What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

We are going to go through all of this just to make the Knicks give us a better package?
I mean, we are doing the tanking part either way. If it works, the Knicks will up the package before the trade deadline and the off-season signings wont need to happen.

A lot of **** just has to go right for that to work.

IF we get Middleton/Wiggins/Victor Wenby (there's a decent amount of good free agents next year, and we have a ton of assets to trade) and use our Rudy Gobert trade assets to get another piece is Donovan going to leave that? IF Victor is generational would that keep Donovan here?

If the Jazz can maintain a bottom 5 record with Don because of a shameless tank, NYK has to be worried that us getting Victor, the guy everyone is calling the next generational prospect, would keep Donovan in Utah.

No, the problem is that you spam your side over and over to every single person who disagrees with it and won't let a single conversation continue without interjecting your side at every possible break.

There's a reason why so many people expressed the sentiment that conversations around here were amazing during the week you were banned. Because you weren't here to derail them.
Oh, so I don't spin stuff? What is it MT? Lost in your lies?

Let me guess - the conversations were amazing because you all got to agree about your "not so hidden" hate for Donovan Mitchell.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

The Jazz's best way to make New York reconsider their trade package:

1. Tell NYK they are keeping Mitchell with the idea of a 1 year tank into a rebuild
  2. Draft Victor #1
  3. Trade Clarkson/Bogey/Gay all off the team to maximize assets and cap room for 2023
  4. Sign max free agents. Go out and overpay for Khris Middleton and Andrew Wiggins.
  5. Compete

Obviously a lot of **** has to go right for this to work, but it at least is something the Jazz can legitimately act like they are doing and NYK will have to respect it.
I call this "Lopo's Wildest Dream" scenario.

If I could guarantee this would happen, I would actually prefer it to straight tanking without Donovan tbh. It's just a small needle to thread.

If you even thought you had that power, you'd have it put on your headstone. "Singlehandedly rode Spida out of town!" - Dwillpwnasaurausrex
I never implied Cy or Ballislife Cy had any power whatsoever.

A loud segment of the fanbase gives us a bad name. Its why we get mocked.

It's one thing to be critical. Every fanbase has tough fans. Jazz fans just have an unusually high ratio of ignorant critical fans with loud mouths that clutch to hate of something within the organization at all times.

I call this "Lopo's Wildest Dream" scenario.

If I could guarantee this would happen, I would actually prefer it to straight tanking without Donovan tbh. It's just a small needle to thread.

I think everyone would prefer this if it was guaranteed to happen lol.

I never implied Cy or Ballislife Cy had any power whatsoever.

A loud segment of the fanbase gives us a bad name. Its why we get mocked.

It's one thing to be critical. Every fanbase has tough fans. Jazz fans just have an unusually high ratio of ignorant critical fans with loud mouths that clutch to hate of something within the organization at all times.

C'mon bro. You hated on Rudy as much if not more than any other poster here has hated on anybody. If you're gonna be like this, look in the mirror. You are far more guilty of what you are pointing your fingers at others than 90+% of us.

The Jazz's best way to make New York reconsider their trade package:

1. Tell NYK they are keeping Mitchell with the idea of a 1 year tank into a rebuild
  2. Draft Victor #1
  3. Trade Clarkson/Bogey/Gay all off the team to maximize assets and cap room for 2023
  4. Sign max free agents. Go out and overpay for Khris Middleton and Andrew Wiggins.
  5. Compete

Obviously a lot of **** has to go right for this to work, but it at least is something the Jazz can legitimately act like they are doing and NYK will have to respect it.
No thanks... Just trade him to the Heat or for NY's B-package and don't worry about getting 125% of value in trade. You can make up some value in other places.

Just negotiate a deal with the Heat and tell them 3 heat picks and Herro (who you love) plus swaps and any other draft compensation you can squeeze out of the Heat is better than their offer of 23/25 knicks picks unprotected and 3 of the other picks they own plus Toppin/IQ or whatevs. Tell them you will resolve this before training camp one way or another... we want one more unprotected pick in 27. Saying we like Herro much better is the route to go because his value is nebulous. Be fully prepared to take the Heat deal if they don't pony up.

We are in the stage where we collect other offers. Some of which could be acceptable.

No thanks... Just trade him to the Heat or for NY's B-package and don't worry about getting 125% of value in trade. You can make up some value in other places.

Just negotiate a deal with the Heat and tell them 3 heat picks and Herro (who you love) plus swaps and any other draft compensation you can squeeze out of the Heat is better than their offer of 23/25 knicks picks unprotected and 3 of the other picks they own plus Toppin/IQ or whatevs. Tell them you will resolve this before training camp one way or another... we want one more unprotected pick in 27. Saying we like Herro much better is the route to go because his value is nebulous. Be fully prepared to take the Heat deal if they don't pony up.

We are in the stage where we collect other offers. Some of which could be acceptable.
Why not though? SGA cant make the OKC Thunder win despite them actually having a good defense. Mitchell cant make the Jazz win if they take out Bogey/Clarkson/Conley and give him Beasley/Vanderbilt/Bolmero/Butler/Kessler to play with.

I mean, I'm sure he would not want to stay and it would take an incredible job to make a team good enough for him to stay, but I guess it could be possible.

Which is why we should take the best offer of the two (Knicks or Heat) and move forward.

Why not though? SGA cant make the OKC Thunder win despite them actually having a good defense. Mitchell cant make the Jazz win if they take out Bogey/Clarkson/Conley and give him Beasley/Vanderbilt/Bolmero/Butler/Kessler to play with.
Because you only have a 50% shot at getting a top 4 pick... 14% at #1. This likely isn't a one year tank.

Donovan also won't stay beyond his next deal. He has an opt out so he doesn't have to extend. We will have less leverage by bluffing in 12 months. If they call your bluff just choose between the best offer and hope it works out.

If you want to do something like that I don't know why you wouldn't go with the Herro and picks package. Gets you a longer runway but an inferior piece obviously... but you get the picks to help supplement the value. Start fresh instead of chasing value in one particular trade.

Tony Jones on with Checketts said he'd put the odds a deal gets done by training camp at 75/25. Says the Jazz really want Grimes and Toppin and the Knicks want to keep Grimes. The two sides still have a lot to hammer out.

Tony Jones on with Checketts said he'd put the odds a deal gets done by training camp at 75/25. Says the Jazz really want Grimes and Toppin and the Knicks want to keep Grimes. The two sides still have a lot to hammer out.

They can keep Grimes just give us 6 1sts.