What's new

Its Time to Tank

Yeah of course I'm worried about the relationship, that's the most important thing. You don't want the guy disheartened. He's the most important guy on our team right now.

That look I saw at the end of the game wasn't good. Ainge needs to pull him aside and say something.

The Dumbledore treatment isn't gonna work IMO.
One theory I've had also is that Markkanen is chasing that 200 3 point makes (needs 1 more) to help his All-NBA campaign. I mean it sounds fairly convincing if you can say:
1st 7 footer ever to hit 200 3s in a season
1st player ever with 200 3s and 100 dunks in the same season

He has averaged like 10.5 3PAs in past 8 games and 11.5 in the last 4. It just gives me the vibes he is gunning for a number there... since in the year 2023 he has total of 9 games with 10+ attempts from 3 and 4 of those 9 have come in the last 4 games.

Will he pack it after hitting that number? Maybe, or maybe I'm just theorycrafting too much here.

One theory I've had also is that Markkanen is chasing that 200 3 point makes (needs 1 more) to help his All-NBA campaign. I mean it sounds fairly convincing if you can say:

He has averaged like 10.5 3PAs in past 8 games and 11.5 in the last 4. It just gives me the vibes he is gunning for a number there... since in the year 2023 he has total of 9 games with 10+ attempts from 3 and 4 of those 9 have come in the last 4 games.

Will he pack it after hitting that number? Maybe, or maybe I'm just theorycrafting too much here.
To me it looks like he's taking a ton of outside shots because he's tired of being WWE'd to death inside the perimeter.

Ohhh.. I think you might be onto something there... so he has 197 3s now right? How many dunks does he need now?

Thank you for giving me something else to root for to close the season.

Could be that as well.
It was interesting comparing our spacing to the Suns. Whenever Lauri went inside the perimeter and tried to establish position or even curled toward the ball, he was surrounded by 3 Phoenix defenders who all bumped, grabbed and hit him and had no problem cheating off guys like JTA, Kessler and THT. The Suns gladly gave Markkanen the occasional free throw if it meant that he couldn't get into any kind of rhythm. Great game plan.

And when Lauri did get the ball, the defense was set and ready for his every move, and the paint was clogged.

As for the Suns... just incredible. We were face guarding pretty much everyone far out on the perimeter and you could have parked an 18 wheeler into the paint without hitting anyone. In a setup like that, Kessler becomes vulnerable to elite midrange shooters like Booker and CP3. All the space they could ever want.

Ohhh.. I think you might be onto something there... so he has 197 3s now right? How many dunks does he need now?
Has already has 109 dunks and last game put him to 199 3PM... So just missing one 3PM and both of those two statements become true.

Has already has 109 dunks and last game put him to 199 3PM... So just missing one 3PM and both of those two statements become true.
Just let him get that and shut him down then… like i’m sure Ainge has seen enough to say go or no next year.

Lauri is 10 threes away for second most in a single season in Jazz history and 34 away from the single season record.

If Lauri is not hurt let him get that one three pointer against SA and then I am ok if he not sees the court. With games against Celtics and Nets away... And two games against Lakers that the association has marked wins for them - the chances to win enough is not there. The tank is secured. I wanted to see play-off series but I am ok with this now.

Wiz may have given us a gift... but only if we take it... we need to shut down Lauri. Sit him tomorrow and if you lose (we still might win) then you can be justified in thinking you are eliminated from play in and you can shut him down. I doubt anyone truly cares about 200 threes... its certainly not worth risking the tank.

Wiz will only win one more game after this Celtics game... so if you want that spot you must lose em all.

It's looking like we will have the 9th best odds. All the teams
Wiz may have given us a gift... but only if we take it... we need to shut down Lauri. Sit him tomorrow and if you lose (we still might win) then you can be justified in thinking you are eliminated from play in and you can shut him down. I doubt anyone truly cares about 200 threes... its certainly not worth risking the tank.

Wiz will only win one more game after this Celtics game... so if you want that spot you must lose em all.

I think it's going to be tough to lose them all, even if we sit Lauri. Specifically that game against Denver I think we'll win. They will be resting everyone and I bet that our scrubs are better than their scrubs.