What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Minnesota is interested in Gobert and I don’t see how a deal would be made but here is something I came up with for the lolz.

Jazz out: Gobert
Jazz in: Beasley/McDaniels/Burks/Noel/11/19/2024 1st/2026 1st

Timberwolves out: Russell/Beasley/McDaniels/19/2024 1st/2026 1st

Timberwolves in: Gobert/Fournier

Knicks out: Fournier/Burks/Noel/11

Knicks in: Russell

This is the trade I posted pre-draft due to the reported interest from Minnesota in Rudy.

It’s just so dumb they can’t just both be like… we know where this is headed… let’s just get there.

View: https://youtu.be/8uK1fmY563U

Josh is a fantasy guy, but it's interesting to hear his player analysis on Knicks players. The advanced stats seemed to really favor Quickley. Obi was excellent when given a chance to play. He didnt seem to be that impressed with RJ Barrett so I guess it's good he's off the table. Grimes sounds like a excellent defender with questionable shooting.

I think you get Toppin and maybe swing a deal for sexton. Kinda wild to me that Indy ain’t interested there. I think he’s a solid fit with Haliburton.

How does Bagley have a 3/36 and there is nothing out there for Sexton? I know they are very different dudes but Sexton is getting all the stink of being a big stats on a bad team guy and I’m not sure it’s entirely fair. It was just a meniscus right? Wasn’t ACL. I think the hate has gone too far.

And Sexton has, at least, has given me the vibe of someone who is trying to make things work. He has been more off-ball, I think his defense improved a little. I think his rookie season was he had so many boneheaded plays that people just locked in on that image.

It was with Garland and he has been more off-ball but his %Efg wasn't dissimilar to Mitchell. He got the line a lot and around %30 of his shots were at the rim. That's a pretty good number, around the same with Ja Morant. Touching the paint and creating rim pressure is quite important in NBA. He is nowhere near as good as Mitchell or Morant but there are skills there that's consistent with what works in the NBA.

And if the vibes I am getting are true, there is a next step he can take.

And Sexton has, at least, has given me the vibe of someone who is trying to make things work. He has been more off-ball, I think his defense improved a little. I think his rookie season was he had so many boneheaded plays that people just locked in on that image.

It was with Garland and he has been more off-ball but his %Efg wasn't dissimilar to Mitchell. He got the line a lot and around %30 of his shots were at the rim. That's a pretty good number, around the same with Ja Morant. Touching the paint and creating rim pressure is quite important in NBA. He is nowhere near as good as Mitchell or Morant but there are skills there that's consistent with what works in the NBA.

And if the vibes I am getting are true, there is a next step he can take.
He’s a little ball boggy but his teams were really bad. I think he’s a guy who is really driven and competitive. Don’t think he’s stat hunting. He plays really hard… think he’s undervalued… at 15-20M a year if you dot really good he could be used as a bench piece.

I picked up Miles McBride during the fantasy playoffs and he gave me one of the worst lines I've ever seen. So take that FWIW.

Minnesota was on the fringes, but they were mentioned. Orlando is getting some chatter and Miami is putting in work to get more picks and OKC could be facilitator (would LOVE our '24 1st back). Knicks need to **** or get off the pot.
Every time I see that OKC could help MIA get more picks, I'm incredulous.

Can anyone explain a scenario under which some of OKC's picks would end up in MIA's hands? Is someone under the impression that OKC wants Herro and is willing to give up FRPs? That's the closest thing I can think of, but even that seems like a less than 1% chance.

Every time I see that OKC could help MIA get more picks, I'm incredulous.

Can anyone explain a scenario under which some of OKC's picks would end up in MIA's hands? Is someone under the impression that OKC wants Herro and is willing to give up FRPs? That's the closest thing I can think of, but even that seems like a less than 1% chance.
They need to flip Herro/Strus/Vincent for picks and move Robinson for an expiring. Lowry might get a pick somewhere.

Herro could have decent value but doubt OKC is that team.

My understanding is deal framework is done. No idea what the delay is.

There are a couple of grassroots sources who might agree with you. One guy on social media who purportedly has a connection inside the Heat organization said the Jazz informed Miami on Friday that they were out of the running for Mitchell. That would suggest the Jazz no longer needed the Heat for leverage with New York.

Maybe the Jazz are done negotiating with the Knicks and they're now seeing if they can add a 3rd team to sweeten the return by increasing the overall pool of assets. Maybe they can link in Cleveland and pick up Sexton, or maybe they can find a way to unload Rudy Gay. A massive trade like this creates an event that teams can use to try to move on a couple additional objectives.