What's new

I'm Worried About Clarkson

Being a poor shooter on a team that shoots a whole helluva lot of 3's does make you stand out a bit more as a scapegoat. Shooting 30% from 3's since all star break. Not ideal heading into the playoffs.

Yeah, but the issue is more than just make/miss like I said. He isn't getting nearly as many quality looks per game anymore.
The dude got stripped on, like, 3 out of 4 straight possessions last night. So it’s more than just shooting and the quality of shot.

JC has kind of sucked ever since he revealed Kobe's last words to him where.

“We don't take those [practice] shots for no reason,” Clarkson recalls Bryant saying. “Go out there and shoot 'em.”

That was January 26th.

Some things that give you power you need to yourself.

It's not just the poor shooting, his overdribbling and unwillingness to pass to wide open teammates is really starting to wear thin.

Being a poor shooter on a team that shoots a whole helluva lot of 3's does make you stand out a bit more as a scapegoat. Shooting 30% from 3's since all star break. Not ideal heading into the playoffs.
He's not a poor shooter though. Over his last 15 games he's shooting 46% on catch and shoot 3's.

He just takes too many ****** shots.

My wife (who knows very little about basketball) thinks that Clarkson has the most beautiful and effortless shot on the whole team. FWIW.

But she also comments about what a maniac he is.

I hate his move where he backs down near the logo for an iso, only to get stripped then easy 2 pts for the other team. Probably the easiest 2pts against us since nobody goes back on defense.

Ginobili checked, Parker chucked, Bring chucked, Kobe chucked, Ray Allen chucked, Michael Jordan chucked. A shot not taken is 2-3 points lost. We could not have a guy who can give us 20-30 points any given night, and rely on our reserves who can only give us 5-7 pointe a night if Clarkson wasn't here.

Stop hating he brings more than Exum ever did. Clarkson brings what we need, yeah he is streaky, but when he is hot, he is great. He isn't in a 6th man of the year conversation by fluke

One thing that does comfort me about the Clarkson situation is that while Quin gives him the green light to do whatever when he plays, I don't think Quin will let the ship go down with Clarkson. Even when Clarkson dropped 40 he didn't get to close the game.

Bogey makes me much more worried because Quin was so hesitant to bench him in favor of Ingles who is a significantly better player.

One thing that does comfort me about the Clarkson situation is that while Quin gives him the green light to do whatever when he plays, I don't think Quin will let the ship go down with Clarkson. Even when Clarkson dropped 40 he didn't get to close the game.

Bogey makes me much more worried because Quin was so hesitant to bench him in favor of Ingles who is a significantly better player.
At the end of the day he is a bench player. But it does get concerning if Don Or Mike have to miss time in the playoffs and we therefore need to rely on Clarkson more.

At the end of the day he is a bench player. But it does get concerning if Don Or Mike have to miss time in the playoffs and we therefore need to rely on Clarkson more.

Barring anything crazy I don't think Don or Mike will miss any postseason games. Jazz are just being overly conservative with them right now to keep them 100% ready to go for the playoffs.

I am still worried about Clarkson. He was on a tear the first of the season but the last few months he has been off for sure. If we are going to do damage in the playoffs he has to get back to early season form. Last night was obviously great. Hope he is back on track.

I am still worried about Clarkson. He was on a tear the first of the season but the last few months he has been off for sure. If we are going to do damage in the playoffs he has to get back to early season form. Last night was obviously great. Hope he is back on track.
Don't worry, be happy. Clarkson's offense is snappy

Someone once mentioned that we received Clarkson for a "ded man." We killed it on that trade. Clarkson is not expected to be Michael Jordan. He is a 6th man in the Vinnie Johnson mold. The Pistons won a title with Vinnie, if we play our cards correctly and avoid injuries, we can win a title with Jordan Clarkson as 6th man.

I guess it's time to bump up that thread now.. Yesterday he not only had one of his worse shooting nights in Jazz uniform, he was visibly struggling to get to his spots in the paint and turned it over a lot.