What's new

Is Favors in the long-term plans at this point?

If only Jabari had had the foresight to hire Ron Mexico as his proper trainer. His poor decision-making has likely cost him millions of dollars. RMex is fine without his commission, doe. #Rollininit

Rolling in it? Me? Nah. I don't work much these days. I only like to work about 20 hours a week, it makes life much better.

But yeah, I could definitely help Jabari if he wants to train with me.

But he might have good training, I have no idea.

Clearly my intention is to say I dont know what his training is like but if I was to guess like most basketball players not great.
Wrong. They’re professional athletes. Everything they do is elite. Top of the line. They live in a different world than we do. Your feeble mind couldn’t even comprehend how god-like the training they get is. They’re not humans. When their mom stops by with a cheeseburger from McDonald’s, it’s not just a cheeseburger — it’s a beef product enriched with the semen of Zeus, imported on an over-night flight from Mount Olympus. When they need a tweak on their training programs, the paid professionals with NBA organizations walk into a back room where guys wearing white coats, flanked by countertops of Bunson burners boiling liquids in beakers and math equations on chalk boards, those Scientists immediately go to work, they gaze into a magic 8 ball that harnesses power from the core of the universe, and then their minds expand, their thoughts travel at the speed of light, and they are infused with wisdom and they lay out the facts. The science. Pure. Unadulterated. Never changing. Alpha and omega.

If the resources from the upper echelons of high society can’t provide better solutions, good luck to you, bro.

Man, I'm sure glad Gobert is back and the Jazz are back to mediocrity. It's awesome seeing him get dominated by the likes of Steven Adams and Clint Capela. And even better, the jazz have looked like complete trash since he returned! Yay! But by all means, let's get rid of Favors, he's the problem. Oh wait, no, it's Rubios fault! Couldn't be our beloved Gobert! He's efficient!

The Jazz aren't winning squat with Rudy as the franchise player. He's not even a top 5 center in the league. He is Hassan Whiteside with worse hands. I am flabbergasted at anyone who thinks Rudy is a better offensive player than Favors is. You can see it in the games, his teammates are hesitant to pass him the ball because it basically a turnover waiting to happen if it's not a wide open dunk. Even those are no gimmes with his terrible hands. It's messing with team chemistry and hurting the team.

Trade Gobert before his value plummets faster than the jazz record since he returned.

Man, I'm sure glad Gobert is back and the Jazz are back to mediocrity. It's awesome seeing him get dominated by the likes of Steven Adams and Clint Capela. And even better, the jazz have looked like complete trash since he returned! Yay! But by all means, let's get rid of Favors, he's the problem. Oh wait, no, it's Rubios fault! Couldn't be our beloved Gobert! He's efficient!

The Jazz aren't winning squat with Rudy as the franchise player. He's not even a top 5 center in the league. He is Hassan Whiteside with worse hands. I am flabbergasted at anyone who thinks Rudy is a better offensive player than Favors is. You can see it in the games, his teammates are hesitant to pass him the ball because it basically a turnover waiting to happen if it's not a wide open dunk. Even those are no gimmes with his terrible hands. It's messing with team chemistry and hurting the team.

Trade Gobert before his value plummets faster than the jazz record since he returned.

No offence But you're kinda dumb

Regarding the ACL debate on the previous page: while it's not basketball, Sam Bradford has never really recovered from tearing the same ACL twice. My fear is that Jabari becomes the basketball version of Sam Bradford.

Dumb is ignoring the evidence right before your eyes that Rudy makes the Jazz worse. What's the Jazz record with Rudy in the lineup this year vs without him? And when did Mitchell go on his tear that had people thinking possible superstar? Right around the time Gobert went out? And how has he looked since Gobert came back? Like a rookie.

He can't drive and dish to Gobert like he can with favors, because Gobert can't catch the ball. It affects his entire game.

But your one-liner was pretty cute and witty and will probably get you some likes from the other Gobert honks so you got that going for you.

Dumb is ignoring the evidence right before your eyes that Rudy makes the Jazz worse. What's the Jazz record with Rudy in the lineup this year vs without him? And when did Mitchell go on his tear that had people thinking possible superstar? Right around the time Gobert went out? And how has he looked since Gobert came back? Like a rookie.

He can't drive and dish to Gobert like he can with favors, because Gobert can't catch the ball. It affects his entire game.

But your one-liner was pretty cute and witty and will probably get you some likes from the other Gobert honks so you got that going for you.
Are you familiar with the saying "correlation does not equal causation"?

lol ok now please take offense you are reeeeaaalllly dumb. I don't think you've watched or understand much basketball. You obviously didn't watch last year at all. "Gobert Honks" The NBA decided he was second team all NBA ... ffs

Are you familiar with the term "at what point does it stop being a coincidence?"
When the sample is large enough. And according to you that seems to be 4 games.

The team was winning due to unsustainable hot shooting, easy schedule and amazing play by Burks, DM, Jonas, Favors, etc. The offense clicked against bad defenses. Inserting Rudy into the lineup was a big adjustment for everyone but we have also played harder opponents. It seems we overhyped the team a bit. And now that we struggle against good opponents (4 games, 3 loses) you conclude Rudy makes the Jazz worse?. You may have a point in terms of chemistry between DM and Favors but Rudy is the more impactful (and better) player. Give the team some time to figure things out.