What's new

Jazz front runner for Conley

People think that running it back represents the status quo for the Front Office, but I think that's what adding Conley represents. He might make the Jazz a little bit better, but he most certainly is not what will make the Jazz championship caliber. Its fine if he himself does not make the jazz championship caliber because few player would, but he (his contract) does single-handedly hamper the Jazz ability to get any better by adding him.

The Jazz get significantly better by adding Conley. Any big player we get (Harris, DLo) is pretty much it. Trading for Conley lets us keep Favors and also allows us to use the 10 million MLA. Harris and DlO lose Favors and only give us 3 million + min contracts to get better.

My biggest fear is that this trade falls through, we miss out on Russell and Tobias and end up trading for Goran Dragic and that's our big offseason move.

People think that running it back represents the status quo for the Front Office, but I think that's what adding Conley represents. He might make the Jazz a little bit better, but he most certainly is not what will make the Jazz championship caliber. Its fine if he himself does not make the jazz championship caliber because few player would, but he (his contract) does single-handedly hamper the Jazz ability to get any better by adding him.
Thing is Conley is a much better player than Rubio or Hill. He wouldn't make us a little better, he would make us much much better.

I don’t think people really hate Conley because of his talent, it’s simply because of the money.

But if we don’t do it, how are going to realistically fill out this roster? It’s basically Russell or bust. The Terry Rozier and Bobby Portis’ of the world gets us nowhere.

I don’t think people really hate Conley because of his talent, it’s simply because of the money.

But if we don’t do it, how are going to realistically fill out this roster? It’s basically Russell or bust. The Terry Rozier and Bobby Portis’ of the world gets us nowhere.
I don’t think money is an issue at all with Conley. Especially if DedEx ends up in the deal.

Thing is Conley is a much better player than Rubio or Hill. He wouldn't make us a little better, he would make us much much better.

Again, Jazz with a healthy Hill or an effective Rubio were world beaters. Conley guarantees this every night. I actually think Conley would show better in the Jazz offense than he has been in Memphis too. Who are the two-guards Conley has played with?

My issues with Conley are:

- Salary - he would represent our whole off-season this summer and next. Then we gotta pay Gobert and Donovan.
- Picks - how many is it gonna take? #23? #23 and 2021?
- Exum - financially, it makes sense, but I haven't lost faith in Exum
- Longevity - the guy is 32. 32. Our future superstar is 23. Conley is done before DM hits his prime. I want someone to grow with Donovan, not temporarily boost us a little.
- Risk - I personally think he's injury prone. I know Exum is too, but Exum costs 30% of what Conley does.
- Free Agency - can we please try it? Please? Last year, we just ran it back. When was the last time we tried to lure somebody with max space?

If we added him for nothing like into cap space, it's a great deal. If we end up losing Exum, a first and maybe even another 1st, what a stupid trade.

Okay so lets assume your right and he makes the jazz much, much, better. It is still pretty wishful thinking that he makes the Jazz championship caliber better, after all very few players have that ability to change a franchise like that. What is the upside? Year two hes a year older on an expiring deal, hes not getting better, and the jazz aren't adding anyone else... The Jazz get worse again in two years when he leaves, but they have money to spend again! yipee... status quo

My issues with Conley are:

- Salary - he would represent our whole off-season this summer and next. Then we gotta pay Gobert and Donovan.
- Picks - how many is it gonna take? #23? #23 and 2021?
- Exum - financially, it makes sense, but I haven't lost faith in Exum
- Longevity - the guy is 32. 32. Our future superstar is 23. Conley is done before DM hits his prime. I want someone to grow with Donovan, not temporarily boost us a little.
- Risk - I personally think he's injury prone. I know Exum is too, but Exum costs 30% of what Conley does.
- Free Agency - can we please try it? Please? Last year, we just ran it back. When was the last time we tried to lure somebody with max space?

If we added him for nothing like into cap space, it's a great deal. If we end up losing Exum, a first and maybe even another 1st, what a stupid trade.
Conley and Love are our only two realistic options, unless we’re running it back with Favors and grabbing a Collison, otherwise pick your poison.

The Jazz get significantly better by adding Conley. Any big player we get (Harris, DLo) is pretty much it. Trading for Conley lets us keep Favors and also allows us to use the 10 million MLA. Harris and DlO lose Favors and only give us 3 million + min contracts to get better.
I take Harris or Dlo 100 out of 100 times. I know I'm not alone in that either... I get it though because you cant make a free agent sign with your team so you have to look at your other options. I just think even without free agency there are better more rewarding risks than getting Conley.

Conley and Love are our only two realistic options, unless we’re running it back with Favors and grabbing a Collison, otherwise pick your poison.

I completely disagree. I think we could get a Russell. Or a Randle. Or others.

If we trade Exum and 2 1st rounders for Conley, it's going to be as bad as Brooklyn trading 3 first rounders for Paul Pierce.

Okay so lets assume your right and he makes the jazz much, much, better. It is still pretty wishful thinking that he makes the Jazz championship caliber better, after all very few players have that ability to change a franchise like that. What is the upside? Year two hes a year older on an expiring deal, hes not getting better, and the jazz aren't adding anyone else... The Jazz get worse again in two years when he leaves, but they have money to spend again! yipee...

So what would you like to see the front office do? Who can they realistically add that will improve the team more than Conley? Their biggest fee agent acquisition over the last 10 plus year was an old, way past his prime Joe Johnson. Utah isn't and never will be a free agent destination. We also have very few trade assets so we aren't going to be able to acquire the Kawhi Leonard's or Anthony Davis's of the NBA that instantly make you a championship contender.

Also, if Gasol becomes a FA and Toronto does resign him, I'd be willing to add his corpse to our roster to replace Favors.

I completely disagree. I think we could get a Russell. Or a Randle. Or others.

If we trade Exum and 2 1st rounders for Conley, it's going to be as bad as Brooklyn trading 3 first rounders for Paul Pierce.

LMAO