What's new

Is Quin really a good coach?

Remember when the Spurs starters would get out played by a team and Popovic would sit his starters and ride his bench that played with passion? I can remember lots of times when that happened?

How about when the Kings or old school Warriors or the Pesky Timberwolves that rode the passionate play of scrubs to wins on our home court because they rode a hot hand.

Quin can't see when a player is hot or cold. He won't ride the players that are on but seems to punish them.

Remember when the Spurs starters would get out played by a team and Popovic would sit his starters and ride his bench that played with passion? I can remember lots of times when that happened?

How about when the Kings or old school Warriors or the Pesky Timberwolves that rode the passionate play of scrubs to wins on our home court because they rode a hot hand.

Quin can't see when a player is hot or cold. He won't ride the players that are on but seems to punish them.

It’s really weird. And I watched Pop for a full decade. I know EXACTLY what you mean. It seems as if the Utah Jazz are NOT the next Spurs. The inability to adapt or maintain accountability by both the front office and the coaching is frustrating - cuz I’m from out of state and really learned to love the Jazz since Quin’s arrival. I would be shocked if Snyder were traded - does that even ever happen anymore????

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Utah coach Quin Snyder said it was hard to have a normal preparation for Wednesday's game because of the difficulty concentrating on basketball while watching the violence in Washington.

The most stupid excuse I've ever hear. It's sad what we've seen in DC but this is his duty to make a team perform. We're very weak no ID team right now and this is because of QS.

It is time for me to have more distance between my being a Jazz "fan" and have more realistic expectations for this team. I am too emotionally tapped into this team.
The ups and downs of this team on showing up and playing great and then not playing great is too painful. I am going to have to take the same approach I did with politics and just remove myself from it and not be as involved.

I just don't understand the lack of having additional players involved in the rotation and having the same liabilities over and over.

Utah coach Quin Snyder said it was hard to have a normal preparation for Wednesday's game because of the difficulty concentrating on basketball while watching the violence in Washington.

The most stupid excuse I've ever hear. It's sad what we've seen in DC but this is his duty to make a team perform. We're very weak no ID team right now and this is because of QS.
Link?

Lamest excuse ever. The preperation wasn't terrible. It was the lack of adjustments that was head scratching. Tibbs seemed fine.

Quin sounds like Trump with the excuses and not accepting defeat...

I followed the activities in DC and managed a workforce of over 500 in 2 buildings handling distribution for post-Christmas sales for a dozen customers. And we had an incredibly successful day. I'm sure talking to a dozen guys about basketball was unbelievable difficult. He has my pity.

The thread is over. QUIN STAYS because he is a player's coach. Most of HC are nice polite full of empathy listeners of their Players. They love their job so love theirs stars.

I still think oni and Shaq should be taking some of bogies Joe’s and royces minutes as well as all of Niangs.

Bogie will figure things out... but I'd be fine with him winding down to 25 minutes a game until he does. I think having him and DM struggling together is just murdering us. If one of them has a bad night we can figure it out if the other is solid.

Good assistant coaches stay for a while and leave for bigger roles - it happens all the time. Not really concerned so much about that part, or that it’s necessarily indicative of any lack of support for the job that he’s done.

That's one perspective, the other is they no longer buy into his system, vision or philosophy.

That's one perspective, the other is they no longer buy into his system, vision or philosophy.

It’s possible. Idk. Hard to say. What we can judge is the quality of performances that he’s getting out of his biggest players right now, and it’s not great - and I don’t care about the circumstances out of their control. For him to use the lunacy and insurrection at the Capitol as any kind of excise for why they didn’t play well is also not good.

It’s possible. Idk. Hard to say. What we can judge is the quality of performances that he’s getting out of his biggest players right now, and it’s not great - and I don’t care about the circumstances out of their control. For him to use the lunacy and insurrection at the Capitol as any kind of excise for why they didn’t play well is also not good.

I don't know why we signed Shaq. He is about as useful to Quin right now as Brock Motum, Kevin Murphy or Pierre Jackson.

I certainly don't understand everything Quinn does or why he does it but this thread has some of the dumbest and most emotionally overreacting comments ever on Jazzfanz.

He’s really a good coach. Not sure he’s a really good coach.
I don’t feel terrible about this assessment in the net, but I gotta say haters have been up in the ****ing night. Quin obviously is and has been a good coach, and he’s gonna take home at least one trophy this year.