What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

When your team was 100% guaranteed to get LeBron, Durant, Zion, Lillard, and others, you learn not to run out and buy a Knicks jersey of that guy.
Come on, man. If you almost get LeBron, Durant, Zion, and Lillard, then that's the next best thing to getting them, and if you got all those guys, you'd definitely have won the championship, so hang another banner in the rafters because teams like us never almost had those guys, so definitely the champs.

That Nets pick could turn out to be something too. Sure, they could win it all next year. But they’re a Durant trade or injury (again) and Kyrie going walkabout (again) away from being led into the lottery by Ben Simmons (if he plays at all).

That Nets pick could turn out to be something too. Sure, they could win it all next year. But they’re a Durant trade or injury (again) and Kyrie going walkabout (again) away from being led into the lottery by Ben Simmons (if he plays at all).
It's a "least favorable" from the 6'ers, Rockets, and Nets picks. I wouldn't expect it to be much no matter what, but in a draft as good as next year's should be? Could be a role player and that's about all you can ask for.

Day work, no time to read. What’s the jist of all this tampering stuffy
They hired his dad, mom and 3 of his uncles before his deal. They also promised to buy him 4 car dealerships to hand off at a later time, 2 with the name Jalen Brunson Motors, but the other 2 would be Brunson to Mitchell. Pretty shady stuff.

I gathered all of this without reading it, I also don't have time to read.

It's a "least favorable" from the 6'ers, Rockets, and Nets picks. I wouldn't expect it to be much no matter what, but in a draft as good as next year's should be? Could be a role player and that's about all you can ask for.
Maybe swap that for a most favorable from somebody for Beasley or Beverley. . .

Just saying. . .

If Miami can swing a trade that nets them some picks, don’t they become the favorite?

I think I would prefer them as a trade partner to the Knicks. Herro is a far better player asset than anything we’d get from the Knicks and is a flippable piece.

It’d be hilarious if the Knicks whiffed on this. We’re really only one trade away from them no longer being the favorite.

If Miami can swing a trade that nets them some picks, don’t they become the favorite?

I think I would prefer them as a trade partner to the Knicks. Herro is a far better player asset than anything we’d get from the Knicks and is a flippable piece.

It’d be hilarious if the Knicks whiffed on this. We’re really only one trade away from them no longer being the favorite.
We aren’t building around Herro, we are building using picks, we need the Knicks unprotected picks and we need to suck next year. Why do you think the jazz aren’t interested in RJ? So, why would we have interest in Herro? We need the Knicks unprotected picks, this is why we’ve essentially only had major conversations with the Knicks.

We aren’t building around Herro, we are building using picks, we need the Knicks unprotected picks and we need to suck next year. Why do you think the jazz aren’t interested in RJ? So, why would we have interest in Herro? We need the Knicks unprotected picks, this is why we’ve essentially only had major conversations with the Knicks.
We would be flipping Herro for more picks.

We would be flipping Herro for more picks.
This doesn't really answer the question, since we could flip Barrett for more picks, as well. In fact, I recall reading a recent article from a writer that asked a bunch of team executives during summer league whether they felt Herro or Barrett had higher value. The majority felt Barrett had more value.

So, get:
NYK picks 27 and 29 unprotected
NYK 2nd round 25, 28, 29
The DET, DAL, WAS, MKE picks in 23, 23, 24, 25 (all to a varying degree protected)
One more pick (23?) with protections.
A pick swap or two, maybe with 1-3 protections.

Fournier + a some kind of selection of Toppin, Quickley, Grimes, etc.

It would be a historical haul in terms of number of picks, but most of those picks are maybe not great.

I would think we'd love to get Barrett, since he has a bunch of value. Not sure we want him to stay.
Hopefully, Ainge has asked for all the picks, swaps, Barrett, Toppin, Quickley, Grimes and McBride.

Let them get desperate as training camp comes around and take everything you can from them.

Jazz are giving up their 25 year old, 3 time All Star player (who is a native New Yorker) with 3 years still on his (at the moment reasonable) contract. It should hurt for them to get him. Glad Danny Ainge us running things instead of DL.

It would be advantageous for us to get Barrett or Herro and extend them. **** trading them for extra picks. At some point we need actual players and both of those guys are going to be awesome. I’m higher on Herro than Barrett but they’re similar value wise.

You are sorely mistaken.