What's new

Is Friday’s game the most important game of the season?

I think it’s a must win game.
During either the '09 or '10 season, I went to a Jazz game late in the season. The game was pretty important for playoff positioning. My friends and I arrived early, we went down close to the court to watch some of the players practicing. Jerry Sloan was out talking to some people nearby, and then walked past us. As he was walking past I said "Big game tonight Jerry, good luck!". He didn't look at me as he walked by, but he said back "Every game is a big game."

I think of that everytime I see Handlogten's Heros post.

Yes, wins count as wins just the same, but the great thing about playing an opponent is that it’s not just about you picking up a win, but also your opponent picking up a loss. I know that sounds crazy, but it’s true. And in this scenario, it’d be Denver picking up the loss. Yes, a loss vs. us counts as much as a loss vs. Chicago, but in this crazy scenario where the stars align, these two things can happen on the same night, and the Clippers can increase their chances of the third seed.
You, sir, are a gawddamn wizard. Let your magic ring true!!1!

During either the '09 or '10 season, I went to a Jazz game late in the season. The game was pretty important for playoff positioning. My friends and I arrived early, we went down close to the court to watch some of the players practicing. Jerry Sloan was out talking to some people nearby, and then walked past us. As he was walking past I said "Big game tonight Jerry, good luck!". He didn't look at me as he walked by, but he said back "Every game is a big game."

I think of that everytime I see Handlogten's Heros post.
Jerry was the best... he gets it.

It is the mustest-winniest of all must-win games.

I’m hearing rumors that if we win, then Denver will be dealt a loss. That sounds like a crazy good deal.
Whoa. Slow down, there. Yes, they would be dealt a loss. But no more a loss than their 22 other losses. They are the same. You don’t get a bonus for Denver getting another L.

Whoa. Slow down, there. Yes, they would be dealt a loss. But no more a loss than their 22 other losses. They are the same. You don’t get a bonus for Denver getting another L.
I guess I need to speak with a more magical wizard.

Denver is going to realize they need to drop to the 4th seed to avoid the Lakers in the 1st round. I think they'll chill and lose a couple games to achieve that. If the Clippers beat the Lakers tonight, it will become more clear that the Lakers are headed for the 6th or 7th seed, and Denver will let up.

Jazz want the win to stay in the 1st seed. Should be a fascinating game though to see how the Jazz handle Jokic.

Denver is going to realize they need to drop to the 4th seed to avoid the Lakers in the 1st round. I think they'll chill and lose a couple games to achieve that. If the Clippers beat the Lakers tonight, it will become more clear that the Lakers are headed for the 6th or 7th seed, and Denver will let up.

Jazz want the win to stay in the 1st seed. Should be a fascinating game though to see how the Jazz handle Jokic.
Denver would be hoping to draw Dallas or Portland or something in the first round?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

A must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must, must win game.

A lot of implications for this one. With the Suns’ loss tonight, it puts our fate back in our own hands. Denver is our toughest opponent left on our schedule and being able to keep that one in the win column drastically improves our chances of maintaining the first seed. Also, Denver is currently tied with LAC and own the tie-breaker, so beating Denver pushes them closer to finishing 4th and securing LAC in the three spot with a hopeful LAL 6th seed. When we were rolling, it was Denver who beat us in the 20-1 streak we rolled off (or whatever it was), and now that Denver is hot, it would be great to beat them. With two guys presumably out, it’d be a huge statement game to knock them off.
We can't just expect a statement game here.

I think the betting community is favoring Denver. Momentum Denver.