What's new

Is Friday’s game the most important game of the season?

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
A lot of implications for this one. With the Suns’ loss tonight, it puts our fate back in our own hands. Denver is our toughest opponent left on our schedule and being able to keep that one in the win column drastically improves our chances of maintaining the first seed. Also, Denver is currently tied with LAC and own the tie-breaker, so beating Denver pushes them closer to finishing 4th and securing LAC in the three spot with a hopeful LAL 6th seed. When we were rolling, it was Denver who beat us in the 20-1 streak we rolled off (or whatever it was), and now that Denver is hot, it would be great to beat them. With two guys presumably out, it’d be a huge statement game to knock them off.

Seriously though we need to go 5-1 for the one seed. The tiebreak is a bitch. Friday is winnable with both team being short handed.

I’m going to the GS game Monday which means they will lose... I’m terrible luck.

The Lakers and Clippers play tomorrow. That’s a tough one because we need the Clippers in third and need to make sure the Lakers don’t fall to 7th.

Amazing how well Denver is playing - especially considering Aaron Gordon has turned out to be a complete wet fart. Zero points last night, Lol.

I’d like to see Q use some different combos on Jokic. Like, Ilyasova guarding him while Rudy roams. That kind of thing showed promise last year in the playoffs with Morgan, but we essentially ditched it when Conley returned.

If you haven’t watched Jokic lately..... it’s ****ing impressive. I think he’s clearly the mvp.

I’d like to see Q use some different combos on Jokic. Like, Ilyasova guarding him while Rudy roams. That kind of thing showed promise last year in the playoffs with Morgan, but we essentially ditched it when Conley returned.

If you haven’t watched Jokic lately..... it’s ****ing impressive. I think he’s clearly the mvp.
I think they tried some stuff last time around and it was pretty bad. Nuggs were insanely hot so I don’t think anything would work.

I wonder if Rudy can be more effective on Jokic now that he doesn’t have the guard help. I’d like to see if he has it in him to just frustrate the guy and hopefully the rest of the defense holds up.

I think they tried some stuff last time around and it was pretty bad. Nuggs were insanely hot so I don’t think anything would work.

I wonder if Rudy can be more effective on Jokic now that he doesn’t have the guard help. I’d like to see if he has it in him to just frustrate the guy and hopefully the rest of the defense holds up.
Up until the playoffs you’d typically see Rudy holding him to <5 pts.

He always has to guard help. That’s the entire bread to our sandwich.

We are playing at home and can be more confident after last games. I hope Rudy manages to slow down Jokic, it could help him secure the DPOY.

No different than any other game on the schedule. As we saw, the Jazz can lose to anyone and the losses count the same. One might say each game is a must win game.
Yes, wins count as wins just the same, but the great thing about playing an opponent is that it’s not just about you picking up a win, but also your opponent picking up a loss. I know that sounds crazy, but it’s true. And in this scenario, it’d be Denver picking up the loss. Yes, a loss vs. us counts as much as a loss vs. Chicago, but in this crazy scenario where the stars align, these two things can happen on the same night, and the Clippers can increase their chances of the third seed.