Is Friday’s game the most important game of the season?

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
During either the '09 or '10 season, I went to a Jazz game late in the season. The game was pretty important for playoff positioning. My friends and I arrived early, we went down close to the court to watch some of the players practicing. Jerry Sloan was out talking to some people nearby, and then walked past us. As he was walking past I said "Big game tonight Jerry, good luck!". He didn't look at me as he walked by, but he said back "Every game is a big game."

I think of that everytime I see Handlogten's Heros post.
Jerry was the best... he gets it.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
I’m hearing rumors that if we win, then Denver will be dealt a loss. That sounds like a crazy good deal.
Whoa. Slow down, there. Yes, they would be dealt a loss. But no more a loss than their 22 other losses. They are the same. You don’t get a bonus for Denver getting another L.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Denver is going to realize they need to drop to the 4th seed to avoid the Lakers in the 1st round. I think they'll chill and lose a couple games to achieve that. If the Clippers beat the Lakers tonight, it will become more clear that the Lakers are headed for the 6th or 7th seed, and Denver will let up.

Jazz want the win to stay in the 1st seed. Should be a fascinating game though to see how the Jazz handle Jokic.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Denver is going to realize they need to drop to the 4th seed to avoid the Lakers in the 1st round. I think they'll chill and lose a couple games to achieve that. If the Clippers beat the Lakers tonight, it will become more clear that the Lakers are headed for the 6th or 7th seed, and Denver will let up.

Jazz want the win to stay in the 1st seed. Should be a fascinating game though to see how the Jazz handle Jokic.
Denver would be hoping to draw Dallas or Portland or something in the first round?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app