What's new

Its Time to Tank

We almost have the hardest schedule remaining. The next team below us is Bulls (Who the Jazz can feasibility go lower than). They really have no reason to lose. The Pacers have a relatively easy schedule. Orlando is the middle of the pack. We could really fall to 5th worst pretty quickly. If I was a betting man I'd say we finish 6th worst overrall.

View attachment 13992
Bulls are tanking for the top 4 imo. It is not that difficult to see why. They have no shot at winning in the playoffs this season are an aging roster and still have injuries plaguing them. Risking giving up their pick to ORL even if it is 5th despite more likely 8th is not any worse than getting a top 4 pick and than having to instead give ORL the Bulls pick in 24 which is far more likely to be late lottery at best.
They are tanking their asses off imo.
As far as us getting to 5th worse it is a pipe dream nothing more.

The Jazz have to add another player by the end of next week in addition to Dunn. Play that guy, Juzang and Potter heavy minutes. It will all be part of player development.

As depressing as it is, I guess, the ship has sailed. Tbh, if one has to tank, this is the way to do it. This has been an incredible season until trade deadline. And still we have a competing team. And Lauri might still make the All NBA team.

But if this continues next season I am signing out. I simply cannot support a team that wants to lose. There is nothing as sorry as the Rocket's fanbase.. ..except the team itself. There is simply nothing to be gained on that route.

As depressing as it is, I guess, the ship has sailed. Tbh, if one has to tank, this is the way to do it. This has been an incredible season until trade deadline. And still we have a competing team. And Lauri might still make the All NBA team.

But if this continues next season I am signing out. I simply cannot support a team that wants to lose. There is nothing as sorry as the Rocket's fanbase.. ..except the team itself. There is simply nothing to be gained on that route.
I'm quite certain this is a one and done for the Jazz. And like you said, as far as 'tanking' seasons go this one has been pretty great. Stick the landing in these last few weeks, and the future is bright and tank free.

I'm quite certain this is a one and done for the Jazz. And like you said, as far as 'tanking' seasons go this one has been pretty great. Stick the landing in these last few weeks, and the future is bright and tank free.
we were never doing the SAS DET HOU CHA level tanking though. I mean we can do this little mini tank in the name of late season development, since we moved so many rotation players at the deadline, but it isn't likely getting us any superstar caliber conscript. Maybe, one that becomes one in 6 years as a developmental upside prospect that will surely help next seasons "real tank". Assuming we get a pick next year smh

We are playoff bound next season. No tank next year. Only way I could see a tank happening is due to injury. Like the spurs when david robinson got hurt and they drafted Duncan. And in that scenario I would be ok with it if it lead to a dynasty full of championships.

we were never doing the SAS DET HOU CHA level tanking though. I mean we can do this little mini tank in the name of late season development, since we moved so many rotation players at the deadline, but it isn't likely getting us any superstar caliber conscript. Maybe, one that becomes one in 6 years as a developmental upside prospect that will surely help next seasons "real tank". Assuming we get a pick next year smh
Not really sure what you're saying. I don't agree at all that we will tank next year. And we would prefer to NOT have a pick.

We are playoff bound next season. No tank next year. Only way I could see a tank happening is due to injury. Like the spurs when david robinson got hurt and they drafted Duncan. And in that scenario I would be ok with it if it lead to a dynasty full of championships.
Agree… enjoy the tank now… we pushing that **** over a cliff this offseason.

With what players? These, give or take a few?

Yeah right.
Lauri/Kessler/Sexton/JC (he’s coming back)… add in a couple FAs and a couple high level rookies. KO likely comes back as a third big he’s fine. Ochai is whatevs but he’s at least rotation worthy. Keep Dunn he’s a keeper for sure. Only way we miss the play in is if we try to miss the play in or Lauri gets hurt early in the season.

Also Gay is sent to Siberia…

Not really sure what you're saying. I don't agree at all that we will tank next year. And we would prefer to NOT have a pick.
yeah probably wont be able to tank if we get somebody good this draft that is a win now higher floor type. But, we are just as likely to draft a project that won't help us win in fact will help us lose in their rookie season. Well, unless DA and Hardy are fine with giving this years Jazz rooks the Agbaji treatment instead of the Walker run. no pun intended.
If we don't tank at all next season it will be because we have no first rounder, but at the same time, I am not sure this team isn't worse by record at the end of the season than they were this year either. Lot is riding on what other moves are made this summer. win now or win later.

never going to be that good of odds. Way too many teams in the East with worse records not trying to win, and several teams in the West with incentive to tank more than win , even if we also are now throwing in the towel, which we probably are. Outside of LAL who are struggling but have every incentive in the world to win in the hopes Lebron can return for the play in. Oh anf NOP owns their pick so there is that as well. You can't name one other team that is a half game or 1 game better than the Jazz that is a lock to make the play in more than us.
We will be in the 9-12 range even if we lose 75% of the remaining games imo

We're literally 4 games out of the 5th worst record. Lakers are 7-3 in their last 10 and they're going to have a better record than us, as are Portland, OKC and the NOP. After two rounds of trading away talent we're going to lose a lot more. There's a chance one of the Eastern teams in our current W/L range having a worse record than us and we end up with the 6th or 7th worst record. I will be surprised if we finish with the 8th worst record or higher. I'm hoping we end with the 5th worst though I expect us to be 6th or 7th.

Say we draft Cason Wallace, sign Josh Richardson, and trade for DFS... pretty meh offseason... and yet.

Richardson
JC
DFS
Lauri
Kessler

with Sexton, Ochai, Wallace KO off the bench. Plus the other rookies... That will be a playoff team.

Say we draft Cason Wallace, sign Josh Richardson, and trade for DFS... pretty meh offseason... and yet.

Richardson
JC
DFS
Lauri
Kessler

with Sexton, Ochai, Wallace KO off the bench. Plus the other rookies... That will be a playoff team.
And that's a pretty mid offseason.