What's new

Its Time to Tank

Time to close this thread down. We’re going to make the play-in tournament.

Possible but still doubtful IMO. We still have the toughest remaining schedule in the NBA including the Celtics twice, Kings twice, Lakers twice, Suns, Bucks, Nuggets, and Heat. It will be interesting to see how much some of these teams will rest their stars in these remaining games...some of these games that look like losses now could actually end up being wins.

Possible but still doubtful IMO. We still have the toughest remaining schedule in the NBA including the Celtics twice, Kings twice, Lakers twice, Suns, Bucks, Nuggets, and Heat. It will be interesting to see how much some of these teams will rest their stars in these remaining games...some of these games that look like losses now could actually end up being wins.
We are getting Clarkson back soon and probably Sexton too. I think we will win a couple nobody expects us to or like you said a team or two will rest some guys against us.

But are we the team they gamble and rest stars against? Do those team take us seriously enough to play everyone?

I'm still optimistic that Minny will gift us a lottery pick but my hope of getting a high pick was resting on Pels eventually looking like they care about making the playoffs.. I'm losing that hope after OKC blew their tires off in the first half yesterday. That *** of a team is 9-22 in the lords year of 2023 and there is no freaking way our team with all the fight we have in us will be able to match that pace of suckage.

But are we the team they gamble and rest stars against? Do those team take us seriously enough to play everyone?

I'm still optimistic that Minny will gift us a lottery pick but my hope of getting a high pick was resting on Pels eventually looking like they care about making the playoffs.. I'm losing that hope after OKC blew their tires off in the first half yesterday. That *** of a team is 9-22 in the lords year of 2023 and there is no freaking way our team with all the fight we have in us will be able to match that pace of suckage.
Yeah it is a concern that Boston and probably the Bucks are not going to play Tatum on the 2nd night of a back to back or Giannis against us on the first night of a back to back when the next game for them is Denver.
We are just as easily more likely to win those games than any others we play down the stretch.
I like our odds ( not really like them)to beat up on a couple other teams already sitting firmly in the playoffs as well like the Kings and Nets

I just looked at the schedule and saw that we only play twice next week. Monday and Saturday. I don't remember having a 4 day break in the middle of the season before? Kind of crazy.

Us making the playoffs is going to happen fellas.
Probably, but I’ll wait until this next brutal stretch of games is past. Hate to read too much into wins against San Antonio, Orlando and Charlotte.

Miami, Boston, Sacramento, Portland, Milwaukee, Sacramento (again) and Phoenix. Depending on how the game against Portland goes, there’s at least a chance that the Jazz go 0-7 during that frame.

It's a total crapshoot of what teams will be seeded where 6-13 in the west as they are separated by only 4 games. The Jazz could land anywhere in between, but I highly doubt they will be 6th or higher.