What's new

Its Time to Tank

I agree with Cy on this one. If we are healthy we are good. We are a playoff team. We are consistently good. When we are unhealthy we are inconsistent (although still surprisingly mostly good) which makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
We arent inconsistent though, even with players out. That's such a BS thing to say and clearly shows you have no idea what actual inconsistency in the NBA looks like.

The Jazz have been in more clutch games than anyone in the NBA. The Jazz have failed in those minutes because of the Conley injury, but they have been incredibly consistent game to game with making every game a winnable contest.

I dont think any other team in the NBA could have their 2nd best player out (along with other injuries) and play as well as we did. We nearly beat the freaking Nuggets without Lauri, Sexton, Conley, or Clarkson.

We arent inconsistent though, even with players out. That's such a BS thing to say and clearly shows you have no idea what actual inconsistency in the NBA looks like.

The Jazz have been in more clutch games than anyone in the NBA. The Jazz have failed in those minutes because of the Conley injury, but they have been incredibly consistent game to game with making every game a winnable contest.

I dont think any other team in the NBA could have their 2nd best player out (along with other injuries) and play as well as we did. We nearly beat the freaking Nuggets without Lauri, Sexton, Conley, or Clarkson.

Lol. I agreed with you. I think we have been very consistently good all season. Even when we were missing some of our best players. We just werent as good without some of our best players and that makes sense and is expected. So were werent consistent with our win/losses.

Just like i said in the post you quoted and tried so hard to disagree with.
Sorry cy we feel the exact same way on this topic. I hope you are ok with that.

Lol. I agreed with you. I think we have been very consistently good all season. Even when we were missing some of our best players. We just werent as good without some of our best players and that makes sense and is expected. So were werent consistent with our win/losses.

Just like i said in the post you quoted and tried so hard to disagree with.
Sorry cy we feel the exact same way on this topic. I hope you are ok with that.

Good lord man.

I agree with Cy on this one. If we are healthy we are good. We are a playoff team. We are consistently good. When we are unhealthy we are inconsistent (although still surprisingly mostly good) which makes sense.

Also i think most fans pull their hair out about this. Even great teams lose to bad teams and get blown out sometimes. Its an 82 game season in a make or miss nba. Its gonna happen and happen somewhat frequently.

I think the sample size is still a bit small to say this definitively. We have had about 2/3 our season so far healthy and about 1/3 with significant injuries. So for about 20 games we were doing well, 13-7 I think, and for the other 10 or so we did poorly, 3-7. But no one would make full judgements on a season on a 16 game sample, and the difference between healthy and not healthy is striking, enough to show that our vaunted depth isn't really as deep as we think, which is telling for the success of a team on the full season. I think until we get past the all-star break and put some streaks together, good or bad, we are still a bit of a crap shoot as to which way we will go in any given game. In the 3 games since Conley has been back we are 1-2. The one game with pretty much everyone healthy, last night, we won solidly. However, just as you said about every team in an 82-game season, how much was us being a truly solid team built for success and how much was us having a good defensive night and the Pels just being off in their shooting, you know, because that happens in an 82-game season. Plus they were missing a key cog, which would have given us real matchup problems. So that all has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Also for a lot of our losing in the last 9 games we had literally everyone except Conley. If a player like Conley is seriously the sole difference between contender and bottom-feeder then we are even more inconsistent than we thought. He is undoubtedly important to our success, but he is no Kawhi or LBJ or Steph, for him to have that big an impact on the team's success. Just speaks more to the inconsistency of this team so far this season, and the real issues we have with depth. And even the 5 games before Conley went out we went 2-3, with 3 consecutive losses, to Wash, Philly and NY, 2 of which we really should have won at least.

However it is true that our biggest strength as a team is we have no quit. We have not been blown out, and in fact have not really been in serious danger of being blown out yet. The worst loss we have had so far was a 16 point loss to the Nuggets in game 6. That is a good sign, we just don't give up.

But it is nearly impossible to say what kind of team we are right now based on the haphazard play so far this season. We will definitely learn more as the season progresses, meanwhile we will find out on an nightly basis which Jazz team is playing that night, and enjoy the ride as it happens.

I think both sides are correct. We are the most consistent team in one sense, and most inconsistent in another.

We are consistent in the sense that we always show up and give the other team their money's worth. We also dont get blown out.

We are inconsistent in relation to expectations. We win games we arent expected to win and lose games we arent expected to lose. Vegas must hate us.

If a player like Conley is seriously the sole difference between contender and bottom-feeder then we are even more inconsistent than we thought.
Its not the player, its what he brings to the table. Playmaking from backcourt.

JC also started reverting to his 6th man stuff even before Conley went down, which just put too much on Sextons shoulders.

We were in games, but we couldnt get the ball to Lauri late, which caused JC to take every game into his own hands in the 4th. That was the losing formula.

The emergence of NAW might help us with this depth weakness.

As for consistency, the suns got smoked by the rockets just last night lol. Also the pelicans got smoked by the jazz. Its an 82 game season in a make or miss league. Really hard to be consistent as teams will have bad shooting nights or not get a good whistle from the refs and guys are in and out of lineups all the time and back to backs with rest advantages and disadvantages etc etc.
I think we have been more consistently good than anyone expected.

Its not the player, its what he brings to the table. Playmaking from backcourt.

JC also started reverting to his 6th man stuff even before Conley went down, which just put too much on Sextons shoulders.

We were in games, but we couldnt get the ball to Lauri late, which caused JC to take every game into his own hands in the 4th. That was the losing formula.

The emergence of NAW might help us with this depth weakness.
This.

Conley playing means that we have one actual PG, a patient veteran who dribbles with his head up and doesn't spaz out the second he sees the rim.

It's contageous. The same way looking for your own shot is contageous.

This.

Conley playing means that we have one actual PG, a patient veteran who dribbles with his head up and doesn't spaz out the second he sees the rim.

Yeah, Conley's approach in a nutshell - dribbles with his head up looking for the best play. Some players will always be better at it than others.

This.

At least this man lets us think we can rely on him. Maybe he doesn't always succeed. But there is some confidence in him.

Hey, everybody.

Tbh we look better than our record. A few close game losses, missing key players and running 2 SGs. I think the trio of conley-lauri-jc is the key. Take one out and it impacts the other.

I agree. The premise of this thread is to trade vets and key the young players take the reins.
Conley, KO, and gay need to be gone asap. Im on the fence with clarkson. He can do things that no one else can do for us and is a fan favorite.

Conley, KO, and gay need to be gone asap. Im on the fence with clarkson. He can do things that no one else can do for us and is a fan favorite.
Sure those trades help the tank?

You a double agent posting championship tank stuff in actual tank thread?