Is Friday’s game the most important game of the season?

Jazzmix

We are playing at home and can be more confident after last games. I hope Rudy manages to slow down Jokic, it could help him secure the DPOY.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
No different than any other game on the schedule. As we saw, the Jazz can lose to anyone and the losses count the same. One might say each game is a must win game.
Yes, wins count as wins just the same, but the great thing about playing an opponent is that it’s not just about you picking up a win, but also your opponent picking up a loss. I know that sounds crazy, but it’s true. And in this scenario, it’d be Denver picking up the loss. Yes, a loss vs. us counts as much as a loss vs. Chicago, but in this crazy scenario where the stars align, these two things can happen on the same night, and the Clippers can increase their chances of the third seed.

MT Steve

Contributor
I think it’s a must win game.
During either the '09 or '10 season, I went to a Jazz game late in the season. The game was pretty important for playoff positioning. My friends and I arrived early, we went down close to the court to watch some of the players practicing. Jerry Sloan was out talking to some people nearby, and then walked past us. As he was walking past I said "Big game tonight Jerry, good luck!". He didn't look at me as he walked by, but he said back "Every game is a big game."

I think of that everytime I see Handlogten's Heros post.

FAILED STATE

Yes, wins count as wins just the same, but the great thing about playing an opponent is that it’s not just about you picking up a win, but also your opponent picking up a loss. I know that sounds crazy, but it’s true. And in this scenario, it’d be Denver picking up the loss. Yes, a loss vs. us counts as much as a loss vs. Chicago, but in this crazy scenario where the stars align, these two things can happen on the same night, and the Clippers can increase their chances of the third seed.
You, sir, are a gawddamn wizard. Let your magic ring true!!1!