What's new

I'm no longer a Snyder fan.

see 3rd quarter efforts...
I don't see how a lack of effort is on Quin. He has had some of his harshest words this season and players said the same thing. So they agree but are unable to give effort?

Starting to think the Royce extension was premature. It’s really not that tough to find a guy who can shoot ~39% from 3 and play defense.

Last edited:
Starting to think the Royce extension was premature. It’s really not that tough to find a guy who can shoot around ~39% from 3 and play defense.

Yes, agree. Disagreed with it as soon as I heard about it. It would be one thing if he was showing that his game was expanding and he was becoming a versatile scorer. Also, ever since he got it, his effort has been about %75 of normal. Maybe he is playing hurt, but he's been a shell of his former self, and his former self wasn't worth his new deal. Still optimistic he can get back to being a defensive disrupter and improve his limited offensive game.

The problem is we are throwing relatively big money at the likes of Royce and DedEx. There is a whole league filled with guys as talented and willing to play for the minimum. Did you know that the 4th leading 3 point shooter in the GLeague is playing for the Stars? Who would be the better player Kyle Collinsworth or DedEx?

The problem is we are throwing relatively big money at the likes of Royce and DedEx. There is a whole league filled with guys as talented and willing to play for the minimum. Did you know that the 4th leading 3 point shooter in the GLeague is playing for the Stars? Who would be the better player Kyle Collinsworth or DedEx?

Agreed.

This is from KSL: "The Jazz, of late, have been very prone to giving up big runs. In the last few weeks, the Jazz have conceded a 27-1 run to Denver, a 13-0 one to Portland, a 17-0 one to Denver, and Houston beat Utah 38-19 in the third quarter on Saturday to pull away for the win." This doesn't count being down 40 to either Philly or Toronto at the half earlier in the year. It's like Quin is waiting until the end of the game to hand out the juice boxes and participation trophies. .

This is from KSL: "The Jazz, of late, have been very prone to giving up big runs. In the last few weeks, the Jazz have conceded a 27-1 run to Denver, a 13-0 one to Portland, a 17-0 one to Denver, and Houston beat Utah 38-19 in the third quarter on Saturday to pull away for the win." This doesn't count being down 40 to either Philly or Toronto at the half earlier in the year. It's like Quin is waiting until the end of the game to hand out the juice boxes and participation trophies. .
This is a sign of both lack of effort and lack of adjustment. Most of these runs have come at or after half time, right when a coach should be making in game adjustments and half time adjustments and the players should be stepping up. We are soft and quin is out of tricks. Doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

I don't see how a lack of effort is on Quin. He has had some of his harshest words this season and players said the same thing. So they agree but are unable to give effort?

Quin can play the younger players that have more hunger and effort.

Last edited:
This is a sign of both lack of effort and lack of adjustment. Most of these runs have come at or after half time, right when a coach should be making in game adjustments and half time adjustments and the players should be stepping up. We are soft and quin is out of tricks. Doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.
It's like he is going to play 9 or 10 guys and the bench get's no burn. Last night at least Morgan got off the pine and did OK and the night before Mudiay played like a boss. It just seems like if someone isn't cutting it, put someone else in. The law of the playground is you lose you sit the next game. Quin might want to try that approach.

Is he capable of motivating his team? Seems the answer is no. That is on quin in equal measure with the players. Great coaches get the best effort from their teams. Quin can yell all he wants but the players don't respond, and that's on him.

I also agree with quin leaving time outs and challenges unused being a problem. He needs to be more aggressive with time outs to stop runs and challenges to keep the refs honest, or at least make it appear they aren't reffing with the league agenda of promoting Star players.

we should have never let go of Rubio, Favors. We could have aligned Clarkson to help with scoring. Bojan will be a mistake in the long run, just has Conley has proven to be.

Quin can play the younger players that have more hunger and effort.
Is that gonna win us a a title. We either figure it out with our best players or we give up on the season. And the effort is much a starting line-up problem.

At least Spida appeared to wake up last night. It appears the culture is messed up. Success isn't being celebrated it appears. You are one of the chosen and you give a half-hearted effort, you get rewarded by playing the next game and next instead of sitting next to coach and observing.

Is that gonna win us a a title. We either figure it out with our best players or we give up on the season. And the effort is much a starting line-up problem.

I'm not saying it will win us the title but it's the coaches job to put in energy players we lack that with our starters

I've noticed a few obvious things this season. Snyder use to roam the sidelines all game he was always looking at mismatches and ways to get his team an advantage.
This year he's been sitting down alot. Letting huge leads runs go on without timeouts. His substitutions have been set via time on the clock vs who's playing well -who isn't and how lineups work for the advantage vs disadvantages.
I wonder if Zantac or Lindsey told Quin he has to play certain players(Conley) a set amount of time. It's put him off and to prove a point he is showing how it doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I've noticed a few obvious things this season. Snyder use to roam the sidelines all game he was always looking at mismatches and ways to get his team an advantage.
This year he's been sitting down alot. Letting huge leads runs go on without timeouts. His substitutions have been set via time on the clock vs who's playing well -who isn't and how lineups work for the advantage vs disadvantages.
I wonder if Zantac or Lindsey told Quin he has to play certain players(Conley) a set amount of time. It's put him off and to prove a point he is showing how it doesn't work.

Perhaps that would explain DL's pi$$ed off look a few weeks ago after another brutal loss.

Except Conley is in a top 3 five-man lineup in the entire league.