What's new

Israel-Hamas War

How does this help anything?

Israeli settlers have expanded their attacks on aid trucks passing through the West Bank this month, blocking food from reaching Gaza as humanitarian groups warn that the enclave is sinking deeper into famine.

Groups of settler youth are tailing relief convoys, setting up checkpoints and interrogating drivers. In some cases, far-right attackers have ransacked and burned trucks and beaten Palestinian drivers, leaving at least two hospitalized.

The assailants use a web of publicly accessible WhatsApp groups to track the trucks and coordinate attacks, providing a window into their activities. Working off what they say are tips from Israeli soldiers and police, in addition to the public, members pore over photos to work out which vehicles might be carrying aid to Gaza and mobilize local supporters to block them.

Last edited:
Such a weird way to report that news. The tag line doesn't tell you how many hostages were freed, but instead give you the number of hostage takers who died in trying to keep the hostages from being reunited with their families. It is like giving a review on Schindler's List saying the movie was about a hundred thousand German people dying in Poland near some hostages.

Not hard to understand….

“There’s been so much death and destruction, and no let-up from the crisis in Gaza and with Hezbollah … This is a major moment of relief. Everyone cried when they heard the news that four hostages were free,” said Zonszein.

“People have not cared about the Palestinian casualty count the whole time, and the media doesn’t really report it, so I wouldn’t expect them to start caring about it now, during of all things a rescue operation. As we have seen before, there is an Israeli narrative in the war, and an international narrative, and they don’t really meet.”

Such a weird way to report that news. The tag line doesn't tell you how many hostages were freed, but instead give you the number of hostage takers who died in trying to keep the hostages from being reunited with their families. It is like giving a review on Schindler's List saying the movie was about a hundred thousand German people dying in Poland near some hostages.
Seems like an odd spin on your part. The piece talked mostly about the high civilian casualties. I know footage I saw included many children, some with missing limbs. The first line in the write up stated how many hostages were freed. The article also included criticism of Hamas:

“The bloodshed on the ground prompted a rare venting of criticism at Hamas from people in Gaza.

Hassan Omar, 37, said he lamented the unnecessary loss of lives in Israeli strikes, telling the BBC: "For each Israeli hostage they could have freed 80 Palestinian prisoners and without any bloodshed - [that] is a million times better than losing 100 dead.

"My message to Hamas is stopping the loss is part of the gain, we should get rid of those who control us from Qatar hotels.”

In fact, the only mention I could find of the “hostage takers” at all:

“Defence Minister Yoav Gallant said special forces operated "under heavy fire" when rescuing the hostages. One special forces officer was wounded and later died in hospital”.

The descriptions in the article were almost entirely about casualties among the civilians, not casulties among the hostage takers of Hamas at all. The emphasis of the piece was the many non combatant deaths, women and children…..

So again, I find you interpretation far weirder than the article itself. I believe it’s human to care about both innocent Gazans and Israeli hostages.

I know footage I saw included many children, some with missing limbs.
I’m going to need to see the footage you are referring to because I’ve seen no footage of the operation to free the hostages that showed Israeli soldiers shooting civilians. I’ve only seen undated b-roll of Palestinians in medical facilities with a voiceover describing current events.

Remember, this was a hostage rescue. It had to be surgical or Israel would have risked killing its own people. The narrative of indiscriminate killing or there only being civilians around the abducted Israeli people is nonsensical. The ONLY people who would believe this are those who already hate Jews and want their feelings affirmed.

It all boils down to this: The reason bullets were flying on that day was because Israeli hostages were taken and being held against their will. If anyone is upset at who those flying bullets may have hit then see the reason why the bullets were flying on that day.