What's new

Is Mark Jackson a good fit for the Jazz?

Auto neg activated.

yb8Ma.gif

All the golden state fans are freaking out that Jackson is going to get fired. Hopefully they hire a terrible coach who runs the team into the ground and we have their 2017 lottery pick?

Wondering why they fired him? Warriors haven't been this relevant in decades. Losing to the clips in 7 games isn't all that bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey friends!

Scramantha logging in here from San Francisco, where we're watching the Mark Jackson sh*tcanning go down in real time. In response to would he make a good coach for the Jazz? Hmmmmm..... if by "good coach" you mean "self appointed preacher and vocal piece for the lord and savior who couldn't draw up a single play to safe his life and somehow can't get the greatest shooter in basketball a semi-open shot AND somebody with the personality of a can of smashed cornholes" then yeah... maybe.

A decent motivator, and an awful coach. Quite possibly the worst strategist I have seen. You have never, ever heard an NBA coach self congratulate for mediocre performance more than this guy. "Hey, we got the 13th best record in the league... who expected that from us? None of you. But we did!".

Wondering why they fired him? Warriors haven't been this relevant in decades. Losing to the clips in 7 games isn't all that bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ummm, let's see:
1. Was responsible for three assistants leaving/getting reassigned or fired. Tried to fire one in front of players.
2. Reportedly objected to having Jerry West attend practices (the LEGENDARY Jerry West, hired by Joe Lacob).
3. 9-10 record in post-season, viewed as underachieving.

Great to see the old "cheaters never prosper" adage come true. Jackson is a snake in clerical clothing. Go fleece your flock, Reverend Mark.

that was actually unexpected, i thought he did a nice job
You don't follow other teams much, do you?
It's been widely reported, speculated on for months that only a DEEP playoff run might save his job. W's were expected to be a contender by ownership this season, especially after the Utah trade that enabled them to get Iggy.

it's a retarded move unless they are sure of getting a top name. they took a 3 seed without Bogut to a 7 game thrilling series. they overachieved all year in the wild wild west. jackson wasn't the problem. he was doing a fine job.

You don't follow other teams much, do you?
It's been widely reported, speculated on for months that only a DEEP playoff run might save his job. W's were expected to be a contender by ownership this season, especially after the Utah trade that enabled them to get Iggy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNzBgR0UoYo

it's a retarded move unless they are sure of getting a top name. they took a 3 seed without Bogut to a 7 game thrilling series. they overachieved all year in the wild wild west. jackson wasn't the problem. he was doing a fine job.
I think they underachieved in the regular season, actually. Almost every team goes through injuries. The exception in the WC was Portland, as only Aldridge missed a handful of games. But Clippers and Houston had almost as many games lost amongst their starters to injuries as did GS. Jackson's fate was sealed as the W's never challenged for the 4th seed and home court advantage. With 10-15 games left, they were still in danger of not making the playoffs.

But it is a case, much like it was with Hollins, of a team not reaching ownership's expectations rather than a reflection on the coach's ability. Jackson is a good coach; but he's arrogant and egotistical. He alienates the people around him. And you just can't do that if you want to keep your job...unless your name is Phil Jackson and you're winning titles.

Ummm, let's see:
1. Was responsible for three assistants leaving/getting reassigned or fired. Tried to fire one in front of players.
2. Reportedly objected to having Jerry West attend practices (the LEGENDARY Jerry West, hired by Joe Lacob).
3. 9-10 record in post-season, viewed as underachieving.

Great to see the old "cheaters never prosper" adage come true. Jackson is a snake in clerical clothing. Go fleece your flock, Reverend Mark.

Can't say I agree based on the games that I saw GS play. All we know about those conflicts are what has been in the media -- it seems from all reports posted by players that they were strongly in support of Jackson. I think that management should've taken their comments more seriously.

You might consider by comparison that no Jazz players made such vocal supportive comments about Corbin.