spots he can.

Oni, while definitely better on D, isnt providing any kind of ancillary playmaking and isnt shooting well enough to usurp any minutes.

we praise him when he plays well and makes shots. we roast him when he doesn't. not sure if there's anything wrong with that or worth apologizing for. feel happy for him tonight though. a good game for him and a good win for us
He’s been a + even when not making shots. Fact is if he hot 25+ min, he’d make at least 3 threes a game. You ****ing idiots vastly underrate his game. He’s shown to be a good defender, and had he started the year getting the minutes he’s getting now he’d be a 40+% 3pt shooter now.

You need to remember that "hate" is thrown around when weak-minded people want to make themselves feel superior to someone else. No such thing as nuance when the keyboard warriors are busy pwning in the interwebz.

Niang has played good defense all year and consistently makes good decisions with the ball. The shot hasn't been there for him this year, but we really should have known that he was a better shooter than this. If he can shoot like he has for the past couple of years he's a really solid player for us.
This.

maybe he can keep this going and get back to 40%.

I’m waiting for a thread about him being better than Bojan and I also might start that thread.

This.

maybe he can keep this going and get back to 40%.

I’m waiting for a thread about him being better than Bojan and I also might start that thread.

I don't think it's crazy thought especially given the context of this team. If we want to bring Conley back, trading Bogey for a draft pick and resigning Niang would be a really sound piece of business IMO.