What's new

Jabari Parker

If we have to take Jabari at $20 this year AND $20 next year, somebody might as well go ahead and close this thread.
He knows Chicago ain’t picking up his second year. There’s no sense in him refusing to go to a place where he’d get a chance just because they won’t pick up the second year. Then again, there was no sense in him doing and saying some of the things he’s done.

I thought exum makes 11 million this year. Hoopshype shows it's 10.6 million. If you add 11 million and the 4 mil from the korver/Burks deal then it totals $15 mil which had me thinking we were within the 25% difference. I think they will be $400,000 short.

If we need a filler, Bradley should be the guy. His salary is $1.6 million. Bradley plus exum equals $12.2 + a $4 mil trade exception puts us within the 25% range. Is that right or do I not know one of the new rules.

WTF do people keep talking about Jabari’s rebounding? This year he’s 8.3 per 36 and career he’s 6.6.

I thought exum makes 11 million this year. Hoopshype shows it's 10.6 million. If you add 11 million and the 4 mil from the korver/Burks deal then it totals $15 mil which had me thinking we were within the 25% difference. I think they will be $400,000 short.

If we need a filler, Bradley should be the guy. His salary is $1.6 million. Bradley plus exum equals $12.2 + a $4 mil trade exception puts us within the 25% range. Is that right or do I not know one of the new rules.

But you can't add trade exceptions to anything for a deal. A trade exception can only be used by itself to acquire a contract that fits within the exception.

For example, we could acquire Kelly Oubre ($3.2 million contract) using the Kyle Korver trade exception ($4 million). We couldn't add the Kyle Korver trade exception to another player to acquire somebody who makes more than $4 million.

And for the record, Exum makes $9.6 million as his base.

Jabari and Quin are both Duke guys and Quin could use the secret handshake with him to play D. Also Jabari is a cousin to the golfers Tony and Gipper Finau. If he starts dogging it the Finau side of the family could slap some sense into him.

Parker is the worst kind of fool's gold. Just say no to Parker.

The Jazz didn't tank for Parker. The Jazz tanked because they sucked and was "trusting the process"
That's revisionist history. They purposely sucked knowing the prize could very well be Parker or Wiggins. I recall Locke saying the Jazz preferred Wiggins, but figured he was just trying to release leverage in case Jazz landed the 2nd pick--everyone in the league talked about Jabbari to the Jazz. And it made sense because the Jazz at the time were desperate for anything to market. Favors, and Burks melted in the spotlight, Hayward was cold and sterile as the salt flats in January. Trey was a one hit wonder who's star burned out before November. Kanter was already on his way out the door. Jazz needed to sell tickets and win, Jabbarri seemingly could help them do both.

Oh, well. Jazz can sign him for a vet minimum in two summers with all that cap flexibility they keep saving.

That's revisionist history. They purposely sucked knowing the prize could very well be Parker or Wiggins. I recall Locke saying the Jazz preferred Wiggins, but figured he was just trying to release leverage in case Jazz landed the 2nd pick--everyone in the league talked about Jabbari to the Jazz. And it made sense because the Jazz at the time were desperate for anything to market. Favors, and Burks melted in the spotlight, Hayward was cold and sterile as the salt flats in January. Trey was a one hit wonder who's star burned out before November. Kanter was already on his way out the door. Jazz needed to sell tickets and win, Jabbarri seemingly could help them do both.

Oh, well. Jazz can sign him for a vet minimum in two summers with all that cap flexibility they keep saving.
Just because your OPINION is different than mine doesn't mean you're right and I'm wrong. The Jazz tried to win all of those games, they just sucked. My original point was that they weren't tanking for Parker, why would they? If anyone, they would rather have Wiggins.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

Just because your OPINION is different than mine doesn't mean you're right and I'm wrong. The Jazz tried to win all of those games, they just sucked. My original point was that they weren't tanking for Parker, why would they? If anyone, they would rather have Wiggins.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app
Yea, you might be right.

Last edited:
I am a Jabari fan but the trade would have to be favors for parker. Those salaries work and that would free up some minutes at pf.

I am not a fan of the trade as I would prefer otto porter jr.

As far as team mates to kick his *** Gobert would. I think Mitchell might too. I know crowder and Thabo would.

Exum I would LOVE to trade but it is hard to see a team wanting him. I still see Phoenix as the best destination. Just wish Warren wasn't playing so well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app