What's new

Is Quin really a good coach?

He feels like a floor raiser. Could elevate a bad roster to being decent. That’s what he did with the Jazz at the start.

His coaching traits haven’t carried over very well with having a whole lot more talent available to him.

Time for a Mark Jackson to Steve Kerr transition then? He’s under contract til what 2024? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Time for a Mark Jackson to Steve Kerr transition then? He’s under contract til what 2024? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
He could be traded in a second. Another team would give up something for him. I think we are selling him short. I have more questions about the front office than I do Quin.

Yes he's a good coach. QS happens to be up against good coaches and very very good players and so mistakes are made. thats how it works.

He played 500 minutes when the season was already over for the Bulls. A 500 minutes sample size isn't much regardless of what part of the season it was anyways. The year before he played 1400 minutes. He was not NBA level during that season.
You're making up a lot of arbitrary rules here to stick to your point.

A 500 minute sample size is pretty big. And the season being "over" doesn't mean the stats are meaningless. Teams are still trying to beat the Bulls. If anything, his on/off metrics painting a favorable picture for him even with his team 'tanking' should be a point in his favor, not against.

You're making up a lot of arbitrary rules here to stick to your point.

A 500 minute sample size is pretty big. And the season being "over" doesn't mean the stats are meaningless. Teams are still trying to beat the Bulls. If anything, his on/off metrics painting a favorable picture for him even with his team 'tanking' should be a point in his favor, not against.

500 minutes is objectively not a lot of minutes. If that’s how you use number, than what do you think of the 1400 minutes where he was awful?

Point is, he’s never played a season where he was a good regular rotation. He has only played one season where he was a regular rotation member, and in that year he (and his +\- metrics) was awful.

500 minutes is objectively not a lot of minutes. If that’s how you use number, than what do you think of the 1400 minutes where he was awful?
I think that was a year earlier, and that players, even older ones, improve as they gain more NBA experience. Look at Ingles.

Point is, he’s never played a season where he was a good regular rotation. He has only played one season where he was a regular rotation member, and in that year he (and his +\- metrics) was awful.

Again, he was a regular rotation member last year, so this is false.

I think that was a year earlier, and that players, even older ones, improve as they gain more NBA experience. Look at Ingles.

Again, he was a regular rotation member last year, so this is false.

If your definition of regular rotation player is <500 minutes and you take what happens in that sample size to heart (especially +/- statistics), I have nothing for you.

Mitchell is about to get Quin fired if he doesn’t step it up. Could get really ugly with 5 more road games. This team gave up last season before the stoppage. Would not be surprised to see Quin lose the locker room again.

I have this strange feeling that DL have a lot of say in Quins rotation. He benched Conley last year but later on Joe was benched instead. Seems like he want to experiment but DL want to make us superstar friendly.

I have this strange feeling that DL have a lot of say in Quins rotation. He benched Conley last year but later on Joe was benched instead. Seems like he want to experiment but DL want to make us superstar friendly.
DL is an idiot

He hit his ceiling in the 2018 playoffs, ever since we have seen nothing special... Plus, it doesn't look like he has been concentrating on basketball 100% this last year, kind of like DM. :rolleyes:

Lineups (>25min) :
Conley-Mitchell-Ingles-O'Neale-Gobert (36min) - ORTG 116 DRTG 97.3 NET +18.7
Conley-Clarkson-Ingles-Niang-Gobert (26min) - ORTG 96.8 DRTG 84.8 NET +11.9
Conley-Mitchell-O'Neale-Bogdanovic-Gobert (86min) - ORTG 101.7 DRTG 108.4 NET -6.7
Mitchell-Ingles-O'Neale-Bogdanovic-Favors (34min) - ORTG 86.1 DRTG 112.3 NET -26.2

Bogdanovic must be benched.

Last edited:
Quin is the main reason we lost tonight. Period. No adjustments when the Knicks did the same things over and over.

The other 3 most responsible for the loss - BOGDONAVIC (when i can't shoot I am a liability), MITCHELL (a fragment of himself without Johnny Bryant?), GOBERT (valuing himself more than everyone else, then show no passion now that you got paid).