What's new

Its Time to Tank

So just a thought
Sexton seems pretty determined to return
Could this perhaps mean Jazz are trying to make playoffs

The team is. But the org. is using the most risk management with injuries. Even that JC had just dislocated finger he might also for personal reasons sit out - he has contract negotiation ahead.
Collin has that MCL history.
Lauri has a contusion just in his off hand and he was was in games even it was in pain. He will be back when he feels there is not too much pain. I think next week.

Last edited:
Because it’s true most days dum dum. Seen the standings lately?
what is true is you post it like something is new smh like every game does not matter with 9 left smh
Or that we are somehow not constantly in and out of the play in situation on a game to game basis. wtf?
It is a ****ing given we might be in the lottery smh , and not worth mentioning it every single ****ing day.

Fact is with the close race to the playoffs we are in, despite your dream that it is a race to the lottery so we can draft the 14th best prospect instead of the 15th. Because that end of the lottery is so great of odds at a top 4 spot smh. I bet you cannot wait to hear the commish claim and picking 14th in the upcoming 2023 nba draft are the Utah Jazz smh.

Granted , it may be this front office is pressuring the coach to bench certain players in your mind, now that the pick we get from the Wolves is far less likely to be in the lottery, at all without them losing 2 play in games instead of 1.
But I think it is just as likely the Finnisher returns tonight or the next game and possibly others like JC and Sexton at some point in the last 9 games to end the season full force proving your dream is dead.
But I am sure you and your dum dum post about us tanking will be here every day until the draft.
In my mind the most fortunate situation of the Wolves being in the lottery for us and us making the play in is doa.
We might miss the play in , lose the play in, win the play int, but its all fluid every day with no standings change meaning **** really until it is over.

I did a little playful experiment about drafting between 8-10 (our pick upside), 11-13 (our pick downside and Minny pick upside) and 14-16 (Minny pick downside).

Between 1973-2022, 150 players were selected in each of those groups.
Pick rangeHOFersOther min All-NBAOther min All-StarTotal star playersChance of landing a star
8-104 (Parish, Sikma, McGrady, Pierce)15133221.3%
11-134 (Wilkes, Malone, Miller, Kobe)5142315.3%
14-164 (Drexler, Stockton, Hardaway, Nash)661610.7%

Few interesting observations from that dataset:
  • Between 2003 and 2012 a total of 6 All-NBA (Bynum, Noah, DeRozan, George, Walker, Drummond) and 3 All-Stars (Iguodala, Lopez, Hayward) were selected in #8-10... but none have been selected in that range since
  • In the last 10 years, #11-13 has been the best (1 All-NBA in Booker and 5 All-Stars in Lavine, Sabonis, Mitchell, SGA, Haliburton)... but only 1 All-NBA (Klay) and 0 All-stars were selected #11-13 in 2003-2012
Had I used the 7-9, 10-12, 13-15 ranges I think the percentages tilt upwards a lot since #7 looked actually pretty strong compared to #10 and for some weird reason #16 seemed pretty good historically.

At the top of the draft (1-3) there are 21 HOF, 37 other All-NBA players and 21 additional All-Stars in that same timeframe... so the best odds of landing a star are natrually in that group with 52.7%. Still a cointoss though.

Catching Portland will be impossible if they sit Dame. They have a pretty tough schedule.

Catching the Wizards and Pacers is possible. Think the Jazz have a ceiling as the 7th best odds of they lose our. Outside chance of catching the Magic as well.

I did a little playful experiment about drafting between 8-10 (our pick upside), 11-13 (our pick downside and Minny pick upside) and 14-16 (Minny pick downside).

Between 1973-2022, 150 players were selected in each of those groups.
Pick rangeHOFersOther min All-NBAOther min All-StarTotal star playersChance of landing a star
8-104 (Parish, Sikma, McGrady, Pierce)15133221.3%
11-134 (Wilkes, Malone, Miller, Kobe)5142315.3%
14-164 (Drexler, Stockton, Hardaway, Nash)661610.7%

Few interesting observations from that dataset:
  • Between 2003 and 2012 a total of 6 All-NBA (Bynum, Noah, DeRozan, George, Walker, Drummond) and 3 All-Stars (Iguodala, Lopez, Hayward) were selected in #8-10... but none have been selected in that range since
  • In the last 10 years, #11-13 has been the best (1 All-NBA in Booker and 5 All-Stars in Lavine, Sabonis, Mitchell, SGA, Haliburton)... but only 1 All-NBA (Klay) and 0 All-stars were selected #11-13 in 2003-2012
Had I used the 7-9, 10-12, 13-15 ranges I think the percentages tilt upwards a lot since #7 looked actually pretty strong compared to #10 and for some weird reason #16 seemed pretty good historically.

At the top of the draft (1-3) there are 21 HOF, 37 other All-NBA players and 21 additional All-Stars in that same timeframe... so the best odds of landing a star are natrually in that group with 52.7%. Still a cointoss though.
With Hardy I’d like to think we’d have a higher than 50% chance hopefully…

With Hardy I’d like to think we’d have a higher than 50% chance hopefully…
I believe coaching and proper player development is much more important than people give it credit for. As is luck, with players landing in right places (and around right people) for them to thrive on and off court.

Catching Portland will be impossible if they sit Dame. They have a pretty tough schedule.

Catching the Wizards and Pacers is possible. Think the Jazz have a ceiling as the 7th best odds of they lose our. Outside chance of catching the Magic as well.

I'm looking at our schedule and it's going to be hard to lose @ SAS and home vs DEN when they are likely to be resting everyone.

Even if we are back to full strength I don't see us winning vs Phoenix or at Boston.

The other games, I think are all toss-ups depending on who we play those games.

So I think we go between 2-6 or 4-4 the rest of the way. I think we would have to lose out to catch Indy or Was.

I'm looking at our schedule and it's going to be hard to lose @ SAS and home vs DEN when they are likely to be resting everyone.

Even if we are back to full strength I don't see us winning vs Phoenix or at Boston.

The other games, I think are all toss-ups depending on who we play those games.

So I think we go between 2-6 or 4-4 the rest of the way. I think we would have to lose out to catch Indy or Was.
Resting is a huge curveball. Who knows who will be resting for these schedules. Could be a big benefit to Utah or a huge thorn.

There are times like the first and third quarters vs the Bucks and the third quarter last night where we look like the worst team in NBA history.

Redundant but those wins last week are going to hurt. While they were fun wins, they were pointless wins.
only pointless if we are now hanging it up, which it is starting to look like may be the case smh. Need to get the Finnisher back on the court asap, and at least try to get the 10th spot, if he is hurt we aint winning past then anyway. Not playing him for whatever reason makes those wins unfiortunately meaningful against us in the lottery race not meaningless as we are now right at the worst spot to be in unable to even fight for a playoff spot but not bad enough to have decent odds at moving up