What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

I suspect that most of JFC feels this same (confused) way

The tank has already failed... I honestly can't see us finishing worse than the 10th worst record and that is a stretch... Clips are too hurt, maybe if the Grizz get Conley back. the win streak murdered any tank possibility.

We are drafting somewhere in between 10-16th under most believable scenarios... so I will root for the playoffs but won't be devastated if it doesn't work out.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank1130/nbarank-players-11-30

ESPN had him at #14

https://www.fanragsports.com/2017-nba-offseason-rankings-15-rudy-gobert/

Current 15, ceiling 10

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/09/11/top-100-nba-players-2018-list-rankings

15th.

So I was an average of 5 players off. Dang, my homerism is out of control.

You try to hard. Just like when you tried to call me out on Mitchell being a top 5 rookie a month ago.
The time you said Mitchell was a top 5, he wasn't. I can bump that thread. Gobert, at his highest was rated 14 going into the season. He's never been considered a top 10 like people claim on here. At this point, do you really think the writer still thinks Gobert is 14? No, no he doesn't.

Dat homerism, doe. Live in the now not in the what you want it to be.

The time you said Mitchell was a top 5, he wasn't. I can bump that thread. Gobert, at his highest was rated 14 going into the season. He's never been considered a top 10 like people claim on here. At this point, do you really think the writer still thinks Gobert is 14? No, no he doesn't.

What's the big deal -- it's all a matter of opinion. The writer probably doesn't know any more than most of us when it comes to these kinds of things. It doesn't make one right or wrong. If you're a Jazz fan, Rudy is top 10. If you're a piss-*** curmudgeon, then he's not.

Jazz are shooting the 2nd best 3pt% in the NBA this year while taking the 10th most 3's a game.

and we're still 14-16. how? wtf is the problem then. you'd think we'd be winning more.

we shot lights out vs the cavs but I think the turnovers really negate alot of what we have been doing on the offensive end.

What's the big deal -- it's all a matter of opinion. The writer probably doesn't know any more than most of us when it comes to these kinds of things. It doesn't make one right or wrong. If you're a Jazz fan, Rudy is top 10. If you're a piss-*** curmudgeon, then he's not.
That's not how reality works.

He was considered top 10 by many people at the end of last season. He may not have won the popularity contest for DPOY but he was the top rim protector in the NBA by a long shot and either 1a or 1b of the most impactful player on the defensive side last year. Defense is half the game. He was #1 in blocks per game, total blocks, #2 FG%, #1 TS%, #1 Block %, #1 Defensive Win Shares, 2nd team all NBA (10 players on that list), 1st team all defense, #3 defensive rating, #3 offensive rating, #2 win Shares overall, #3 defensive box score +/-, #5 rebound %, #5 offensive rebound %, #4 rebounds per game, #4 total rebounds, #20 PER, #15 value added, #15 estimated wins added, #1 net rating per possession, #8 Value over replacement player, #15 in Box +/-, #8 WS per 48, #10 offensive win shares and many more top stats that easily put him in the top 10 based on stats alone and no personal opinions.

Last season (especially towards the end of the year) Gobert was top 10 or awfully close. If you look at these stats for the last couple months of the season he is much higher ranked as well in comparison.

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/jazz-rudy-gobert-gordon-hayward-build-defense/3/

He was considered top 10 by many people at the end of last season. He may not have won the popularity contest for DPOY but he was the top rim protector in the NBA by a long shot and either 1a or 1b of the most impactful player on the defensive side last year. Defense is half the game. He was #1 in blocks per game, total blocks, #2 FG%, #1 TS%, #1 Block %, #1 Defensive Win Shares, 2nd team all NBA (10 players on that list), 1st team all defense, #3 defensive rating, #3 offensive rating, #2 win Shares overall, #3 defensive box score +/-, #5 rebound %, #5 offensive rebound %, #4 rebounds per game, #4 total rebounds, #20 PER, #15 value added, #15 estimated wins added, #1 net rating per possession, #8 Value over replacement player, #15 in Box +/-, #8 WS per 48, #10 offensive win shares and many more top stats that easily put him in the top 10 based on stats alone and no personal opinions.

Last season (especially towards the end of the year) Gobert was top 10 or awfully close. If you look at these stats for the last couple months of the season he is much higher ranked as well in comparison.

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/jazz-rudy-gobert-gordon-hayward-build-defense/3/
Who were the many people you speak of? Link, please.

Sure, Rudy deserved to be in the conversation for top 20 player in the world last year, but he has never cracked the top 10, even with his great defensive stats. Arguably, he wasn't the best Jazz player.

Who, from last year are you leaving off your top 10 for Gobert and why? (Not in order)
1. Curry
2. Durant
3. Davis
4. Giannis
5. James
6. Leonard
7. Harden
8. Westbrook
9. Paul
10. PG13
11. Green

Who were the many people you speak of? Link, please.

Sure, Rudy deserved to be in the conversation for top 20 player in the world last year, but he has never cracked the top 10, even with his great defensive stats. Arguably, he wasn't the best Jazz player.

Who, from last year are you leaving off your top 10 for Gobert and why? (Not in order)
1. Curry
2. Durant
3. Davis
4. Giannis
5. James
6. Leonard
7. Harden
8. Westbrook
9. Paul
10. PG13
11. Green

I already linked some.

I would definitely put Gobert ahead (last season, not this season) of pg13. I would probably put him ahead of Crissy and Green. Personally I'm not a fan of what Westbrook does either. Her is an inefficient stat stuffer that takes plays off including defense. But I'm sure many would put their list different. But definitely had a bigger impact than Paul George last year.

I already linked some.

I would definitely put Gobert ahead (last season, not this season) of pg13. I would probably put him ahead of Crissy and Green. Personally I'm not a fan of what Westbrook does either. Her is an inefficient stat stuffer that takes plays off including defense. But I'm sure many would put their list different. But definitely had a bigger impact than Paul George last year.
So your link consists of quotes of DL saying Gobert is a top 10? Yeah, ok.

Yes he was. And I posted sites that had him top 5 at the time. Proving you wrong. Bump it, please.

I was talking last year not this year. Dat reading, doe.

Based on last years performance. That's were they felt he landed. LMFAO. /facepalm
No ****, dude. What I said is at this point, do you think he'd still be at 14? At best he was projected 14 and he's dropped, dude. Not hard to understand.

Yes he was. And I posted sites that had him top 5 at the time. Proving you wrong. Bump it, please.
This was posted on November 13th. At the time, Mitchell was not playing at the level he is now and other players weren't playing as well and/or injured at the time. You posted one link after I said the general consensus of the NBA doesn't have Mitchell in its top 5 at that point, but he's climbing. Mitchell clearly is 1 or 2 at this point. Before November 13th, it's not hard to argue he wasn't top 5.