What's new

Its Time to Tank

One thing is sure: Lauri has a little chance for the all-nba so he will not be sat out for the tank. Rule numer 1 is not to make the main guy annoyed.

BUT: if Collin and JC still sit out games we lose a lot bc there is not enough scoring to compensate all of our turnovers. I they get into these games we ight win much more than tank is needing.

Blazers choked hard

Say we end up with the 8th or 9th pick, I wonder what's the furthest we could move up if we traded our pick and the Minnesota pick?

Say we end up with the 8th or 9th pick, I wonder what's the furthest we could move up if we traded our pick and the Minnesota pick?
It really depends on where Minnesota’s pick ends up. If it’s 8/11 I think we could move up to maybe 4/5. If it’s 8/16 then 6 wouldn’t be out of the question. I could see Ainge doing that for a guy he really likes.

It really depends on where Minnesota’s pick ends up. If it’s 8/11 I think we could move up to maybe 4/5. If it’s 8/16 then 6 wouldn’t be out of the question. I could see Ainge doing that for a guy he really likes.

I wouldn't mind doing it if we could get a guy like Jarace Walker.

I was looking at a bunch of teams schedules and picking who I thought would finish at where. Below is how I think it will roughly turn out. This doesn't take into account injuries or holding people out.

Finishing Position
1-3 = Detroit, Houston, San Antonio
4 = Charlotte
5 = Orlando

6/7 = Indiana, Chicago tie (34-48)
8 = Portland (35-47)
9 = Jazz (36-46)
10/11 = OKC, Washington tie (37-45)
12/13 = Toronto, New Orleans tie (39-43)
14/15 = Atlanta, Minnesota tie (40-42)
16/17 = Dallas, LAL (41-41)
How did you figure Jazz vs POR and Jazz vs OKC would go?

I think those 2 games will be absolutely huge for the final standings.

What if....the Jazz barely makes the playin, then beats the Twolves and then upsets Denver, the paper tiger, in the first round....this board would explode. The only thing that would calm Jazzfanz tankers down would be if the Twolves pick won the 3rd spot or lower in the Lottery.

What if....the Jazz barely makes the playin, then beats the Twolves and then upsets Denver, the paper tiger, in the first round....this board would explode. The only thing that would calm Jazzfanz tankers down would be if the Twolves pick won the 3rd spot or lower in the Lottery.
I dont think play in is in the cards.

Pels next 7 games:
Screenshot_20230311_124720_Chrome.jpg

I think that stretch alone can give them as many wins as our entire remaining schedule.

Since Lakers are hot and Mavs, Warriors and Clippers have too much star power to nose-dive, the only team above us that we might catch is Minny.

Minny next 9 could go anywhere between 1-8 and 5-4 imo. I dont see any gimmies there.
Screenshot_20230311_125253_Chrome.jpg

Tankers would absolutely love that. Just like all the other jazz fans

I dont think play in is in the cards.

Pels next 7 games:
View attachment 14023

I think that stretch alone can give them as many wins as our entire remaining schedule.

Since Lakers are hot and Mavs, Warriors and Clippers have too much star power to nose-dive, the only team above us that we might catch is Minny.

Minny next 9 could go anywhere between 1-8 and 5-4 imo. I dont see any gimmies there.
View attachment 14024
Man, Minny’s schedule is brutal….

Haha I feel like every time we have said that this year they go on a little run. They are so hard to predict.
Yep. We can pretty much count on them to come out of that stretch 5-4 or better because we all think they should struggle.